shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

It came with the CLR adapter parts
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/1/2016 12:10:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Blauw
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 246
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos331
+3 details
Hope you get it fixed, fucitol. I think the Pico is a great variation on the taifun-GT. Same very good flavour-vape in an itty-biity atty.

Edited on 10/1/2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: respect
It's all right, it's all right, it's all righiiiit. I know it's gonna be all right. (Yoko Ono)
#22 (permalink)      10/1/2016 7:00:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+2 details
I wick it by measuring about 7mm through the juice holes, but then fold the wick into the chamber so that there is a springy fold that sits just above the thread line of the chamber. I think it draws excess liquid from the chamber bottom so that liquid doesn't collect there without a way out except through the bottom. I try to stick the wick up against the wall covering the juice holes and away from the airhole.

I noticed there is a slight gap in those two slots where the deck fits in the chamber, so I fill them with cotton. Before mounting the deck inside the chamber, I cut a strip of cotton pad, about half the pad length, and pull it apart so I get two strips that are 1/4 thickness of the pad. With the chamber upside down, I put those two strips aligned inside with the slots roughly then press the deck in. I cut the excess cotton off the ends with some thrum scissors and the rest I push into the slots with a little slotted screwdriver.

It's a bit of a PITA, but hopefully you'll only need to do it every once in a while. You can change wicks without having to repeat the above.

About the chimney cap, I find it's easy to over tighten it so once threaded properly just tighten it until it's firm, there isn't any risk in it twisting off when putting the tank on.

I mentioned before about the o-ring on the 510 pin to fix that leaking.

I also don't refill until the liquid is below the juice holes or nearly dry, so that when refilling, any leak due to loss of vacuum, is soaked up by the drier wick.

My other mods to this atty have been to drill out one of the airholes on the base so I can push a screwdriver into it. I can then use a screwdriver to lever the tank off, and you can also crudely put the deck on without the chamber by pushing the screwdriver through the airhole on the deck pin as well and mounting it on an ohm meter.

It's finally not as leaky as it once was. :P

I'm looking forward to the second one with CLR coils...
#23 (permalink)      10/1/2016 7:56:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fucitol
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 4432
  • Reviews 173
  • Kudos10078
+2 details
Thanks for stopping by wuwei.ap and for the very helpful tips. I was always suspect of those two slots on the deck and thought they might be the issue. I've since replaced all o-rings on both tanks and recoiled one of them but haven't used it yet. That will be for next weekend. They certainly seem to have a more solid feel to them now. If it leaks then most likely it's the slots on the deck.

I took your advice about sealing the 510 connection even though I haven't had any leaks there. These SKU 4616915 work very well for the job. They're a tight fit but won't slip off easily. The only drawback is that it raises the pin a little into the 510 connection, so if you have a finicky mod it might not make contact unless you really torque the coil chamber into the base - which probably isn't a good idea. Definitely not something I would take a chance using on a hybrid mech. !BOOM!
Illegitimi Non Carborundum est
#24 (permalink)      10/1/2016 8:30:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+2 details
Hey thanks fucitol, no problems. :P

Yeah, those o-rings look good, I'm using the 5mm x 1mm ones now because they don't slip off too. It does raise the deck slightly. I mainly had problems at that point because of a heatsink I was using that was pushing the pin up too far, so I guess it was a hairline too much that was causing the leak. I shortened the heatsink pin and that fixed it.

Mine is on a hybrid and a apv. I want to protect them both, I think that was the main one for me.

After all that faffing with mine, it doesn't really leak at all. I hope it works for you too. If you have some issues with those two slots, let me know and I'll try to post a pic or two when I rebuild it soon.
#25 (permalink)      12/12/2016 7:07:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
isometrus
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 55
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos15
+1 details
Just arrived with full CLR coil kit
#26 (permalink)      10/22/2017 2:13:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Makadalu
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 17