shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

New Airflow?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/23/2016 4:26:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapism
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
New Airflow?
Quick queries that hopefully some kind person can help with:

Is this shipping with what seems to be the newer single large slot airflow?
And the glass is definitely interchangeable with older subtanks? (Got quite a few spare glass bits).

Cheers.
#2 (permalink)      6/23/2016 4:30:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Game_Cat
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 1637
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos836
AFAIK, it's 1:1 compatible with all the equivalent Subtank parts, including glass presumably.

I do remember reading someone pointing out that they had changed the airflow over the older ST design...
#3 (permalink)      6/23/2016 6:21:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapism
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
Thanks.
I suppose if it doesn't come with the new one, it's only been a couple of quid to replace airflow sections in the past.
#4 (permalink)      6/23/2016 8:08:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starvape
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos114
I have this…great tank….has the new dual airflow slots on either side….the glass dimensions are different….a sub tank glass will not fit….ft sells the authentic Kanger top tan glass here for a couple bucks.

Threads at the bottom are a bit noisy but it gets better over time…just handle with kid gloves.

Topfill is good but you have to follow this trick for no leaks.

close airflow fully….fill….then attach top cap to just catch the threads, flip upside down and tighten the rest….then open airflow…..and invert.

no leaks guaranteed.
#5 (permalink)      6/23/2016 9:36:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SCFRA
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 106
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos41
You mean there's a new new base (version 3) returning to one single air-flow slot, that would allow closing it?
That's good news, and it only makes sense with a top-flling tank.
#6 (permalink)      6/29/2016 4:47:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapism
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
Yeah, if you look at the detail pics on here it looks like one slot again, which'd suit me fine and hopefully help maintain the slight vacuum that seems to keep the damned things from leaking.

Very pro subtank onwards in general, but the leaks get bleedin' tiring.
#7 (permalink)      6/29/2016 4:57:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bumbleballs
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 1235
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos1345
i purchased one and mine has two slots , with the ability to close the air off completely :) also the slots seem to be slightly bigger than my other toptank, which gives more airflow :) way better base imo

Edited on 6/29/2016 at 5:09 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      6/29/2016 4:59:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
E.DeCastro
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4366
  • Reviews 58
  • Kudos2359
+1 details
glass doesn't fit. I gave a pack of authentic subtank mini glass to a friend who broke her top tank glass and the subtank mini glass is too tall.
#9 (permalink)      7/5/2016 9:43:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MildBill54
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
E.DeCastro - TopTank glass and SubTank glass are NOT compatible, even with truly authentic items.

All Others - This is clearly NOT an authentic Kanger TopTank, nowhere on the internet do any photos of authentic Kanger TopTanks show that airflow base. Thus, this is a fake/clone/knockoff that is obviously NOT authentic.
#10 (permalink)      7/6/2016 12:15:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starvape
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos114
MildBill54 wrote:

….nowhere on the internet do any photos of authentic Kanger TopTanks show that airflow base. Thus, this is a fake/clone/knockoff that is obviously NOT authentic.

I don't want your inaccurate and uninformed remarks to put people off from buying what, to me, is a must-have in any vaper's arsenal.

You're only seeing one airflow slot because, at any given time, the second slot is diametrically opposite….so you will never see both at the same time. I also know its the dual airflow design because of the steel pin head that stops the slot from moving once it is fully open…check it out…its the silver looking pinhead….you can see very clearly in Pic#2.

The pics of the product and the box are 100% authentic to me.

Buy this tank with confidence…..it is great for flavour, clouds and very versatile….you can use stock SSOCC coils which are damn good….and even learn to build its RBA Deck.