[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Oh c'mon guys
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/21/2016 7:22:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bazker
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 100
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
Oh c'mon guys
Bottom refill? No thx not today. I'd rather go billow or smthng
#2 (permalink)      3/21/2016 7:25:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11058
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6921
+1 details
Still waiting for the damn "chimney/chamber" to be sold stand alone. V1 or v2. Only difference is an added lip/ledge on the bottom outside of it.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#3 (permalink)      3/21/2016 7:39:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
it's an older tank that came out spring of last year. to fills didn't hit for a couple months after. i really really like my silverplay nano
#4 (permalink)      3/21/2016 7:45:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChemBoy
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 1224
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1328
At that price im okay with it.
Just not sure about the matt looking paint on the treads of the black one.
Won't that flake off after being tightened a few times
He's just this guy you know.
#5 (permalink)      3/21/2016 10:54:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
antonzlatsen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos31
+2 details
i had a silver play v1. it was AMAZING. compatible with kayfun parts and orchid parts AMAZING!

right now the bests are vcmt, griffin etc. it's clone a device that is already behind in terms of functionality, deck size, and when you tighten around a center post that has a round insulator it will eventually spin...

get a griffin clone for the price
#6 (permalink)      3/21/2016 11:14:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10454
+3 details
Take a Silverplay base, epoxy the fill hole shut, throw a KF4 evap chamber and bell cap on it. Refill through the KF4 chamber. Problem solved. No tools to refill, and no more leaky fill screw.
Joke's on you, this isn't actually a raffle.
#7 (permalink)      3/21/2016 11:18:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaffoFL
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 8869
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10807
+2 details
I'm sitting here right now with the V1 base with Orchid chimney and KF tank, all sitting on a SMPL... pain to fill or whatever (like the old days), .4 ohm duals, wicked for no leaks, max VG, and max airflow. I even took the AFC ring off, and the air flow on this little base is fantastic and so smooth, even if it's a little tighter than my other newer RTAs. It still almost clouds like the bigger ones, and far out performs my beloved Orchids. Maybe it's that perfect in between?

My ADV rotation includes a bellus, zephyrus, and a goblin mini - all running smooth, and I STILL pick up the SP several times a day.

I haven't hit that point where I'll reject a well running bottom fill tank in my group yet. Top fill rules when it works well, and I still need a Griffin, me thinks. But I love the SP base. If the V2 is an improvement in any way, I'm likely to get one for the hell of it. Watching the listing for now. :)
"Knowing your own darkness is the [my clone is an angry little girl with a period] best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." ~ Jung
#8 (permalink)      3/21/2016 11:27:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11058
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6921
+1 details
I gave my sp1 base away to a buddie with a domed orchid chamber and kf4 top/fill cap. Tbh, after modding my orchid base, I notice the only difference between the two (using same build/wattage) the sp is more "cloudy". I'm assuming it's due to the "offset" airflow in the new posts. Still prefer the orchid base, but love both as far as part compatibility goes.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#9 (permalink)      3/21/2016 11:38:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaffoFL
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 8869
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10807
Agreed. I'll always love the orchids - usually have at least one tuned up and running here and there. Even after I modded (beasted) a couple of my orchid bases, I still found that I did like the slightly more open air with the SP (all four air holes open, post air holes clear of any wick) had me hitting my RDAs a lot less, and turning to a tank more. And yeah, that compatibility factor is awesome.

That's what will bring us to preference - I'm not a MTL guy, and quit smoking with big lung hits on RDAs. So it's a tad more natural for me to wanna fill my lungs without much restriction. Now that we have the tanks that can deliver like RDAs, I rarely drip anymore. Likewise, my orchids sit dry a bit more often now if the SP is in play. And then 60-80% of the time I'm on the Zeph or Gob Mini.

Just so hard to knock that SP V1 base even now.
"Knowing your own darkness is the [my clone is an angry little girl with a period] best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." ~ Jung
#10 (permalink)      3/21/2016 11:44:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10972
+1 details
I bought an authentic Silverplay and an authentic Silverplay V2.

The V1 is a great tank.

The V2 leaks like crazy and has a bunch of extra threads that make no sense, as it's sold. The air ring will fall off on it's own and the domed cap that came with it has threads that bind with the chimney. Was never worth the 70 bucks or so that they introduced it for. Not fond...

*by leaks, I mean the tank is so sloppy that it seeps around the seams.

Edited on 3/21/2016 at 11:45 PM. Reason:
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#11 (permalink)      3/21/2016 11:48:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaffoFL
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 8869
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10807
Well none of that sounds good at all. LOL.