Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Be prepared to waste the first tank of e-liquid
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      1/2/2016 9:04:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 4000
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos8823
+1 details
I have both v1 and v2 and its garbage. When you first wick it both have a bad taste v2 is barely better IMHO, if you like fluffy cotton this stuff is kinda odd to fluff because it's so damn compressed. Obviously theres some that like it but its not for me and the price is the final nail in the coffin.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#22 (permalink)      1/2/2016 9:23:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Evilbeast
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 291
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos115
While I've never tried CB v1, I've used many bags of the v2 and not even once have I come across any odd flavors. Even with the first few hits I've only tasted the juice and not even any strong cottony taste like with regular organic cotton puffs I used to use.

One of the issues I think may be causing this is that people's hands aren't completely clean when wicking with it and the oils from there hands get absorbed and make the cotton taste funny. This happens a lot and I always recommend washing your hands like your a surgeon and without touching but the cotton and then seeing how it tastes. Rayon is also notorious for being super absorbent and sucking up the oils on your hand making the wicking taste funny for a while.

Edited on 1/2/2016 at 9:23 AM. Reason: typo
#23 (permalink)      1/2/2016 10:42:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18276
+1 details
Jaccoman wrote:

This stuff has a really gross hospital taste when you vape it for the first 4ml of juice. I've tossed it in the bin. It wicks like a Winni Mandela adversary wearing a school bus tire, but it's a total waste of juice and taste buds.Just so you know.

They should have called this the Stompie Moeketsi wicking material.

Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#24 (permalink)      2/7/2016 2:33:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redbud
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 522
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos696
+1 details
Jaccoman wrote:

This stuff has a really gross hospital taste when you vape it for the first 4ml of juice. I've tossed it in the bin. It wicks like a Winni Mandela adversary wearing a school bus tire, but it's a total waste of juice and taste buds.Just so you know.

My first tank with cotton bacon seemed tainted by potatoes cooking in a microwave so I binned it and used regular pads (and got out of the kitchen). A while later I used the bacon once more and realised it was this shit that tasted of spuds. I'm with you, once bitten is quite enough. Fuck v2

Inkitatus wrote:

Unfortunately 2015 is the last great vaping year,with 2016 seriously altering what's available to us :-(

Prohibition and ridiculous regs did a world of good for the black market drug trade, in their wildest hallucinations drug users couldn't imagine the huge range and in such plentiful supply. I am very hopeful the same will happen with vaping supplies. I am more than happy to stop paying VAT in the UK and VAT X 4 at home.

Don't fear the new rules, embrace them. The Chinese will still produce tanks, mods, batteries etc.
The governments of the EU or US can't ban the DIY juice products without banning a ridiculous number of food and medicine ingredients.
I keep saying it, they can't control heroin use, I really can't see police visiting our homes with sniffer dogs trained to find stainless steel, they'd never get them out of the kitchens.

#25 (permalink)      2/7/2016 3:01:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Inkitatus
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 6808
  • Reviews 179
  • Kudos6853
+1 details
Agreed,but I could loose my job if the B&M trade is driven underground- & its not us established vapers that'll suffer,its those that haven't converted yet. Plus online forums give a biased view (as we're all enthusiasts) whereas the vast majority of vapers are ego type device users & have never heard of the TPD,Phil Busardo or know what an RDA is- its those untapped masses we must reach,otherwise were just preaching to the converted.

FWIW I like v2 cotton bacon :-)
https://www.instagram.com/inkitatus/
#26 (permalink)      2/7/2016 3:57:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redbud
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 522
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos696
+1 details
Inkitatus wrote:

Agreed,but I could loose my job if the B&M trade is driven underground- & its not us established vapers that'll suffer,its those that haven't converted yet. Plus online forums give a biased view (as we're all enthusiasts) whereas the vast majority of vapers are ego type device users & have never heard of the TPD,Phil Busardo or know what an RDA is- its those untapped masses we must reach,otherwise were just preaching to the converted.

FWIW I like v2 cotton bacon :-)

Haha, excellent last line, I can't comment on v2 but loathed v1.

A few poll tax style riots should help get the word out to those less informed and create honest discussions. For now big tobacco has $30 odd billion to spunk annually and can't spend .5% on advertising, they are lining the right pockets it seems.
It is people like you that will hopefully use your knowledge and contacts to keep things moving if the worst happens. I would never wish unemployment on you or anyone else, it one of the reasons I was/am so against the new rules. For a while, I couldn't believe the Tories would swallow it, but then mass unemployment rears it's head every time those heartless bastards in power, so that obviously doesn't worry them these days, and people dying, that has never mattered.
I haven't given up completely yet but I am not losing sleep over dumb rules and regs. Whatever happens, I am not going back to cigarettes.
I am preaching to the choir I am sure so I'll shut up now :o)

#27 (permalink)      2/7/2016 4:33:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
Nailseayts wrote:

Try some grahams cellucotton of the rayon variation, i wont use anything else!

Kgd is shite

Over here, at least, there are two that look almost identical but one is not the other.
I've seen a few posts by people who have bought the wrong version.

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#28 (permalink)      2/7/2016 5:38:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13577
There are a couple of types, im not sure which one i use. I buy it from a local vape shop and believe it to be single core rayon
Always go full potato!
#29 (permalink)      2/7/2016 5:48:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
+1 details
Nailseayts wrote:

There are a couple of types, im not sure which one i use. I buy it from a local vape shop and believe it to be single core rayon

Yours is the right one.
I remember a picture you showed once.

Just mentioning it in case someone else reads that and goes out and buys the wrong one.

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#30 (permalink)      4/1/2016 9:25:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dands_vapes
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos21
I suggested that FT carry this product as it sometimes is hard to find locally in my area, due to sell outs and supply issues from the manufacturer. I figured FT can buy a lot more than the local vape shops to have a decent supply when I need it.
I've been using V1.0 for several years and never had any issues up until the Clapton wires took the RBA scene a while back. So I suggested that FT carry V2.0, it is better than V1.0 due to the high consistency and high density. But I had no idea they would bring it in at this high price! Sorry guys and gals. Usually FT is cheaper than the local fellows.

And yes, you can chop the bacon strips up to get 80 - 100 wicks from a single bag, so price per wick is not that bad. Even if your DIY'ing @ 3.5MM coils.
'may the vapor be with you ...' Smitty
#31 (permalink)      4/20/2016 3:42:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10542
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8107
Jaccoman wrote:

This stuff has a really gross hospital taste when you vape it for the first 4ml of juice.

confirmed just wanted to post this