shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Split RTA by SJMY – Review
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/22/2016 12:54:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 3332
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos3257
$0.05 rebate earned+13 details
Split RTA by SJMY – Review
Someone asked for me to give a review of this product but I bought it elsewhere so I’m posting it here.

This is a great little (tiny) atty. It’s got a 2ml tank, an easy top-refill hole in the positive block or it can be refilled using bottom-feed if attached to a squonk mod.

When I first took it apart for cleaning I noticed that everything about this thing is tiny. It’s an RTA that is no bigger than most 22mm RDAs. Its airflow control ring is recessed inside the top cap and is not easy to adjust and that can be a pro or a con for you. It is not going to move easily once you set it. I tend to like airflow to be minimal, yet found that full-open is what I prefer on this one as the airflow is light. The airflow ring has a single coil option as well and you can use the included silicone tank hole blocker if you elect to build with a single coil.

The glass tank measures 19mm W x 11.6mm H and is well protected so it seems unlikely to break if dropped but be careful with it when disassembling because it is delicate. It provides the needed window to determine if it’s time to refill.

Coiling and wicking was difficult for me the first time since the headless screws in the center post are so tiny that it’s hard to see the flat-head screwdriver slots. Also, the deck is very compact and the wick holes leading into the tank are tricky to feed the wick through but it can be done with a pin as a tool to tuck it in there. I used 26G wire, 8.5 wraps per coil, making each just over 1 ohm and a .57 ohm dual-coil build. I used one Fiber freaks regular wick cut in half and trimmed each end narrow to jam it into the holes using a pin while still leaving some room for the wick to expand.

Once built, I filled the tank using the center fill hole in the positive block. I used a plastic bottle with a fine tip SKU 4543012 and it made a nice seal so I could squeeze the bottle and fill it very easily. Refills are a breeze too. You don’t even need to remove the cap if using the wide bore drip tip, which I really like. You do not need to put a screw or cap on this fill hole. It will not leak even if inverted.

If you elect to use the bottom-feed method on a squonk mod, remove the positive nut from the 510 connector and replace it with the one in the parts bag that has a hole drilled through it. You will also need to install one of the headless screws in the center fill-hole of the positive block when you do this. When it comes time to refill the 2ml tank, just squeeze your squonk bottle in the mod to do this. Seems redundant to me (filing a tank with a tank) considering how easy the top-fill hole is to use but it’s nice to have this bottom-feed refill option.

The vape is very good and I’m pleased that this first build was successful. I am vaping this build at 40W continuously with no dry hits. On my first top-refill I overfilled it and made a little mess so when it looks full through the glass, stop squeezing the bottle. It’s very quick.

#2 (permalink)      7/22/2016 1:07:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 6253
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos16568
+1 details
Great,thanks. =) mine is due to deliver within the next 24hours or so. I've been very excited waiting for this one. Looks great, right up my ally. This weekend is gonna be an enjoyable one! LoL =)
-Don't sweat the petty things. And don't pet the sweaty things.
#3 (permalink)      7/22/2016 2:05:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
keramidogatos
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 65
  • Reviews 85
  • Kudos32
+1 details
Thanks a lot for your detailed and honest review.
#4 (permalink)      7/22/2016 7:55:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hellfire136
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 256
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos86
+1 details
Most detailed review to date, many thanks Randall :) The only drawback though is the lack of spare glass, at least for now.
#5 (permalink)      7/25/2016 10:13:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Chris4891
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Randall_H the airflow holes seem to be 6mm*2mm. Can you confirm this.
Thanks for the detailed review.
#6 (permalink)      7/25/2016 1:07:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 3332
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos3257
Chris4891 wrote:

Randall_H the airflow holes seem to be 6mm*2mm. Can you confirm this.
Thanks for the detailed review.

I'd say 6mm x 1.5mm.

#7 (permalink)      8/12/2016 11:06:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vamos_91
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
What about flavor?
#8 (permalink)      8/12/2016 11:21:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 3866
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4522
nice write-up! i happen to be in the market for a bf atty, and i too thought it was pointless to have a tank with bf. but the more i see about this, the more i want it. i think i'm gonna get it. :) kinda like you said, filling a tank with a tank seems silly, but it will be nice to have a full tank, with 10mL back-up juice all in one compact unit.
#9 (permalink)      8/23/2016 1:32:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
the1only1
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Is this one by SJYM?
#10 (permalink)      8/23/2016 1:48:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 6253
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos16568
the1only1 wrote:

Is this one by SJYM?

Yup =)

-Don't sweat the petty things. And don't pet the sweaty things.
#11 (permalink)      9/22/2016 1:05:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
4C2O_
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1210
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos2084
and what is the other sjym version that is also 316 but more expenssive and with less accessories???