shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

what is not stainless?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/18/2017 2:24:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
gmm11 wrote:

SKU 4849000 Color Stainless Steel Color
Material Stainless Steel (minor parts may made by non-SS)

Yep, thats the one, as pictured above by me, nearly one year later...bought right from here - You ordered this product on 7/10/2016.

None of my SS mechs have ever corroded, especially not like that, from simple hand pressure and contact

" Nothing is something worth doing " ........................... "I changed my password everywhere to 'incorrect.' That way when I forget it, it always reminds me, 'Your password is incorrect."
#32 (permalink)      8/18/2017 2:53:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rapture
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 579
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos150
gmm11 wrote:

Material Stainless Steel (minor parts may made by non-SS)

Not sure the point of posting this reply. Obviously ive seen that. And obviously by the images above it is not stainless steel.

#33 (permalink)      8/18/2017 2:54:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rapture
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 579
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos150
PanAeon is the 510 stainless at least? Or is that plated copper also?
#34 (permalink)      8/18/2017 3:25:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
Rapture wrote:

PanAeon is the 510 stainless at least? Or is that plated copper also?

I dare say its SS ...absolutely no signs of wear and tear, very solid

This is a great mod, and very cheap, highly recommended, and a great choice of colours and finishes, especially with the resin versions ... even knowing its not SS, i'm still gonna buy pico 25 for my 24-25 mm atties

" Nothing is something worth doing " ........................... "I changed my password everywhere to 'incorrect.' That way when I forget it, it always reminds me, 'Your password is incorrect."
#35 (permalink)      8/18/2017 3:37:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 178
  • Kudos5833
Rapture wrote:

gmm11 wrote:
Material Stainless Steel (minor parts may made by non-SS) Not sure the point of posting this reply. Obviously ive seen that. And obviously by the images above it is not stainless steel.

well it does say , s steel etc, and this is the one i got, and magnets wont adhere to the main body of it, the edges, yes,, but not the body

Edited on 8/18/2017 at 3:43 PM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      8/18/2017 3:38:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
So now I guess the real question is either when did eLeaf change the material used for the body, and/or how many production runs they did it to cut corners?...
Woah, mama!
#37 (permalink)      8/18/2017 3:53:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
johnny_469 wrote:

So now I guess the real question is either when did eLeaf change the material used for the body, and/or how many production runs they did it to cut corners?...

I doubt it was ever an SS body ...if anyone has had one for more then 6 or so months, and it's still visually intact as SS should be, please feel free to chime in...and i mean used daily like mine, it barely leaves my hand.

#38 (permalink)      8/18/2017 4:04:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
PanAeon wrote:

I doubt it was ever an SS body

How many do you own, and at what times did you buy each of them then?

Unless you bought several, over a longer span of time, and/or shopped around for them at local B&Ms over said longer stretch of time, and/or spent the last year actively participating in borderline excessive amounts of discussions regarding them online, you don't have enough info to make such a declaration...

Edited on 8/18/2017 at 4:06 PM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#39 (permalink)      8/18/2017 4:15:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
johnny_469 wrote:

PanAeon wrote: I doubt it was ever an SS bodyHow many do you own, and at what times did you buy each of them then?Unless you bought several, over a longer span of time, and/or shopped around for them at local B&Ms over said longer stretch of time, and/or spent the last year actively participating in borderline excessive amounts of discussions regarding them online, you don't have enough info to make such a declaration...

Which is why i also asked for proof from ANYBODY that actually has an SS version ... as you seem so sure there were SS body versions, would you care to post pics of yours after months of use ?

I only own the one pictured, and said i DOUBT there were SS versions...zinc alloy is the norm, and when new looks like perfect SS, it just doesn't handle wear and tear like SS

But please,anyone that has a proven SS version, chip in, i'd be most interested :-D

#40 (permalink)      8/18/2017 4:28:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2895
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2243
I've never seen SS extruded that way. Too thin.

In my mind there no chance of it being SS.
#41 (permalink)      8/18/2017 4:55:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
PanAeon wrote:

Which is why i also asked for proof from ANYBODY that actually has an SS version ... as you seem so sure there were SS body versions, would you care to post pics of yours after months of use ?

I only own the one pictured, and said i DOUBT there were SS versions...zinc alloy is the norm, and when new looks like perfect SS, it just doesn't handle wear and tear like SS

But please,anyone that has a proven SS version, chip in, i'd be most interested :-D

I don't own the SS version, I have 2 black aluminum versions. That doesn't change that I have held them in hand, in person, at local shops, as well as been actively discussing them, rather excessively even, since the day they were announced to be released... Do at least take note that I have about 21,000 more posts here than you. Stands to reason I've been reading about/discussing them a LOT.

sushi6 wrote:

I've never seen SS extruded that way. Too thin.

In my mind there no chance of it being SS.

It's easy for them do make SS formed like this. They take a sheet of thin SS, cut out the holes for the screen/buttons/usb etc. and the shape of the mod, then bend/fold it, weld it together, and finish the surfaces to hide the seam.

Edited on 8/18/2017 at 5:07 PM. Reason:
Woah, mama!