[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Some 'Splainin', Please
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/2/2016 6:49:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
Some 'Splainin', Please
Can someone more fully explain what you can do with this? I assume it's powered through your cars lighter socket, links to your smart phone and transmits to your car's stereo FM. In the past I haven't been to impressed with the transmission quality of such devices but that was years ago. Has technology improved that significantly?

I'd imagine you could take calls and transmit music from your smart phone once linked? What's the purpose of the flash drive? Transmitting stored MP3s? I could hardwire my phone to my auto stereo's AUX socket but I'd rather avoid the wire if the quality will be equivalent?
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#2 (permalink)      3/2/2016 7:01:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15349
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50868
+1 details
I bought something similar for when I have a rental car to use my phone to play mp3, hear the directions from navigation and take calls. The quality is quite good, but a cable connection is better. You also have to set up bluetooth, switch the thing on etc.
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#3 (permalink)      3/2/2016 7:01:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
leftjeffa
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6322
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos9256
+1 details
I imagine the USB is for output, so the power isn't being hogged, eg. you can connect your phone (edit: for usb charging, I mean). It says micro SD expansion, so that's where you'd add stored mp3s' from.

Edited on 3/2/2016 at 7:19 AM. Reason: fix
Resistance is not futile, it's V/I
#4 (permalink)      4/1/2016 3:06:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
confuseh
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 60
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos19
+2 details
mine arrived in post today
easy to set up
and once realised had volume way too low on phone the sound quality was very suprised at via blue tooth playing from songs saved on mem card on phone haven got a spare mem card atm to try mp3s etc direct from card yet
and haven tried hands free call