shopping cart empty
new firmware
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/15/2017 9:26:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
andyskywalker
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
filorp wrote:

Ok I have just replaced the board with dna 250. Really minimal effort, hardest task was to align the screen - did it in traditional way just like with hana mods using hot glue, and I had to drilled out part of the casing from the insight that holds the board in order to make the space for the second big chip on the dna250 (as r150 board has only one chip like that). Had some 10 minutes fight with the escribe as my computer couldn't detect driver and that's it. Decided to replace the chip after very last update from hotcig: it turned out that they made two versions of the chip older and newer: v2.4 is for mods made after august 2016 and v1.1 is for mods released prior to that date. I have no idea if they improved tc operation with ss wire in the newer version of the mod. To say the least very old firmware v1.0 underpowered in tc ss mode and newer v1.1 overpowered - hence I couldn't detect any tc operation with ss wire with neither of the firmwares, so very pissed off bought dna board and now I have smallest dna 250 dual battery mod...

hello mate. can u report how is it going? did u find any problems? i'm really planning to do the same, if u would guide me a bit, coz this mod is a piece of s### for me, doing auto fire, losing atomizer frequently etc. i can't rely on new updates, as you should already know.

#22 (permalink)      5/15/2017 9:49:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steppy
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1443
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos999
andyskywalker wrote:

filorp wrote:
Ok I have just replaced the board with dna 250. Really minimal effort, hardest task was to align the screen - did it in traditional way just like with hana mods using hot glue, and I had to drilled out part of the casing from the insight that holds the board in order to make the space for the second big chip on the dna250 (as r150 board has only one chip like that). Had some 10 minutes fight with the escribe as my computer couldn't detect driver and that's it. Decided to replace the chip after very last update from hotcig: it turned out that they made two versions of the chip older and newer: v2.4 is for mods made after august 2016 and v1.1 is for mods released prior to that date. I have no idea if they improved tc operation with ss wire in the newer version of the mod. To say the least very old firmware v1.0 underpowered in tc ss mode and newer v1.1 overpowered - hence I couldn't detect any tc operation with ss wire with neither of the firmwares, so very pissed off bought dna board and now I have smallest dna 250 dual battery mod...

hello mate. can u report how is it going? did u find any problems? i'm really planning to do the same, if u would guide me a bit, coz this mod is a piece of s### for me, doing auto fire, losing atomizer frequently etc. i can't rely on new updates, as you should already know.

i had many problems with that fucking fire button,took the whole thing apart sanded it didnt make a single dif

worked some of this stuff in around the button,spun it a little and what do you know no more autofire (for a few weeks)
from what i can tell its dirt/fluff and maybe juice getting stuck around the button causing it.

still using it and have to do that every couple of weeks

#23 (permalink)      5/15/2017 10:54:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
andyskywalker
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
steppy

thanks for this info mate. so you think it's hardware related? i was thinking about software tho..
i dont have exact sanitizer, but can try the same with vodka f.e
#24 (permalink)      5/15/2017 11:25:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steppy
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1443
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos999
i dont have that exact one either just used it as an example
any hand cleaner that evaporates should do the job (alcohol based i assume)

im 100% convinced that is the cause of it something getting stuck around the button or even further back as i said i took the whole thing apart to check and couldn't see anything but when putting the hand cleaner on it worked straight away and wouldn't happen again until i had the mod in my pocket for a few days.its been retired to home use only and rarely happens now

i complained to hotcig about this (before i found that temp fix) and they sent me a second one just had to pay post so i wasn't too pissed

Edited on 5/15/2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      5/15/2017 11:58:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
andyskywalker
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
now i wonder, would it work, if i dont disassemble it and just apply that cleaner from outside?
will try it tomorrow anyway, thanks again for your reply
#26 (permalink)      5/16/2017 3:09:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steppy
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1443
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos999
yea just apply from the outside
#27 (permalink)      6/27/2017 2:37:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
andyskywalker
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
i end up returning it back to manufacturer and waiting for replacement. but i'm still interested in putting some DNA in this mod. Does anyone have any guide or tutorial?