Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Are they any better? (2017.09)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/2/2017 11:19:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Matej_SI
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
+1 details
Are they any better? (2017.09)
Hello.

I have Big Baby so I RBA is included in the package. However I couldn't get it to work. OHM reading was so off and jumping from 0.2 to 0.6 so it's unusable in more modern MODs. Old ones without protection would fire and work but newer ones would say Error, OHM Error, Atomizer Error, Protection,...

I found out there was a lot of people posting on youtube same problem. Positive (or negative) is "press-fitted" and that's why resistance jumps all over the place.

I bought new one at local vape shop and it's the same.

This was when TFV8, Baby and Big Baby came out.

What I'm wondering, since it's roughly a year since introduction, is SMOK rectified the problem?

Don't wanna buy another with the same problem.

---

info: I found out Baby and Big Baby Tanks can use Eleaf HWx coils*, Joyetech ProCore Cx* and a couple of others. Some doesn't have RBA, some should have but cannot find them anywhere. Did anyone find RBA for other interchangeable* coils? Offcourse that RBA would be same height as pre-made coils (Q2, X4, T6/8) so less space for coil(s).

* source: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/6r4luj/interchangeable_coils_and_tank_list/

Eleaf HW coils
Geekvape iM4 coil
iJoy XS coils
Joyetech ProCore Aries coils
SMOK TFV8 baby coils
Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
Vaporesso NRG coils

These should be all interchangeable if this helps anyone.
#2 (permalink)      9/2/2017 11:41:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ConquerDivide
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 1876
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos1536
My TFV8 only had that problem if the post screws came loose over time. I'd just go through the basics and make sure everything is tightened well and making proper connection and having good pressure on the coil leads, and you're not touching the chimney.
The 510 pin on the full size tfv8 moves, try making sure that's pushed in all the way into the base so it's making good connection with the RBA base.
#3 (permalink)      9/3/2017 1:44:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
banjo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 849
  • Reviews 140
  • Kudos854
Same Problem here Matej_SI .
I even followed some tutorials on filing the base section and Corners of the RBA. No luck. on the AL 85 I always get "atomiser short,or jumping ohms"
It works just fine on E-Leaf 60W temp control model, and on the smoant battlestar,it works ok for 10 minutes,then keeps asking "new coil".
Only solution for me is to use stock coils...which defeats the purpose. when my stock coils run out,this is going in the bin.
It just doesnt get any better than this !
#4 (permalink)      9/3/2017 2:22:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 389
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos322
The OBS V Tank coil should work in the TFV8
The RBA section i am not sure about it but if the coils work why not the RBA?

SKU 7087700
The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#5 (permalink)      9/5/2017 2:16:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Matej_SI
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
+1 details
>The OBS V Tank coil should work in the TFV8

True, but I have TFV8 Big Baby (same as TFV8 Baby, Big one is bigger and one RBA head is included in package)

JUST FOUND!

Possible solution:

https://youtu.be/c5D8p2QgNdE
#6 (permalink)      9/6/2017 3:57:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Matej_SI
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
Mine aren't wobbly and they don't move but if I pinch both posts resistance kinda stabilize. But this is not solution (LOL) because I have to keep pressing both posts towards the center to get constant OHM reading.