shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Button sticking problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/29/2017 1:29:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gaslan
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Button sticking problem
Hi friends, my little dude Pico has been behaving like its minus/down button is stuck for a week. I was suspicious about it is contaminated by e-liquid or something else and I opened its bottom plate with its cable intact. But there is nothing wrong with its buttons, it was all clean. Then I tried to renew its firmware 1.03 and viola, it was back to life again. However, it took 2 days and I am at the same spot. Now, firmware renewal trick is not working and when I push plus or fire button it counts down and does nothing else (since it is stuck at TC mode :/). Anybody knows this issue? Thanks in advance.
#2 (permalink)      8/31/2017 8:35:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mitchmangr
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 503
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos992
I have seen this issue before. The customer who had the problem also reported a very short battery life. He ended up buying a new one !
"The Electronic Thumb was a short squat black rod, smooth and matte with a couple of flat switches and dials at one end."
#3 (permalink)      8/31/2017 9:00:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3640
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4046
+1 details
I've seen it before too on Picos. Fire button and/or + - sticks on. Easy fix on both, both Picos had the same issues, different owners.

The fire/ + - buttons have coagulated juice on/in them. Take it apart, use contact cleaner on the switchs, irrigate thoroughly, reassemble, and voila! no more sticking.

Clean the battery contacts while you are at it, amazing what clean contacts can do for battery life.

Finish by rewarding yourself and install Arctic Fox firmware. The Pico really benefits from it.

Edited on 8/31/2017 at 9:15 AM. Reason:
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere
#4 (permalink)      8/31/2017 3:40:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DomoHR
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 30
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos7
Can you post a link to the Arctic Fox firmware, please?
#5 (permalink)      8/31/2017 3:42:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4454
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4247
+2 details
https://nfeteam.org/
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#6 (permalink)      9/1/2017 12:21:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DomoHR
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 30
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos7
+1 details
Thank you, my good man. Flashed it. Quite good firmware. Makes this mkd even better.