Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good first RTA?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/31/2016 7:52:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Iko_Iko
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Good first RTA?
The reviews seem very positive.

How tight can the air be made?

Do you have any other suggestions for small RTA or with easy to rebuild coil heads?

Thanks
#2 (permalink)      10/31/2016 8:01:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3962
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2482
+1 details
You can close the air hole, and it is an excellent RTA. You do need to rap your coils counter clockwise, and I am not sure how well it would work mouth to lung. If you purchase it, replace the SS drip tip with some thing like POM, Delrin or Teflon.

It is short, but it does only hold 2 mls of liquid not including the cotton in the coil.
#3 (permalink)      10/31/2016 8:04:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 4000
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos8823
Kangertech subtank mini v1 or v2 would be a good starter tank, it has an rta deck and a good bit of premade coil heads can be easily located for it.

I have no experience with the serpent or serpent mini.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#4 (permalink)      10/31/2016 8:19:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Iko_Iko
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
gotthedrips wrote:

Kangertech subtank mini v1 or v2 would be a good starter tank, it has an rta deck and a good bit of premade coil heads can be easily located for it.

I have no experience with the serpent or serpent mini.

I have STM v2.
It is not small, even with the non-authentic topfill section,, which can suddenly leak all the juice.
The RBA coil head is so small to build on. (mounting & putting it back together)

I like RDA, but would like a good, small tank.
Goblin mini, all versions: seem a lot of trouble.

#5 (permalink)      10/31/2016 8:38:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
+1 details
I'd recommend the Serpent Mini most highly. Easy build (single coil, but that's just fine...and a bit easier), good flavor and vapor production. Did put an extension on my drip tip as a short one does get hot. You can tighten the air down to , well, nothing or open it wide for impressive clouds. Also, the deck can hold a pretty big coil. It looks pretty damn good too!

Another fine atty from Wotofo is the Conqueror (SKU 4454500). The performance is excellent. The postless deck will easily take large coils and it's got twice the capacity (4ml). I've seen them as low as $12 bucks but I'd pay a few more to know FT's standing behind it. The appearance is definitely a matter of personal/acquired taste.

PS: @Iko_Iko Welcome to the forum, don't be a stranger and a hearty "Jockomo feena nay" to ya (hope that doesn't mean anything bad)!

Edited on 10/31/2016 at 8:42 AM. Reason:
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#6 (permalink)      10/31/2016 9:03:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Iko_Iko
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Morris68 wrote:

I'd recommend the Serpent Mini most highly. Easy build (single coil, but that's just fine...and a bit easier), good flavor and vapor production. Did put an extension on my drip tip as a short one does get hot. You can tighten the air down to , well, nothing or open it wide for impressive clouds. Also, the deck can hold a pretty big coil. It looks pretty damn good too!

Another fine atty from Wotofo is the Conqueror (SKU 4454500). The performance is excellent. The postless deck will easily take large coils and it's got twice the capacity (4ml). I've seen them as low as $12 bucks but I'd pay a few more to know FT's standing behind it. The appearance is definitely a matter of personal/acquired taste.

TYVM :)

I vape <10 Amps, and never had a problem with short driptips.
I don't like metal driptips.

I wondered if these would be easy to cut shorter, as I like fine driptips.
silicone driptips

#7 (permalink)      10/31/2016 9:11:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicMeldrew
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 712
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos509
+2 details
I have the Serpant mini and various Sub/toptanks as well as the Conqueror and for ease of use the Serpant is the best.There is a learning curve for optimal wicking but when you get it down its very very good,by far the best for flavour so make sure you like the juice your using.
For a long time the Subtank was my only rebuildable and i took it as far as i reckon i would go in terms of reliable wicking and good airflow,Serpant beats it on all fronts right out of the box.
Take a punt on it and if you dont like it for some reason you will be able to sell it on easily for what you payed here so its pretty much no lose.
Vote in haste.Repent at leisure.
#8 (permalink)      10/31/2016 9:17:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5456
+1 details
You could also look at the Merlin mini. The single coil deck offers a nice range of "insert plugs" 1.5mm & 2.0mm for precision MTL airflow hitting the coil. As well as an adjustable outer AF ring. Or, you can open up that single coil deck to 4.5mm for a DL hitter.

Unfortunately, the Merlin mini is a little pricey, due to it's recent release. Probably better to "wish list" it for now. In the not too distant future it'll be under $20 like it's bigger brother.

Another versatile little RTA would me the Goblin mini v3. Just like the Merlin mini, it includes single and dual coil decks. However, the Merlin mini has better airflow options for a MTL style vape.

You can't go wrong with the Serpent mini if you like a bigger coil and more air for a DL or slightly restricted DL hit though...

Edited on 10/31/2016 at 9:21 AM. Reason:
Living is the only thing worth dying for...