Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
7-pack

Best bottles on FT
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/26/2016 12:47:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
+3 details
Best bottles on FT
I bought some of these a while back on a popular auction site. I use them for my DIY eliquid. To compare to a couple other unicorn bottle options:

SKU 2121500 has a wide mouth which makes it convenient for pouring directly into the bottle, but the tip is very narrow and not suitable for high-vg eliquid.
SKU 2205500 type has a good tip for high-VG eliquid, but the mouth is too narrow to mix in. Without using a syringe for everything you put in, it's a mess.

This bottle is ideal on both fronts. Mouth isn't as wide as 2121500, but it's plenty wide and hasn't been an issue. (Note: the volume of this bottle is slightly lower than that of 2121500, which is a tad over 30mL.)

I put in a product request to get the 7-pack in the color of your choice. I'll probably mostly keep using the other site either way cos it's cheaper to buy in bulk, and I go through a lot of bottles. But 3.33 isn't bad for a 7-pack.

Edited on 10/26/2016 at 1:05 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      10/26/2016 2:39:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5428
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7133
+2 details
Gotta disagree. The dropper top from those that fit inside the neck of the bottle can pop out when squeezing the bottle.

IMO, the best bottles are these: SKU 4543012 (20ml) or SKU 4543005 (30ml) - both also available with other colors of caps.

On these the dropper top clips on to the outside of the neck and does not come free under pressure. You pry it up to remove it for filling/cleaning. They have a wide mouth that makes filling a breeze and can be thoroughly cleaned with a bottle brush.

Edited on 10/26/2016 at 2:43 AM. Reason: Fixed a SKU number
#3 (permalink)      10/26/2016 2:47:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1107
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos937
+1 details
I have never had the nozzle pop out on one of these, even after opening/closing them multiple times for refilling, you have to make sure the nozzle is correctly seated, but theyre totally secure after that.
#4 (permalink)      10/26/2016 3:21:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
+1 details
Yeah, I've been using these for quite a while and never had a nozzle pop out. There's a ridge that keeps it in, you just have to be sure to snap it in completely. If you stop pressing as soon as you feel some resistance, you're probably not inserting it fully, in which case I can see it popping out.

As for the other bottle, the narrow nozzle is just awful for VG. Otherwise it's a great bottle, but for me that's a dealbreaker. If you're not vaping any higher than 60% VG, then you probably wouldn't notice. The slightly wider mouth on the bottle is nice but not necessary. This bottle is perfectly fine for both mixing and cleaning.
#5 (permalink)      10/26/2016 4:53:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5428
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7133
+1 details
Yeah, you're both right. I used to use a bottle just like this one but with a less attractive cap on it. The needle didn't pop out of those but I didn't like their wider tip. Fine point tips are more compatible with small fill holes. I had to use the 30ml short bottles with the fine tips for several of my RTAs that had tiny fill holes.

Next I went with the wide-mouth ones that you point out. They appeared to be great - wide mouth and fine tip. But THEY are the ones where the tip would pop out of the wide mouth when using high VG juice (what I use) and squeezing the bottle.

So then FT started carrying the ones that I mentioned as my favorite bottle. They really are the best of both worlds. They have a fine tip that can fit in small fill holes and high VG juice goes through them just fine if you give the bottle a good squeeze. That good squeeze doesn't make the needle head pop off either. I've been very happy with them and throw another 5-pack of one size or the other into orders from time to time.
#6 (permalink)      10/26/2016 5:40:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
brianFL
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 102
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos67
until they offer hdpe bottles they're all trash to me
#7 (permalink)      10/26/2016 7:36:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4888
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4818
just received SKU 4543200 - shame they arrived without the dropper top - just the outer cap
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#8 (permalink)      10/26/2016 7:37:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
snatchula
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 144
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos53
brianFL wrote:

until they offer hdpe bottles they're all trash to me

More power to ya, brother.

But back to the topic, Randall_H, I suppose the nozzle could be an issue with some fill holes. Been good for my Kayfuns, though. It doesn't stick inside the hole, but it seals just fine and never gets messy.