Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Getting Muted flavor ,Why?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/10/2017 8:19:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+3 details
In my case if an atomizer can't perform up to my expectations with a simple SS or kanthal strand, 2 - 2.5mm then it gets binned. If it requires fancy coils, out it goes :)
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#12 (permalink)      6/10/2017 9:03:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7959
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos12031
+1 details
^Same. From day one I was on a quest to find an easy, quick, inexpensive way to do this as I knew it likely wouldn't work for me otherwise.

Simple single wire builds, simple cotton, and DIY juice fits the bill for me. I don't need anything better. I can live with it as it simply works.

I knew I had it licked when I got my first Kayfun 3.1...everything I needed :)

Sure I have / had other devices that raise the bar somewhat, but in the end I am using the Kayfun v5 ( mini ) most. It has all the flavor, vapor, simplicity, relatively cheap to operate, and most important...reliability.

The only other I use regularly are the Supremes's. Everything else I have is packed up or moved on :)

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 9:06 AM. Reason: gramma :)
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#13 (permalink)      6/10/2017 9:12:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
Right now the one thing that gives me the best flavor, and your gonna laugh is taking eleaf premade coil heads,Gutting them out and putting 26 gauge kanthal wire horizontally and wrapped to .50 ohms,this is for my Melo 2 tank.

Every juice I put in this is great,all the flavors are bright and tasty and the throat hit is excellent and it is 100% consistent so I am putting that same build on this serpent and those bright flavors are now gone and the sweetness is gone as well (stale beer)Oh and the throat hit is gone.

Only thing that is keeping me from using this is I'm going through the rubber gromets with the thick wire.

Keep in mind the wick on the Eleaf coils is very short and pointed and placed in a small hole,and It is a free floating coil So it is getting juice differently,I do understand the science here,I believe the juice is not getting to the coil the same on the mini and it is failing,Dripping directly on the coil will tell me that.

Lazyfitter you mentioned wicking half way down the channel,I did try this but I was getting burnt hits last time,But I will revisit this method.Keep in mind I am avoiding the more advanced wire build until I get the flavor I want from a simple build as I have in my Melo 2 Setup.

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      6/10/2017 9:23:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve.k
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

In my case if an atomizer can't perform up to my expectations with a simple SS or kanthal strand, 2 - 2.5mm then it gets binned. If it requires fancy coils, out it goes :)

My words exactly.

#15 (permalink)      6/10/2017 9:26:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7881
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos12003
+3 details
lazyfitter wrote:

I took advice from Lutherblisset

RE-LOL

GEEK IS BACK !!!, so maybe i'll be back too, sometimes.
#16 (permalink)      6/10/2017 9:29:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2921
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2260
RDA over RTA.

I did get RDA like flavour with tencel and no wick in the channels. It did leak when refilling though.
#17 (permalink)      6/10/2017 9:57:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
Fancy coils are not needed.

The only things required to get "the" best flavor are :

- The "proper" coil's surface area for the wattage(given the juice flow and other things that cool the coils, aka: the "perfect" heat flux given the cooling)
- The proper wattage for the air flow volume.

Both are required at same time to get what you are looking for.
This is something not all attys will do given the same coil build is very likely to be used at different air flows using the same wattage.
The AFC is not the only thing limiting the air flow.
Do not think you have the same air flow just because the intake holes are, or look to be, the same size on different attys.
The more restrictive section might actually be in the chamber, chimney or the drip tip.

Edited on 6/10/2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      6/10/2017 11:10:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
+2 details
cilika wrote:

That's a bit complicated JP. At least it sounds...(especially when you have only a little time to read and you go fast) ;-)

Steve.k, iggys, what are your builds?

My standard build that I throw in just about everything I get now is a dual coil 316L 7 wrap .25ohm so I can swap from mech to TC without rebuilding. If a atty won't take that build then I don't need it.

In the end, I chalk this fail up as being from listening to single coil mtl hitters. I'm not that. I am a dual coil DL hitter at the very minimum.

My final solution for the serpents was to give them away. One person I gave one to likes it and has no problem with it as they MTL.

Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#19 (permalink)      6/10/2017 11:21:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
^ ^ My thoughts as well Iggy.

Strictly a dual coil kinda gal.
0.25 for SS or 07-0.9 for Kanthal + each at 25-30 watts.

So I too tried this being told that it was the one single coil that I would love, but no.

ONLY single I do love is still the Nautilus 1.18 MTL aspire coils for flavour but just can't vape MTL often.

Despite being a dual coil, I didnt care at all for the original Youde Goblin, although loved by many.
Always thought of this as an updated single coil Goblin, for some reason...
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#20 (permalink)      6/10/2017 11:22:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
+1 details
FapiFapo wrote:

iggys wrote:
The raving reviews of the serpent mini convinced me it was amazing so, I bought 3 of them.

LOL

FapiFapo wrote:

lazyfitter wrote:
I took advice from Lutherblisset

RE-LOL

I like you better when all you do is lol. Keep up the good work.

Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#21 (permalink)      6/10/2017 11:44:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7959
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos12031
+1 details
I failed to mention I'm a DL hitter too. That was the only downfall of the K 3.1. Though it fit 90% to what I was after, it came short to satisfy my craving. Thats when I discovered the Orchid, and DL hits. The quest was still on though as it didn't quite fit the other criteria the Kay 3.1 had. The K v5 ( slightly restricted DL ) is 98.5% now :)

I also build .25 dual coils in the Supreme's. That build works well for me too. I use 7 wraps SS in everything now, but obviously .5 in single coil.
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment