Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

So no one else is having shorting problems with this???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/2/2021 11:06:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hunterrrrr
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 75
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos39
So no one else is having shorting problems with this???
So, no one else is getting the shorting problem and the whacky Ohm readings with this rba??? Well a lot of others including my self are. And it's bullshit. Someone posted a video on how to fix the problem here
Tfv8 baby beast rba shorting problem fix

But it hasn't worked for me. I have two of them and they both do this. I shaved the hell out of one and it still gives constant shortings and whacky Ohm readings. Here is what it looks like after I shaved it down

One time I got it to work. I screwed the rba into the base just barely, until it just touched the gold pin. it stayed at 0.10ohm and it produced awesome flavor! this is what it looked like

But I never got it to work again after that. But it seems like mostly everyone who has reviewed it here hasn't had this problem... It definitely isn't me either. I'm thinking maybe the two I bought (from vapesourcing) are just junk. I would really love to get this working because I like the baby beast. Been using it for 3 years since I quit smoking 🚬. I mean yeah I'm into other rta's that are way better. I think my Wotofo Bravo and Geekvape Creed are awesome flavor producers. I have the tfv8 Cloud Beast rba and the tfv12 Prince rba and those things are MONSTERS.
I was just really hoping for this to work. But idk man. I'm gonna order one from here and hope for the best. Maybe FastTech has the good ones!
My website = ***Longliveledzeppelin.blogspot.com*** = Hundreds of Led Zeppelin bootlegs, all free!
#2 (permalink)      2/2/2021 11:38:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
banjo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 849
  • Reviews 140
  • Kudos854
Mine only works when I build it from the bottom up.
Screw the base tightly to the mod,so that the 510 pin sticks up as far as it can.
then screw on the RBA-but not to tightly...checking that it fires though.
then glass and top.
Works fine for me.
It just doesnt get any better than this !
#3 (permalink)      2/2/2021 11:40:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
banjo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 849
  • Reviews 140
  • Kudos854
another fix was to hold the RBA in a vice,and try and whack the centrepin,between the posts,with a small screwdriver- but that never worked for me
It just doesnt get any better than this !
#4 (permalink)      2/2/2021 1:28:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4712
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2838
It seems about half of users have experienced this. I know i use to, back when I used the baby beast RBAs. Never had a single problem with the Prince RBA.

Sub ohm tanks normally use a crappy press fit 510 pin. If you can get the rba to connect tightly inside the base, you're good. Make sure the base is already on a mod...that will cause the 510 pin to push up as high as possible. Also, as a side note - constantly recheck your grub screws holding the coils, they tend to back off easily when heated/cooled.
What does he mean when he says words?
#5 (permalink)      2/2/2021 3:20:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4712
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2838
If it works until you put the cap on, then shorts, make your coils smaller, if you get "no atty" use the method i mentioned above...they are fussy, but there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get it to work. You mention two different and unrelated issues so I'm just trying to cover all the bases lol...good luck!
What does he mean when he says words?
#6 (permalink)      2/2/2021 10:05:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hunterrrrr
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 75
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos39
Thanks guys really appreciate the suggestions. Gonna mess around with it a while.
Thanks again mates
My website = ***Longliveledzeppelin.blogspot.com*** = Hundreds of Led Zeppelin bootlegs, all free!