shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

WOW!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/14/2016 2:46:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5906
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos9001
WOW!
This light is waaaay out of my league, but I reckon some folks have more dinero than me. I bet it is a damn good flashlight.

I used to have a handheld spotlight, about 6" or 8" diameter, with a pistol grip, and a trigger (which could be locked, like a drill). It was the damndest light I ever saw before or since.

It had nimh or nicad (I think) batteries in a pack , not replaceable unless you soldered up your own replacement pack. It was heavy as hell. It wasn't LED, I think it was halogen or something. I received it as a Christmas gift from stepson about 20 yrs ago, for use here on the farm.

EDIT: Nope, I'm remembering better now! It had a lead acid battery, like a motorbike battery; It was probably a gell-cell. And probably why it was so heavy.

It was the brightest light I have *ever* seen; sort of like a light on an aircraft or locomotive. I could easily see a possum climbing up a tree at 300-400 yds away. It was like daylight when I pulled the trigger.

I used it for years, then the switch went bad. Like a fool, I pitched it in the trash and figured to just buy another. They were no longer available, so I bought several other similar looking lights over several years, but none of these were quite as bright, and all died within 6 months. Almost makes me cry when I think about it.

I'm retired now, so very limited income, and even if I had my old spotlight back now, I don't know if I could lift it and pull the trigger anymore :(

Edited on 6/14/2016 at 2:52 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/14/2016 4:05:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
baldar
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1611
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos2005
quarks wrote:

It wasn't LED, I think it was halogen or something.

I bet it was an HID flashlight.

I'm retired now, so very limited income

Then build yours.

Batteries tests & SAFETY >> http://tinyurl.com/qc4h45u << ... Lubricant >> http://tinyurl.com/mvroz7h <<
#3 (permalink)      6/14/2016 5:20:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sossij
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5882
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5954

SKU 4534101 $37.35

Bargain :)
"You quit cigarettes, you started vaping, and now you're Einstein"
#4 (permalink)      6/14/2016 6:17:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5906
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos9001
Thanks baldar and sossij. some good ideas. I'm getting pretty feeble these days, so don't know how well I'll do.

But whenever I go outside to check on my animals with an 18650 flashlight, it reminds me how puny it is compared to that old spotlight. Wish I still had it and wish it wasn't so damn heavy. :)
#5 (permalink)      6/14/2016 9:22:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sucram
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 178
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos63
It was probably a halogen quartz globe, hid and led would have been non exsistent 20 years ago
#6 (permalink)      6/14/2016 9:32:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10725
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos16964
quarks wrote:

Thanks baldar and sossij. some good ideas. I'm getting pretty feeble these days, so don't know how well I'll do.

But whenever I go outside to check on my animals with an 18650 flashlight, it reminds me how puny it is compared to that old spotlight. Wish I still had it and wish it wasn't so damn heavy. :)

Possum...Farm? Well you might not be such a bad sort after all Q. We're out in the middle of the desert and have nightly incursions of coyote, skunk, the occasional bobcat and "others". we've got LGDs and a heeler on lookout day and night but at night when alerted I rely on SKU 1212403. Damn fine thrower out to about 100 yds and reasonable price.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#7 (permalink)      6/14/2016 10:24:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5906
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos9001
vape8ion wrote:

Possum...Farm? Well you might not be such a bad sort after all Q. We're out in the middle of the desert and have nightly incursions of coyote, skunk, the occasional bobcat and "others". we've got LGDs and a heeler on lookout day and night but at night when alerted I rely on SKU 1212403. Damn fine thrower out to about 100 yds and reasonable price.

I like the desert, spent several years in west texas, some in arizona too. The east has been getting on my nerves for years now, but my wife likes eastern living.

EDIT: Oh yea, Now we got lots of coyotes in the east now ... and fire ants, and armafuckingdillos. All the shit like in the west, but all the bullshit of the east... worst of both worlds. Damn I would love to go back west.

Edited on 6/14/2016 at 10:33 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      6/15/2016 7:15:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patmurris
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 589
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos303
You can now get similar power with a single XHP70 led at less then half this price. See Thorfire S70 or Convoy L6. They probably don't throw as far though. None is sold here unfortunately...

Edited on 6/15/2016 at 7:21 AM. Reason:
My location: Nice, France.
#9 (permalink)      8/23/2016 9:55:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wet_Willie
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 118
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos11
They now have the Convoy L6 here. I may just get one myself.