shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

No contact problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/11/2017 1:44:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HarBa
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+2 details
No contact problem
I buy some of them, 50% has no contact to Coil. Shows no Atomizer in Mod menu. Find out, the Problem was a lot of Glue between the upper and lower Part.
After 5 minutes heating with a gas burner, could screw up the upper and lower part.
Clean the thread and reassemble it.
The stainless steel has turned a little bit yellow but the contact is restored now.
#2 (permalink)      1/12/2017 12:16:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
benpui
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 646
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos682
HarBa wrote:

I buy some of them, 50% has no contact to Coil. Shows no Atomizer in Mod menu. Find out, the Problem was a lot of Glue between the upper and lower Part.After 5 minutes heating with a gas burner, could screw up the upper and lower part.Clean the thread and reassemble it.The stainless steel has turned a little bit yellow but the contact is restored now.

thanks for pointing out the problem. a great solution for owners to rectify it and abit of colour added to it too ^^

#3 (permalink)      1/12/2017 12:45:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 22432
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos26322
Sand the color off, or even use an abrasive polishing compound. It's just surface oxidation from the heat and will come off very easily ;-)
Woah, mama!
#4 (permalink)      6/27/2017 3:14:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CamPhil
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos3
I thought it was all one piece apart from the AFC ring, positive pin and insulator, and the AFC ring was just held in place by the pins.
I couldn't find any way to disassemble it beyond removal of the positive pin and it's insulator, and assumed there must be an O ring behind the AFC ring to give it's smooth operation. Wouldn't that get burned by heating, or is it really that smooth without anything but metal to metal contact?
I'll give it a go (after popping the positive pin and insulator out) as long as I'm not going to gas myself with cooked O ring, butt want to make sure we are discussing the same item first.
I was getting good conductivity, but it very quickly became intermittent (Check Atomiser or wick fires, apparently at random), so certainly not usable at present!