shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Juice and air controls tight enough?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/24/2016 6:44:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Juice and air controls tight enough?
Are the juice flow and air flow controls tight enough? I have been seeing some mixed opinions. I would like to know if the juice control will stay put once i set it.Any help is much appreciated.
#2 (permalink)      10/24/2016 7:46:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlbSteve
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 432
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos223
The juice and air flow controls work easy and stay put on mine. Attaching the coil is a little tricky because the leads length sets coil height. Wicking is very easy IMO. Filling is very fast, short twist on base to close juice, twist on top to open fill hole.

Bachelor nano has a kit (not included) to restrict air flow under the coil.

Merlin also has adapter to restrict air flow under the coil. Do not know if the Merlin has updated holes. I suppose with a die grinder, the juice holes could be made larger.

Both are excellent single coil atomizers.

Try not to do multiple posts of the same post. Good luck.
#3 (permalink)      10/24/2016 7:56:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Thanks for the help! The tripple post was a mistake. I will try very hard not to do it again, i promise. In fact, i will make it my life mission.😊 I have erred, i have sinned, forgive me. Seriously though, thanks for the help.
#4 (permalink)      10/24/2016 10:20:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2137
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1958
Buy a Merlin instead. Bachelor is notorious for being a very leaky atomizer. The worst purchase I made in 2016 was the bachelor and its leaky little nano friend.
A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#5 (permalink)      10/24/2016 10:36:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
The AFC and JFC always stayed where I put them, but the tank seeped to no end. Not tank emptying leaks but it was always wet on the outside and there seemed to always be liquid in the air channels. I loved the flavor and how easy it was to build on and wick, but I ended up throwing it away as I just got tired of the constant seepage.

I'm currently enjoying the Kayfun 5 as it has been a very nice single coil tank. No leaks (watch the O-rings in a Kayfun!), great flavor, easy to wick, and a very easy to build on deck. In fact, I just pulled the pieces of my new black one I got today from FT out of the alcohol soak to rinse and dry off before building. So far I think it is the only actual tank I have bought multiples of. I do have a few Le Magisters and Le Zephyrs so technically not the only tank, but the only one of its type if that makes sense... the only tanky-tank I have two of... ? lol

I'm also most likely going to get the Kayfun 5 mini, as I can only imagine it would be even better.
#6 (permalink)      10/24/2016 10:42:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
DefMunky wrote:

The AFC and JFC always stayed where I put them, but the tank seeped to no end. Not tank emptying leaks but it was always wet on the outside and there seemed to always be liquid in the air channels. I loved the flavor and how easy it was to build on and wick, but I ended up throwing it away as I just got tired of the constant seepage.

I'm currently enjoying the Kayfun 5 as it has been a very nice single coil tank. No leaks (watch the O-rings in a Kayfun!), great flavor, easy to wick, and a very easy to build on deck. In fact, I just pulled the pieces of my new black one I got today from FT out of the alcohol soak to rinse and dry off before building. So far I think it is the only actual tank I have bought multiples of. I do have a few Le Magisters and Le Zephyrs so technically not the only tank, but the only one of its type if that makes sense... the only tanky-tank I have two of... ? lol

I'm also most likely going to get the Kayfun 5 mini, as I can only imagine it would be even better.

I hope im doing this in the right space. Ok just a test..

#7 (permalink)      10/24/2016 10:50:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
DefMunky wrote:

It's funny you mention the kayfun 5. I have the sjmy clone and i can't get it to work at all. Im usually a 70 vg, 17 watt guy...but i tell you, it's like those juice holes are WAY too small. Btw I'm not a total nube, but i can't get the k 5 to do much. I've tried from 2mm to 3mm id, short tails, medium , long, you name it.What do you think I'm doing wrong??

#8 (permalink)      10/24/2016 11:00:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Ok so i think i finally get how this site works..lol. But ya , aren't those side juice holes on the kayfun 5 way too small? Should i be using 50/50 or what?
#9 (permalink)      10/24/2016 11:24:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlbSteve
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 432
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos223
+1 details
And no test posts also 😀. Could be to much cotton tucked in the kayfun v5 juice channels. Fluff out the wick ends more, and use less cotton in the channels.
#10 (permalink)      10/25/2016 12:06:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
I'm using about 93% VG at around 30 watts and both keep up with my chain vaping. It isn't the juice holes. lol

In my SS I'm using a 2.5mm ID 26 gauge SS coil @ .5 ohm with Muji cotton and my black is running a 3mm ID 26 gauge SS coil @ .54 ohm with rayon. Both make bubbles when I vape on them and wick perfectly.

Like AlbSteve said, you might have too much cotton in the little cups. I trimmed the wick on both of mine to where the ends would just touch the bottom of the cups. Of course the 3mm ID coil had more wick to tuck as I don't thin mine out, but it fit loose enough without being tight (it is rayon after all, doesn't swell like cotton) and wicks just as well as the cotton. The 2.5mm coil seemed to have the perfect diameter tail to fill the cups and it went in with no issues and nothing was choked out when it was saturated with liquid. I also open my JFC 2.5 to 3 full turns using the logo as a reference. My black one has no logos so I use the AFC as a reference and turn the mod instead. It has one of the easiest decks I've built on and wicked to be honest.

If you're having a hard time getting the Kayfun 5 to work right, you might not have the best time wicking the Bachelor. It is easy to do but you need the right amount of wick in the notches to keep it from just dumping down the air inlet.
#11 (permalink)      10/25/2016 12:15:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bubba73
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Ok thanks guys!