shopping cart empty
I made a dark theme for Fasttech.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/2/2017 6:47:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 804
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos753
$0.60 rebate earned+34 details
I made a dark theme for Fasttech.
Update: May 26th, 2020

- Styled tickets section
- Adjusted the cart page in response to FT's recent changes
- Tweaked checkout pages
- Styled login pages

Update: January 13th, 2020

Fasttech updated broke the style on the frontpage. Fixed with this update.

Update: September 23, 2018

Styled the checkout pages. Update from the URL below.

Update: July 27, 2018

Stylish has been removed from the Chrome/Firefox store. You should use Stylus now. The links are below. See this post for more information.

Latest theme update: September 28, 2018

I recently found out about the Fasttech Greasemonkey script. It adds several new functionalities to FT website and the forums. It got me started on making a dark theme.

I really dig the minimalist and functional design of Fasttech but the color scheme can be a little hard on the eyes at night even with f.lux installed. I hope you guys like it. I spent a little extra time styling the forums because that's where most of us spend most of our time on Fasttech.

There are currently a few things about the theme that can be improved upon. The checkout pages and some of the support pages are not styled. There are a lot of design and color inconsistencies throughout the theme. Some pages could have been styled better. I think there is room for making it load faster as well. Combined with the Greasemonkey script you can do nifty things like highlighting Anniepan or any other staff's posts to spot them easily.

I fine with these issues myself, but if a lot of people start using this theme I'll try to release a few updates and address those issues.

Installation:

1. Install a free extension called Stylus. For Google Chrome | For Mozilla Firefox

2. Go to the theme's page and click on "Install Style"

3. Done!

If I make any changes to the theme you can go back to that page and update it with one click.

Screenshots:

Album with more screenshots

Edited on 5/26/2020 at 1:18 AM. Reason:
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#2 (permalink)      11/2/2017 8:57:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1792
+2 details
Holy this is great! I was using 'Current State' for firefox to implement a dark FT theme, but this looks much better. Thanks for putting this together!
#3 (permalink)      11/2/2017 9:04:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27283
Been done already, twice.
Woah, mama!
#4 (permalink)      11/2/2017 9:29:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 804
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos753
+5 details
Moldy wrote:

Holy this is great! I was using 'Current State' for firefox to implement a dark FT theme, but this looks much better. Thanks for putting this together!

Awesome! LMK if you run into any bugs or have any suggestions/tweaks :)

johnny_469 wrote:

Yeah I've tried them both. The theme called "Night Mode" essentially just replaces the light colors with dark ones. Looks like it was a quick attempt to apply a dark coat on everything. Pafapaf's DarkFT goes on to do a little bit more but it's quite old and FT's codebase probably has seen some change since. As a result there are a lot of glitches, unstyled areas and some areas that are a little hard to read or follow. I actually took some of the colors from this one.

Mine does quite a bit more. I've tried changing the style overall and not just the colors. I've styled more elements. I've also added many section and page specific tweaks that the other themes didn't go into. Plus it's more polished being the newest one compatible with the latest codebase.

Give all three a try again. You'll see the difference.

Edited on 11/2/2017 at 9:31 PM. Reason:
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#5 (permalink)      11/2/2017 10:01:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7958
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos12021
+1 details
Nice job there. I do like the look of the theme .. and would be a good reason for me to actually use this script for the fist time. I haven't yet as my 'ignore' works just fine :)

I may give this a go when I get a little more time to play with it. It's been pretty busy here lately. Not much time for more than emails :P
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#6 (permalink)      11/3/2017 2:35:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 804
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos753
+2 details
Thanks rangermsr! The script is really handy, it lets you tag users, notifies you of new posts and a whole bunch of other things.

But you don't need the script to use the theme. Just follow the steps, which are basically install the extension, go to the theme's page and click install theme :)

I hope you get some free time soon, black friday deals are coming :D
#7 (permalink)      11/3/2017 3:51:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
m0shu
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos108
+1 details
Nice.Thanks.
@Suceava*Romania*
#8 (permalink)      11/3/2017 4:23:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MSAKSA
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 330
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos178
+1 details
very nice. It is much comfort for the eyes

thanks
#9 (permalink)      11/3/2017 6:22:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10454
+2 details
Thanks for taking the time.

Even if a total of 10 people benefit from this thing, you've made a difference.
Joke's on you, this isn't actually a raffle.
#10 (permalink)      11/3/2017 11:02:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cigarviper
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 49
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos14
+1 details
Ya, enjoying it!
#11 (permalink)      11/8/2017 10:49:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 804
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos753
+1 details
Pushed a small update through. Just go to the style page and click on "Update Style". I think on Firefox you can set the style to auto update.

Basically I made some of the non-crucial information on the forum page darker to make the thread titles stand out more.