Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
5-pack

Cleaning the Coil Heads
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/18/2019 5:00:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Thunder_Cloud
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos3
Cleaning the Coil Heads
After watching various YouTube vids on cleaning coils and trying out some of the methods suggested, I have found that the VOCC-T coils I use clean best with a cleaning powder I use for my Espresso machine. The reason I started cleaning with this cleaning agent was that I was cleaning the coffee bean oils from my machine. I started thinking about the juice oils in the Coil Heads and how best to clean them... the coil heads come up as good as new with the Espresso Cleaning powder.. the method I use is to soak the Coil Heads in a solution(cool water and the powder) for an hour, shake the container a few times, and then soak for a couple of hours(* 3 times) in clean cool water...also shake the container a few times with each soak.. just to rid any traces of the Espresso Cleaning powder... the wick comes up like new and the coil fires great as well like new. I just use less than 1/4 teaspoon of the powder for the wash. NB. keep your nose out of the way of the fumes from the solution... NBB. using hot water will produce more dangerous fumes...use with caution and common sense...powder is CAUSTIC.

Edited on 2/18/2019 at 5:01 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      2/18/2019 5:26:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
Are You sure it's a good idea? Never heard such a stupid and complicated 'idea' than this. Rebuild it with new coil - it takes about 3 minutes. (if it's not 30 for You...) That's it... Use your brain...

Edited on 2/18/2019 at 5:35 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      7/4/2020 1:21:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
niperlugi
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
They can also be cleaned with vodka, as for me it is best