shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Split RTA by SJMY – Review
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/22/2016 1:05:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
4C2O_
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1544
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos2457
and what is the other sjym version that is also 316 but more expenssive and with less accessories???
#12 (permalink)      10/7/2016 6:22:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
striftos
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos3
Nice review! It was just what I needed to buy this sucker!

I was wondering, what ID coils are you using with this? 3.5mm wick holes, so it should be 3.5mm ID? Think I could get away with 3mm and fluffing up the ends?

Also the original is 1.3ml tank, is this one bigger? Maybe it doesn't fit 2ml?

Thanks!
#13 (permalink)      10/9/2016 3:28:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 4567
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos4984
striftos wrote:

I was wondering, what ID coils are you using with this? 3.5mm wick holes, so it should be 3.5mm ID? Think I could get away with 3mm and fluffing up the ends?

Also the original is 1.3ml tank, is this one bigger? Maybe it doesn't fit 2ml?

Thanks!

I use 2.5mm ID for the coils.

Not sure of exact capacity. I believe this is a 1:1 clone though.

#14 (permalink)      10/10/2016 5:45:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
striftos
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos3
Thank you Randall, that 2.5mm ID matches my vaping style even more!

Looking forward to getting this, it should ship out today!
#15 (permalink)      11/28/2016 5:58:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVape19
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 114
  • Reviews 58
  • Kudos100
+1 details
Some more pics and comments:

Notes:
- its really really small, building is a bit tricky but not too bad. The flat headless screws can be a little tedious. The posts on the outside are such that some of your coil wire partially blocks the wick holes. A small nuisance
- yes, there is the, "the split atty by DNV" logo on the bottom
- no, that is not the standard drip tip... SKU 5561403 for those interested
- wish it would come with an extra glass tank, otherwise the accessories bag was decent (2 ceramic blocks for single coil builds, 5 o-rings, 2 flat head screws, 2 headless flat head screws, a squonk nut, a threaded delrin (?) drip tip, a threaded drip tip adapter, and a screw driver) and that little burlap SJMY baggy
- the O-ring tolerance around the tank that meets the top cap was super tight. I put a little bit of juice so it slides a little nicer, but not a great quality o-ring.
- filling the tank is a little tricky. Small hole at the top of the deck won't take most juice bottle top caps because it's just so small. I've order some of these to counteract SKU 1295001. I've found a juice tip that will work, but it requires fairly decent precision. I've spilled some out, and the "juice well" on top of the deck, if you want to call it that, is very shallow, and that's the only time I've had leakage out of the airholes. I can't see this tank leaking from the bottom as there's a lip that surrounds the bottom of the tank glass. I hate leakage of any kind, but this looks like it won't leak if you have a small enough juice bottle tip
- finally taste is very good. I haven't had any spit back. I'm quite happy with the way it vapes, but it does has small annoyances. Surprisingly, a decent amount of airflow
- can't comment on the BF pin as I'm not a squonker

Edited on 11/29/2016 at 8:43 AM. Reason: