shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Is this the correct rba for smok tfv8 baby?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/7/2017 6:48:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NorthernMonkey
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
Is this the correct rba for smok tfv8 baby?
Hi, know it sounds a daft question, but I bought this rba to go on my smok tfv8 baby that came as part of my alien kit.
Now the rba doesn't work correctly, the ohms are up and down constantly, it was like this since the first time I used it.
The first 5 puffs went fine then I got a horrible burnt taste, tried again with the same results.
At this point I noticed the ohms went from o.4 to 1.5, press it again 1, then 3 and so on.
So I rebuilt the stock coil that came with with the same results.
I read online and some people saying that the positive post was loose on theirs, so checked mine and there is some play in it,
I tried to tighten it but it won't tighten, think it's been over tightened at the factory and they've stripped the threads.
Anyway I've contacted fasttech to tell them it's faulty and they say it's because I've ordered the wrong rba for my atomizer?
I have a smok tfv8 baby and the rba is for a smok tfv8 baby?
Please help, am I wrong or are they?
Thanks.
#2 (permalink)      1/7/2017 7:53:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7128
I'm pretty sure you bought the right item. If it has a connectivity issue like you describe and you can't repair it by tightening things up, you may have received a defective product.
#3 (permalink)      1/7/2017 8:37:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 5650
  • Reviews 268
  • Kudos3346
you could try a couple things,like jamming a tiny piece of foil into the loose hole and carefully tightening the screw,see if it does anything for you short of getting a new one
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#4 (permalink)      1/7/2017 8:56:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
NorthernMonkey wrote:

I've contacted fasttech to tell them it's faulty and they say it's because I've ordered the wrong rba for my atomizer? I have a smok tfv8 baby and the rba is for a smok tfv8 baby? Please help, am I wrong or are they? Thanks.

FastTech staff are wrong. This is the right rba for the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast tank. I bought mine from here to also compliment my Alien/Baby Beast kit. My review of this rba is listed. I had no issues with a loose positive post on mine.

As Randall says, it sounds like you have received a faulty rba and it is covered under FastTech's warranty. If they still want to give you the runaround just lodge a Paypal complaint.

#5 (permalink)      1/7/2017 8:59:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NorthernMonkey
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
Thanks for the replies.
martinc wrote:

you could try a couple things,like jamming a tiny piece of foil into the loose hole and carefully tightening the screw,see if it does anything for you short of getting a new one

It's the post that's slightly loose, not the screws.
I've tried tightening it underneath, but it just goes loose.
My main concern was fasttech telling me they can't do anything because I've ordered the wrong rba.
Thanks again.

#6 (permalink)      1/7/2017 9:08:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NorthernMonkey
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

NorthernMonkey wrote:
I've contacted fasttech to tell them it's faulty and they say it's because I've ordered the wrong rba for my atomizer? I have a smok tfv8 baby and the rba is for a smok tfv8 baby? Please help, am I wrong or are they? Thanks.

FastTech staff are wrong. This is the right rba for the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast tank. I bought mine from here to also compliment my Alien/Baby Beast kit. My review of this rba is listed. I had no issues with a loose positive post on mine.

As Randall says, it sounds like you have received a faulty rba and it is covered under FastTech's warranty. If they still want to give you the runaround just lodge a Paypal complaint.

I thought it was the right rba, I'm not new to this.
But thought I'd check on here just make sure it wasn't me being stupid.
Can you lodge a complaint with PayPal over faulty items?
Obviously I will give fasttech the chance to sort it first, but nice to have a backup.
I've bought lots of stuff from fasttech over the years and never had a problem.
Hopefully they sort it out, it's faulty and not because it's the wrong one.
Again thanks for helping out.

#7 (permalink)      1/7/2017 9:52:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
NorthernMonkey wrote:

I thought it was the right rba, I'm not new to this.
But thought I'd check on here just make sure it wasn't me being stupid.
Can you lodge a complaint with PayPal over faulty items?
Obviously I will give fasttech the chance to sort it first, but nice to have a backup.
I've bought lots of stuff from fasttech over the years and never had a problem.
Hopefully they sort it out, it's faulty and not because it's the wrong one.
Again thanks for helping out.

Yes you can lodge a Paypal dispute as "item faulty or not as described". You can try to resolve it with FT CS but if all else fails you have the Paypal option. FT will probably ask you for photos or a video to confirm it and then ask you to return it and you will have to pay to ship it back to them which they will refund if it is faulty but then you would have to wait 2-4 weeks for them to receive it, check it and then send you a new one. If you are lucky they will just send you a new one due to the low price.

#8 (permalink)      1/8/2017 11:16:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NorthernMonkey
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
Thanks djvillan.
I'm waiting to here back from fasttech, I've told them to read this thread to prove its the right rba for my atomizer.
#9 (permalink)      1/9/2017 1:47:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NorthernMonkey
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
+2 details
Just to update..
Fasttech still say their quality control say that the smok tfv8 baby rba doesn't work with smok tfv8 baby atomizer.
On here you say it's the right rba, the Internet says it's the right rba, smok website says it's the right rba.
I know it's right!
I'm waiting for my final response from ft, then I'll be opening a dispute with PayPal.
I'm not impressed with fasttech's response in dealing with this matter, I've been buying from fasttech for the last 2 years, not sure I'll be buying anything else in the future.
Never had a problem with them before, but if this is how they deal with their customers when something goes wrong I'll be staying well clear.
Thanks for everyone's help.
#10 (permalink)      1/13/2017 9:43:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NorthernMonkey
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3
Another update.
Finally getting sorted out, their quality control have finally realised that this is the correct rba for my atomizer.
They are now sending me a replacement.
Thanks for the help.
#11 (permalink)      1/13/2017 10:15:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 5650
  • Reviews 268
  • Kudos3346
+1 details
That was almost epic
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam