shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Compare this with Wotofo Serpent
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/1/2016 5:23:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
whitesocksdude
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8
+1 details
Compare this with Wotofo Serpent
I'am a single coil RTA sucker. How is this baby compare with the Serpent RTA?

Thanks!
#2 (permalink)      4/1/2016 6:53:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
piltrafus
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 501
  • Kudos22
Both are excellent
Maybe something else the wotofo, is more beast.
Although the tank is in one piece and if it breaks ..
#3 (permalink)      4/1/2016 9:14:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
whitesocksdude wrote:

How is this baby compare with the Serpent RTA?

I'm kinda curious about that myself. I have the Bachelor and love it, but the Serpent was also one I was considering.

From my research when deciding which to get I think the Serpent has more airflow and I think can be quite cloudy (depending on build of course!), but can be cut down to something I like which is a more restrictive lung hit. The negative for me that made me go with the Bachelor is like Piltrafus said, it's all one piece. Also the moving parts are press fit I think, so none of the tank can really be taken down to fix if needed.

The Bachelor can be taken completely down like a normal tank and even comes with spare glass and two extra sets of o-rings, a black and clear set, to go along with the blue that is pre-installed. The side benefits of the Bachelor to me are an incredibly easy deck to build on and very easy to figure out wicking along with a simple TFV4 style top fill system. You'll want at least a 3mm coil in there but a 3.5mm is that much easier.

The negative with the Bachelor for me is the included .5 ohm coil. I use mine on a mech and that coil is not good for that usage. It takes WAY too long to ramp up and doesn't really stay warm long enough to make the initial ramp up worth it. It also seems to mute the flavor for me. The included coil seems to be intended for regulated devices with more power, maybe 40-50ish watts. I put a .5 ohm 26 gauge parallel wire coil in it (9/64 ID, a little too large really, 3.5mm would have been perfect) and it vapes wonderfully for me on top of my SMPL. Good flavor, ramp up time, warm but not hot vape, everything I like. ;) If you use regulateds you probably won't have any issue with the coils. I just don't use their tank on the intended/expected style of device. lol

#4 (permalink)      4/1/2016 9:28:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
+1 details
piltrafus wrote:

Both are excellent
Maybe something else the wotofo, is more beast.
Although the tank is in one piece and if it breaks ..

I only have the Serpent. I haven't played with it enough but if I had my time again I'd grab this instead. The one piece tank is a big flaw. Someone else here had a few and one was a leaker, hard to fix if you can't break it down.
I'm giving it a good soaking now because I want to change juice. Kind of impossible to clean properly is the Serpent.

nothing to see here
#5 (permalink)      4/1/2016 9:59:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Panther_G
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos4
Mine leaks when topfill but got used to bottom fill it with ease, otherwise, it`s a beast flavor wise. I dare say even better than most other thanks i`ve tried and i tried many...
Don`t have the bachelor but planning on getting it because it`s cheap and seems to have good reviews.
#6 (permalink)      4/1/2016 10:02:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LutherBlissett
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11510
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos14348
Serpent is much less likely to break in the first place, since it's more metal than glass, and also since the glass is recessed a bit, so it won't hit a surface directly if they tank falls over.
No FT. No comment. __________ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVQawEZ2uuw
#7 (permalink)      4/1/2016 10:06:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160

I only have the Serpent

I dont have any problems with leaking as others have spoken of, but all I think of each time i vape it, is the Lemo 2.
But without the tendency towards dry/burned hits that can happen on that one if vaped at med-high wattages.

Having had 5 Lemo 2s, and since moved on, I felt this was a step backwards.

I dont personally find that i get the depth of flavour from single coils as i do from dual coils though other than the very rare single coil.
This not being one of them.

I dont personally understand the fascination with this Wotofo.
I also find it gives me a hint of that metal taste i get from other [ cough cough ] tanks i prefer not to purchase here, for myself, that i dont get from most tanks i do buy, whether it be, *** tank or Steamcraves etc.

Edited on 4/1/2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#8 (permalink)      4/1/2016 10:13:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7008
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos26643
I had both, but gave the Bachelor to a friend who seemed to enjoy it.

For me the only benefit the Bachelor has over the Serpent is that the glass section can be replaced. Serpent has much better airflow for my style of vaping, I found the flavor significantly better and just an all around smoother vape.

Bachelor is really a good tank, if you like the airflow from a Subtank Mini. It's basically the same, with basically the same flavor as from the STM RBA section.

Serpent with a clapton coil, for me, even wins in flavor when compared to a Kayfun.
But every vape style is different. You may love the Bachelor more, nobody knows until you try.
#9 (permalink)      4/2/2016 11:14:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
billybob
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 139
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos111
Ordered 2 of these. Hope that they are as good as the reviews. I have 5 Serpents and only 1 leaked when filled. Compared them visually and noticed that the one leaking had a small gap at the bottom of the chamber. Added a thin o-ring below the chamber threads on the base and fixed it right up. Others have used the same remedy. Still wicks fine, I'm using 70vg. The Serpent is easily cleaned with cheap fizzy denture cleaner in a cup of water, 2hrs, rinse thoroughly. This thing is built like a tank(military).

Shelagh, try a .5 ohm 26/32 ss clapton at 35-40 watts on that and it might change your mind.

Some reviewers compared the Bachelor to an upgraded Taifun, which got me interested immediately.
#10 (permalink)      4/12/2016 4:25:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CorallineAlgae
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos53
+4 details
Some differences between the two:

1: You can put much larger wire builds in the Serpent. I have SS Vertebraid wire in my Serpent and a 26/32g SS Clapton in my Bachelor at the moment. Both are pretty close to the maximum size wire these attys can accommodate.

2: Airflow is much more open on the Serpent, although I really like the airflow on the Bachelor. It's tighter, but smoother than the Serpent. The Bachelor is also quieter.

3: Wicking without any leaking is far easier on the Serpent. The Bachelor juice channels are huge, but they're so close to the outer chamber walls that having just a little bit too much cotton means that the chamber walls will shove the cotton down when you install the deck. The juice channels are also right on top of an o-ring, so a little too much cotton at the bottom of the juice channel can interfere with that o-ring.

4: You can get more vapor from the Serpent with it's massive airflow but it will burn through a tank of juice quicker. A full tank of juice in the Bachelor seems to last a little longer.

5: The o-rings on the Bachelor are pretty fragile. If you are careful they should hold up just fine. O-rings are an afterthought with the Serpent (don't have to worry about them at all).

6: The flavor is comparable between the two tanks, but I think the Bachelor wins this category. I prefer the vape from the Bachelor. There's just something so smooth about it. They're both very nice RTAs. If you're looking for very open airflow, the Serpent is the obvious choice. If you like a smooth restrictive lung inhale, then the Bachelor is a better option.
#11 (permalink)      4/12/2016 5:07:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZiggieAG
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 234
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos89
+2 details
airwinny wrote:

I had both, but gave the Bachelor to a friend who seemed to enjoy it.

For me the only benefit the Bachelor has over the Serpent is that the glass section can be replaced. Serpent has much better airflow for my style of vaping, I found the flavor significantly better and just an all around smoother vape.

Bachelor is really a good tank, if you like the airflow from a Subtank Mini. It's basically the same, with basically the same flavor as from the STM RBA section.

Serpent with a clapton coil, for me, even wins in flavor when compared to a Kayfun.
But every vape style is different. You may love the Bachelor more, nobody knows until you try.

same flavor as stm??? bullshit
have both, not comparable, never