shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

what is not stainless?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/17/2017 1:42:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9232
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos5923
Randallwhiz wrote:

feel free to post multiple pictures of your $200+ devices that do exactly the same thing as this.
Poor people with cheap mods vape, too.

716 ¢ !!!! One of the best high end mods i own :)

In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#12 (permalink)      8/17/2017 3:05:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos363
+1 details
2 points for Skeeeets !

'Brass. I can see it from the inside of the battery cap (they did a shit/thin plate job)' 100% true

The body i think is brushed zinc and clear coated. - You are right ! All the same or similar...
All Eleaf, SMY etc. are using this garbage technology. I do not believe in Iron threaded 510 and use Heatsink in my all mods. (I tell you as mechanic) The only weak point can be the fire micro switch.
(but you can repair it too)
#13 (permalink)      8/17/2017 3:17:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4809
  • Reviews 178
  • Kudos5831
well, i just put mine under the 5 times magnifier, and theres no clear lacquer on mine, at the edges its looks like thin stainless, the button has gone a nice dark colour though, looks good
#14 (permalink)      8/17/2017 3:45:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15348
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50821
+2 details
Randallwhiz wrote:

Poor people with cheap mods vape, too.

Your poverty makes me sick.

“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#15 (permalink)      8/17/2017 3:48:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
Have it over a year now, still going strong ..looks like hell though, as i use it daily...the top and bottom bases are a chromed brass, hold up fairly well, only some of the top base coat has worn through exposing the brass on mine...similar all the buttons, well worn on mine, coated brass... the main body is a coated zinc alloy, looks like hell on mine, one year on, pitted, scarred and tarnished, just from constant hand contact, no dropping or rubbing with keys and such...

Would i buy the same again ? ... yeah, its tough and reliable, and as for the cosmetics, if you have it long enough that it gets as tarnished as mine, just throw a sticker bomb on it ;-)
" Nothing is something worth doing " ........................... "I changed my password everywhere to 'incorrect.' That way when I forget it, it always reminds me, 'Your password is incorrect."
#16 (permalink)      8/17/2017 4:12:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
So here's the breakdown:

The body/sleeve of the mod is SS.

The top and bottom plates are plated zinc alloy, including the 510.

The 510 pin is plated brass.

Some of the battery caps have been plated zinc alloy, and others have been plated brass. (Doesn't really make much difference anyway).

The positive battery terminal is plated brass.
Woah, mama!
#17 (permalink)      8/18/2017 6:20:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
johnny_469 wrote:

So here's the breakdown:
The body/sleeve of the mod is SS.
The top and bottom plates are plated zinc alloy, including the 510. The 510 pin is plated brass.
Some of the battery caps have been plated zinc alloy, and others have been plated brass. (Doesn't really make much difference anyway). The positive battery terminal is plated brass.

the body /sleeve is actually zinc alloy ... i dont think theres any SS in sight on this... i should take a pic to show the wear and tear

" Nothing is something worth doing " ........................... "I changed my password everywhere to 'incorrect.' That way when I forget it, it always reminds me, 'Your password is incorrect."
#18 (permalink)      8/18/2017 6:51:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27277
PanAeon wrote:

the body /sleeve is actually zinc alloy ... i dont think theres any SS in sight on this... i should take a pic to show the wear and tear

When did you order it? If that's the case then they either stopped using SS for it at some point or made a few batches without it to cut corners...

Edited on 8/18/2017 at 6:51 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#19 (permalink)      8/18/2017 7:10:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9232
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos5923
johnny_469 wrote:

When did you order it? If that's the case then they either stopped using SS for it at some point or made a few batches without it to cut corners...

Mines a zinc body.

"You ordered this product on 4/16/2017."

In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#20 (permalink)      8/18/2017 7:28:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
johnny_469 wrote:

PanAeon wrote: the body /sleeve is actually zinc alloy ... i dont think theres any SS in sight on this... i should take a pic to show the wear and tearWhen did you order it? If that's the case then they either stopped using SS for it at some point or made a few batches without it to cut corners...

You ordered this product on 7/10/2016.

these were never made with an SS body

#21 (permalink)      8/18/2017 7:55:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PanAeon
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 972
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos964
+3 details

^^ chrome plated brass, and zinc alloy for days

Still works like a champ, i'm just gonna sticker bomb it eventually... when it was new, it was the prettiest, sleekest little mod ever :D