Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Mouth to Lung
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/26/2016 5:09:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lightoak
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
Mouth to Lung
Is it good for MTL? I'm searching for a MTL RTA and yet to find any. They say kayfuns are no good anymore and MTL options are very limited these days.

I will use it with ~1 ohm single coil, %80vg liquid. Thanks in advance for your answers.
#2 (permalink)      7/26/2016 5:14:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Inkitatus
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 6808
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos6853
+2 details
No mate,but the Merlin comes with an airflow restrictor & is an excellent MTL tank, easier to build on & vapes beautifully.
https://www.instagram.com/inkitatus/
#3 (permalink)      7/26/2016 5:18:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BobbleOWL
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 226
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos89
+1 details
I used the airflow reducer from the tfv4 rca kit thing and it fits into the hole fine and works very well as a MTL
Billy scranner
#4 (permalink)      7/26/2016 5:31:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
lightoak wrote:

Is it good for MTL? I'm searching for a MTL RTA and yet to find any. They say kayfuns are no good anymore and MTL options are very limited these days.I will use it with ~1 ohm single coil, %80vg liquid. Thanks in advance for your answers.

It's a really good tank, but I have a hard time recommending it for mouth to lung unless you like a quite open draw. It's somewhat comparable to the latest Kayfun. Maybe a bit more open still. It also has a tendency to whistle if you turn the airflow down past a certain amount. Meh, great tank for open MTL or restricted lung vaping, less then ideal for restricted MTL.

"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#5 (permalink)      7/26/2016 5:47:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8866
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20396
Also, Kayfun mini V3 sounds right up your alley.
"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#6 (permalink)      7/26/2016 5:55:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Inkitatus
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 6808
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos6853
The older Kayfun lite would suit,as would any of the Rose rta's- superb flavour but a bit tricky to build on.
Look at older tanks,like those I've mentioned above- they may be older,but they're still good & have the added bonus of being cheaper coz they've gone past the hype stage due to their age..plenty out there for you that are very good 👍
https://www.instagram.com/inkitatus/
#7 (permalink)      7/26/2016 7:09:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lightoak
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
BobbleOWL wrote:

I used the airflow reducer from the tfv4 rca kit thing and it fits into the hole fine and works very well as a MTL

i'll look it up thanks, it's a little bit expensive for me tho :/

also in every kayfun page, there are people saying the last batches are faulty and got leaking problem. so i'm a little bit confused.

I'm very picky because sadly I got one chance to buy something because of my country's customs.

#8 (permalink)      7/26/2016 7:30:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BobbleOWL
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 226
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos89
lightoak wrote:

BobbleOWL wrote:
i'll look it up thanks, it's a little bit expensive for me tho :/

also in every kayfun page, there are people saying the last batches are faulty and got leaking problem. so i'm a little bit confused.

I'm very picky because sadly I got one chance to buy something because of my country's customs.

You can buy the rca kit alone here for about $4 and that comes with the reducer

Billy scranner
#9 (permalink)      7/26/2016 4:19:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lightoak
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos7
oh sorry, i was referring the person above :) i missed your post, looking it up right now, many thanks
#10 (permalink)      7/26/2016 4:23:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2139
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1961
BobbleOWL wrote:

I ordered one of those a few days ago based on another thread. Looking forward to trying it out whenever it ships