shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

Dry hits with max VG? Do they ever go away?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/4/2017 5:27:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
Dry hits with max VG? Do they ever go away?
Hello!

To begin with, I am actually more of a newbie to pre-made coils. For almost 3 years I have only used rebuildable tanks and always made my own coils. Pre-mades seem much harder to handle for me, mostly because I have so little control over them.

I grabbed the T22 tank with this coil in order to set it up for my mum, since she likes the cigarette style more and would probably enjoy M2L more.

But I am having a hard time with some dry hits, probably because I am using 100% VG with no added water.

What would you do in this situation? The tank seems to give me a dry hit after every 3 puffs because it cannot keep up to this viscosity of the liquid. I might end up adding some water to it, but quite frankly I do not like water in my VG and I do not like to have to do that.

Perhaps these coils are just not fit for pure VG?

Edited on 2/4/2017 at 5:28 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      2/4/2017 7:43:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoPatterson
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1456
  • Reviews 299
  • Kudos1851
+2 details
We have learned a simple little technique.
Take your finger off the button several seconds before you stop inhaling.

Be sure to keep inhaling till heat is used up from coil.

The suction draws the vg, without burning it ... so it is primed for the next hit.
Seriously FT CSS- the correct answer to Any PRE-SALE question is NEVER "what is your order number".........................
#3 (permalink)      2/4/2017 7:50:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
I am already trying to do a bit of priming after pulls, or even before pulls. The issue is that my mother is not so "advanced" in vaping, so to speak, and I want her to heave a seamless experience. The potential for dry hits is not good for her as she is having a hard time getting into it.

My next idea is to get a small needle and just puncture the cotton, visible through the juice holes, to make it wick better. Hopefully, it will have some effect.
#4 (permalink)      2/4/2017 8:33:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fucitol
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 4527
  • Reviews 174
  • Kudos10443
Why do you have to use 100% VG? That's like vaping maple syrup. Mix her up some 80/20 or 70/30
Illegitimi Non Carborundum est
#5 (permalink)      2/4/2017 9:13:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
fucitol wrote:

Why do you have to use 100% VG? That's like vaping maple syrup. Mix her up some 80/20 or 70/30

That's similar to asking someone who doesn't eat meat - "why don't you eat some meat?". A pretty useless question overall. Obviously, if someone is using 100% VG - they have chosen to use that for a reason.

What's next - why don't I just light a cigarette? :P

#6 (permalink)      2/4/2017 9:13:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
oops - double post - pls delete

Edited on 2/4/2017 at 9:14 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      2/4/2017 9:23:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fucitol
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 4527
  • Reviews 174
  • Kudos10443
+2 details
It wasn't meant to be insulting, a legitimate question. Is it you who doesn't prefer PG or your mother? 100% VG isn't going to help get her off analogs. PG will give the sensation she needs to quit as well as nicotine. When I started vaping nearly 7 years ago to quit smoking and tried 95% VG pre-made juices I was running back to the analogs 50% of the time because it didn't provide the throat hit sensation a smoker needs.
#8 (permalink)      2/4/2017 9:29:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
+1 details
Sorry if my reply sounded too stingy, but you are right nevertheless.

The problem is, for some reason she coughs like she is about to die from most vaping setups that I try to set for her. I've tried many combinations and, surprisingly, she seemed to handle steam crave Aromamizer RDTAv2 most of all, and she didn't cough most of the time with it. The PG seems to make it worse.

At this point I feel like she has to make a push for it and not expect pure perfection from the start, but the struggle vs cigarettes is very real for her. It took me 3 days to quit, but she is resisting it badly.
#9 (permalink)      2/4/2017 9:37:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fucitol
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 4527
  • Reviews 174
  • Kudos10443
+1 details
Broko wrote:

The problem is, for some reason she coughs like she is about to die from most vaping setups that I try to set for her. I've tried many combinations and, surprisingly, she seemed to handle steam crave Aromamizer RDTAv2 most of all, and she didn't cough most of the time with it. The PG seems to make it worse.

At this point I feel like she has to make a push for it and not expect pure perfection from the start, but the struggle vs cigarettes is very real for her. It took me 3 days to quit, but she is resisting it badly.

Got it, no worries. She might have a sensitivity to PG which is not uncommon. It took me a month to make the transition to vaping with high nic and 70% PG liquids. I wished I could have quit as quickly as you did, but a two pack a day habit for 20+ years was hard to break. Good luck to you and your mother, I hope it works out :)

#10 (permalink)      2/4/2017 11:09:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
+1 details
fucitol wrote:

Broko wrote:

Got it, no worries. She might have a sensitivity to PG which is not uncommon. It took me a month to make the transition to vaping with high nic and 70% PG liquids. I wished I could have quit as quickly as you did, but a two pack a day habit for 20+ years was hard to break. Good luck to you and your mother, I hope it works out :)

Thank you for the kind words - I really hope she finds the power to quit, one way or another.

It has been quite a shock for me too, coming in this apartment and inhaling the smoke residue that is constantly floating around. I can't believe I had smoked for almost 10 years, doing 1-2 packs a day. I also could not believe that it took me 3 days to quit fully... The only reason it took me 3 days is because I had no 2nd battery and smoked when it was charging, so I would smoke around 3 cigs a day per 3 days until I bought more batteries. That was it.

If only it was so easy for everyone else as well, I would be soooo happy.