shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Juice and air controls tight enough?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/25/2016 12:15:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Ok thanks guys!
#12 (permalink)      10/25/2016 1:49:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
I would tackle anything though. Those are two totally different systems.The batchelor probably leaks because the air hole under the coil is all the way on the floor of the deck.
#13 (permalink)      10/25/2016 9:50:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
It's the seals and how they use the o-rings. One o-ring goes over open space with nothing behind it. Another just sits on top of the wick ring, plus it is clear and notorious for falling out without the user noticing as it is hard to see. Also you don't necessarily get a top that looks like:

Mine had a large single piece silicone seal that covered the entire top under the lid and was damn near impossible to get to sit flat again if removed. It would also pop itself out under it's own pressure since it seems like it was a little too large for the opening. I trimmed it down and made it workable but it was never perfect.

bubba73 wrote:

The batchelor probably leaks because the air hole under the coil is all the way on the floor of the deck.

It has a lip so it isn't perfectly flush with the floor. Mine managed to get fluid down there sometimes, but mostly it seemed like it seeped from the tank itself and went under the AFC ring to hide until it was touched and then the liquid would be all over my fingers and everything else. lol

The chamber wasn't designed that well which seems to be the big issue. Ehpro even changed the chamber design in the Bachelor II to something more standard and that makes more sense, but they ruined it by making it dual coil only. I guess you could build it single coil if you wanted, but I really loved the deck design of the original.

#14 (permalink)      10/25/2016 11:05:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Ya I'm definitely leaning towards the merlin. Every other review of the batchelor says leaks leaks leaks..
#15 (permalink)      10/25/2016 12:35:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
It's a shame as it had really good flavor and an easy deck to build on once you knew what length to trim the coil legs. I guess they just didn't get the o-rings right or something. The seeping on mine was the only real con on I had and it was enough to make me chuck it. If it was just condensation it would have been different, but my fingers were wet every time I touched the mod or atty despite it holding liquid. Never had another tank do that. It also liked to randomly get liquid in the airflow channel, but I dunno if it was coming from the airhole in the deck or just a buildup draining in from the AFC ring. So occasionally it would have either a drip come out of the AFC if I tilted it or just be gurgly and I'd have to blow the air channels clear of liquid. I almost think it would have been better if it just emptied the tank and made a big mess and then I wouldn't have wasted my time, but it was more of a slow acting aggravation. lol

I'd have dealt with the finicky silicone seal at the top if it didn't keep wetting itself and me.
#16 (permalink)      10/25/2016 1:15:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2138
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1958
bubba73 wrote:

Ya I'm definitely leaning towards the merlin. Every other review of the batchelor says leaks leaks leaks..

Lots of atties leak. The bachelor is the worst one I've seen though. That stupid atty dropped an entire tank after I had just filled it. I went to wash my hands came back and a brand new vtc mini 2 was covered in juice. The vtc mini shorted out a few days later so my bachelors joined it in the trash bin. Merlin is good choice so is sxk kayfun v5.

A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#17 (permalink)      10/25/2016 1:18:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Ya...i guess that's why it's a batchelor.😂
#18 (permalink)      12/25/2016 4:00:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ozzy29
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 96
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos36
Not that much leaking problems here,
i take the tank upside down after refilling , and open then the juice control/airflow channel
maybe it will help some one,
it sure helped me :)
setup: 3mm diameter tiger coil and full fill it with muji cotton
Best vape with T-juice Redastaire DIY 50/50

Edited on 12/27/2016 at 3:24 PM. Reason: