shopping cart empty
Anyone prefer these over?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/12/2015 5:32:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustydownunder
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos30
Anyone prefer these over?
Anyone at all prefer these over SKU 2363300 or these SKU 2706700

Thanks.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 5:32 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      12/12/2015 5:38:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27276
+1 details
Not really...

If I want to build below .15, which I don't often anymore, I'll only use my VTC series cells, but for most purposes a set of 30Q cells will do ya more than fine ;-)

BTW, aftermarket testing is showing that 30Q cells may very well be 20A continuous capable just like a 25R.

I have taken them down to .19 with no issues whatsoever (just under 20A under load).

Vdrop gets a bit extreme lower than that, IMO meaning .2 is a good number to stay at or above with them.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 5:40 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#3 (permalink)      12/12/2015 5:41:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pocariboy
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 323
  • Kudos655
+1 details
No, I personally prefer the Samsungs much more than the Sonys. The Sonys have too low of an mAh. Need changing more often.

But that's just me...
#4 (permalink)      12/12/2015 5:48:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jaccoman
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2948
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos2625
+1 details
Recently started replacing all my Samsung 25R's with 30Q's for the same reason Johnny stated. You get the extra mAh and since I hardly ever build below 0.4Ω I had too much headroom on the 25R's to justify the loss in mAh's.
30Q's are the best cells out there, IMHO.
I am Groot.
#5 (permalink)      12/12/2015 5:54:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27276
+1 details
Sanyo NCR18650GA cells are pretty badass also IMO.

They are Panasonic NCR chemistry which is well known to be the safest chemistry on the market right now for high drain cells. I've seen cells with this chemistry shorted, punctured, and literally crushed, fully charged no less, and when venting, barely spit out anything for gasses or electrolytes. For all intensive purposes, you can't make them ignite on their own, let alone explode. (Not saying it's impossible to make one violently vent, but it would take some serious effort to do so.)

3500mAh in actuality also, rated 10A continuous and 20A max draw. They're easily vapable down to .4oHm (with headroom), and likely can handle down to .3 (or even a little lower, for the experienced/expert vapers.

They're also great cells to buy for marrying pairs. The tolerances in the factory are very tight for them. Most times, you can pick out 2 random brand new cells of this kind, and find them to be suitable for pairing.

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 5:56 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#6 (permalink)      12/12/2015 5:57:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27276
Oh, and the samsung 20R is a good rival for a vtc series cell in terms of internal resistance ratings.
Woah, mama!
#7 (permalink)      12/12/2015 2:27:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustydownunder
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos30
johnny_469 wrote:

Sanyo NCR18650GA cells are pretty badass also IMO.They are Panasonic NCR chemistry which is well known to be the safest chemistry on the market right now for high drain cells. I've seen cells with this chemistry shorted, punctured, and literally crushed, fully charged no less, and when venting, barely spit out anything for gasses or electrolytes. For all intensive purposes, you can't make them ignite on their own, let alone explode. (Not saying it's impossible to make one violently vent, but it would take some serious effort to do so.)3500mAh in actuality also, rated 10A continuous and 20A max draw. They're easily vapable down to .4oHm (with headroom), and likely can handle down to .3 (or even a little lower, for the experienced/expert vapers.They're also great cells to buy for marrying pairs. The tolerances in the factory are very tight for them. Most times, you can pick out 2 random brand new cells of this kind, and find them to be suitable for pairing.

Thanks a whole bunch, Johnny. I like these NCR...GA you've mentioned, I just can't justify the extra dollars though. I might stick with the 30Qs. I have a bunch of them and they've been performing without issue. I don't build down past .35 I mostly use mech mods and find the sweet spot for me at about .4 - .48.

I appreciate you time, mate. Thank you, again.

#8 (permalink)      12/12/2015 2:32:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustydownunder
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos30
pocariboy wrote:

No, I personally prefer the Samsungs much more than the Sonys. The Sonys have too low of an mAh. Need changing more often.

But that's just me...

And that's kind of what I figured. The higher output is more than I'll likely use, and isn't much of a gain if I loose mAh.

Thanks, a heap for the support.

#9 (permalink)      12/12/2015 2:35:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
skank
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 242
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos222
johnny_469 wrote:

Sanyo NCR18650GA cells are pretty badass also IMO.They are Panasonic NCR chemistry which is well known to be the safest chemistry on the market right now for high drain cells. I've seen cells with this chemistry shorted, punctured, and literally crushed, fully charged no less, and when venting, barely spit out anything for gasses or electrolytes. For all intensive purposes, you can't make them ignite on their own, let alone explode. (Not saying it's impossible to make one violently vent, but it would take some serious effort to do so.)3500mAh in actuality also, rated 10A continuous and 20A max draw. They're easily vapable down to .4oHm (with headroom), and likely can handle down to .3 (or even a little lower, for the experienced/expert vapers.They're also great cells to buy for marrying pairs. The tolerances in the factory are very tight for them. Most times, you can pick out 2 random brand new cells of this kind, and find them to be suitable for pairing.

What kind of intensive purposes?

#10 (permalink)      12/12/2015 2:38:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustydownunder
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos30
johnny_469 wrote:

That's good to hear. I might stick with the 30Qs as well from now on. Although, I wouldn't mind a few of those NCR...GAs Johnny mentioned just to pair off in regulated mods. I'm finding a huge difference in my pairs with the 25Rs. Haven't paired a set of 30Qs though. So, I'd be interested to see how perform paired.
Thanks for your help.

#11 (permalink)      12/12/2015 2:41:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crustydownunder
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos30
@ Skank: What kind of intensive purposes?

I think it was a typo, I think he means "for all intents and purposes".

Edited on 12/12/2015 at 2:42 PM. Reason: