shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Juice fllow control not aligned
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/23/2016 1:25:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Submoa
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos87
Juice fllow control not aligned
I just got 2 of this. First one seem to be ok but the second one juice flow control is not aligned with the deck and juice hole. Only half of the deck can be seen.

Is it something we can fix ourself or it's a QC issue?

Submoa marked this question as answered on 3/24/2016 at 9:38 AM
Answer
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
It's a juice channel under the flow control "shutters", so as long as your wick is in that channel it shouldn't matter if you can see the wicks or not.

The recessed channel near the top is what the flow control holes open into. As long as your wicks are there they should be able to soak up the liquid.
#2 (permalink)      3/23/2016 1:36:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Submoa
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos87
Here a pic

#3 (permalink)      3/23/2016 1:51:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
It's a juice channel under the flow control "shutters", so as long as your wick is in that channel it shouldn't matter if you can see the wicks or not.

The recessed channel near the top is what the flow control holes open into. As long as your wicks are there they should be able to soak up the liquid.
#4 (permalink)      3/23/2016 1:58:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Submoa
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos87
Got it. Thank you!

Another think. I cleaned it, including orings with dish soap and alcohol but there is funku rubber taste and flavir is poor. Any suggestion?
#5 (permalink)      3/23/2016 3:03:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
Wash and dry your hands really well and handle the wick as little as possible is the only advice I can think of for funky tastes other than making sure you rinse it thoroughly. Nitrile gloves could help as well, but depending on how you wick those could introduce a mild rubbery taste as well. As for poor flavor, you might try reducing the airflow or raising the power a little. I vape mine around 30-35-ish watts with the air hole about a third or less open. You might just need to find whatever combination works for you.

I should also note that I have never used the included coils, I built my own. So I can't tell you if the included coils are the cause of the off flavor or not.
#6 (permalink)      3/23/2016 7:01:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4379
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4142
+1 details
I always cut my wick long enough so that I can cut off the ends that I have handled leaving clean untouched wick behind which I then fluff up with a needle or fine pointed screwdriver. Finger grease can taste disgusting.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#7 (permalink)      3/24/2016 9:40:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Submoa
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos87
It was not my greasy or dirty hands. It was a funky rubber taste. After smelling all parts, it was sealers. Cleaned them again in vinegar and after overnight in water bath it's better.