shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Build deck?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      6/8/2019 1:14:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 763
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos549
Cattledog69 wrote:

If it floods your wicking is wrong. Never had it flood and no need to close airflow. Did you use both the thin and the thick cotton? First the thin, then the thick cotton.The cotton needs to be so thick around the cub that it is almost hard to put it in the rba. I always put it in with a twist. If you can post a picture

I've tried mine today and it also leaks the juice. Rebuild it and used a lot of cotton but still leaks the juice. It makes me wonder if the tank isn't properly sealed or if it's because I use 50/50 juice. As soon as I open the juice flow it starts to leak. :(

"The Truth Is Out There"
#52 (permalink)      6/8/2019 1:25:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 198
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos116
AlienGrey wrote:

Cattledog69 wrote:
If it floods your wicking is wrong. Never had it flood and no need to close airflow. Did you use both the thin and the thick cotton? First the thin, then the thick cotton.The cotton needs to be so thick around the cub that it is almost hard to put it in the rba. I always put it in with a twist. If you can post a picture

I've tried mine today and it also leaks the juice. Rebuild it and used a lot of cotton but still leaks the juice. It makes me wonder if the tank isn't properly sealed or if it's because I use 50/50 juice. As soon as I open the juice flow it starts to leak. :(

It's hard to tell if you don't post a pic. There's so much parts, and rings and stuff with this tank it's impossible to tell if you're doing anything wrong. 50/50 juice is fine with this tank. And you should not have to close the jfc to prevent leakage.

There's a lot of o rings in this tank. Better check if they're all in place.

#53 (permalink)      6/8/2019 5:04:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 763
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos549
The tank isn't properly sealed. I did the water test and it failed. Leaks water from the drip tip if I blow in the airflow hole. Easy to fix just put a small O-ring from the spares bag on the bottom of the top cap that you need to remove to fill the tank.

It looks like there's supposed to be an O-ring on the bottom but it came without one. Maybe not all tanks need it but mine does or air goes from the chimney in to the tank and starts to leak the juice as soon as I open the juice control.

I'm currently using the 0.4 Ohm coil and the flavour is really good. Now I can start to build my own coils. :D
"The Truth Is Out There"
#54 (permalink)      6/9/2019 1:37:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 198
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos116
You mean this Oring?

Glad you like the flavour btw :)
#55 (permalink)      6/9/2019 2:29:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 763
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos549
That piece you're pointing too but on the bottom too close it when you screw it on the chimney. That fixed the leaking when I open the juice control. It's still not leak proof when I vape with it. I heard Vic say in his review that it worsk better with 3.5mm coils. Maybe this is because you can use more cotton to wrap around the coil.

I've got a 3.5mm coil jig in the mail and will give that a try.

It's going to be a nice RTA if I can get it leak proof that can be used for MTL.

Edited on 6/9/2019 at 2:30 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#56 (permalink)      6/10/2019 1:47:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndrekO
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos10
It went in and out of my cart multiple times, but at $7 I finally thought "What the hell" and pulled the trigger. It's cheap enough even to just have some fun with it.
#57 (permalink)      6/10/2019 2:33:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vitrolles
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 2631
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos3996
$5.94
#58 (permalink)      6/10/2019 3:26:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 763
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos549
Why do they lower the price every time I order it?

Doesn't FT needs to give me back the difference?

Anyway guys I can say that you can get it to work. I didn't want to wait for my 3.5mm coil jig and used a 3mm one to builda coil. I can add more cotton and that stops the leaking. I also know were the leaking is coming from. It's from opening and closing the juice control to fill the tank.

What happens is that if you close the juice control the pressure build up pushes the juice to the coil. When there's not enuogh cotton to hold that juice it leaks the juice from the coil in the base.

Edited on 6/10/2019 at 3:27 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#59 (permalink)      6/10/2019 3:33:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 763
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos549
An other thing that I noticed is that the ceramic coil housings are much stronger that I thought they would be. I think that the people that do brake them use wire that is too thick.

That doesn't mean that you can't use more exotic coils with it. You just going to need to make the groove that holds wire in the ceramic coil housing larger so the diameter of your exotic coil wire fits it.

Edited on 6/10/2019 at 3:33 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#60 (permalink)      6/10/2019 5:36:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndrekO
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos10
AlienGrey wrote:

Doesn't FT needs to give me back the difference?

No, you are basically signing a contract. But you can try to ask them to cancel the order and then reorder. But is that $1 worth it?

#61 (permalink)      6/10/2019 9:36:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 763
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos549
That won't work as one is already delivered and the other one is on it's way. It's just a bit annoying to see that they dropped the price after you ordered it. :(
"The Truth Is Out There"