shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Build deck?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/14/2019 12:25:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 762
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos548
@Cattledog69

Are we going to need replacement ceramic coil housings?
"The Truth Is Out There"
#12 (permalink)      5/14/2019 2:01:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 198
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos116
+1 details
In the package you get a few bags with extra coils, ceramic cubs and cotton slices. If im not mistaken you will have 3 cubs in total.

You can buy extra ceramic cubs and also the special cotton at the footoon website. I ordered a bunch there and was cheap and fast delivery
#13 (permalink)      5/14/2019 2:45:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zicjam
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Advertisement
#14 (permalink)      5/14/2019 6:59:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndrekO
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos10
Thanks for the explanation. It is wierd and I like it. Now I need it.
#15 (permalink)      5/14/2019 8:22:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 762
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos548
Cattledog69 wrote:

In the package you get a few bags with extra coils, ceramic cubs and cotton slices. If im not mistaken you will have 3 cubs in total.

You can buy extra ceramic cubs and also the special cotton at the footoon website. I ordered a bunch there and was cheap and fast delivery

Thanks for your answer. I was thinking that if I like to use it perhaps FT can list those ceramic cups too. I might ask for a product request later.

It's odd that nobody talked about this when it was released. Maybe it was released at the wrong time and people didn't really bother about it but now it just seems to be something I need because everything else is just the same over and over again. This is something different that makes it possible to easily build vertical coils.

I'm glad I noticed OP posting this because I don't know if I ever would've known about this RTA unless I really start talking about building vertical coils. :D

"The Truth Is Out There"
#16 (permalink)      5/14/2019 8:47:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1462
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1258
It cost a fair few cents when it came out. Not Taifun/Hurricane pricing or anything, but it wasn't six bucks and change either. The frustration factor to price ratio wasn't good. Go back and check the reviews from the time (on YouTube and vape sites, not the product reviews here) - they were all along the lines of "pretty good, but there's no way I'm putting up with all of that". We'd just gotten past the era of compulsory NR-R-NR, eighteen o-rings to take off and put back on, along with four locking rings with questionable thread engagement; we weren't lining up for fiddly again.
#17 (permalink)      5/14/2019 8:48:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndrekO
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos10
I wonder if you can squeeze in some 30x2/40 claptons or the metal sleeves won't fit?
#18 (permalink)      5/14/2019 10:07:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 762
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos548
+1 details
essellar wrote:

It cost a fair few cents when it came out. Not Taifun/Hurricane pricing or anything, but it wasn't six bucks and change either. The frustration factor to price ratio wasn't good. Go back and check the reviews from the time (on YouTube and vape sites, not the product reviews here) - they were all along the lines of "pretty good, but there's no way I'm putting up with all of that". We'd just gotten past the era of compulsory NR-R-NR, eighteen o-rings to take off and put back on, along with four locking rings with questionable thread engagement; we weren't lining up for fiddly again.

And it was probably the same time that people rebuild Atlantis and Subtank coils so nobody really cared.

A couple of youtube videos that are worth watching to make it a bit easier to rebuild it.

"The Truth Is Out There"
#19 (permalink)      5/14/2019 12:10:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 198
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos116
+1 details
You're right. This tank came out at the same time as the Kanger Toptank, and Atlantis. Everyone was into the RBA's and rebuilding Kanger coils. Most people found it way too fidly, too much work.
At that time I had just learned to build coils and realy liked to build them in all sorts and kinds. That's why I liked this Aqua FX so much. I spend I don't know how many nights building this thing haha.

In the video of Vic, he builds it with normal cotton pads. It works, but the cotton clothing pieces from footoon work better, and stay way more clean.

I bought the ceramic cubs here https://www.footoon.com/product-page/fics

And here I bought a big piece of the cloth cotton. https://www.footoon.com/product-page/ultra-thin-layered-cotton-for-aqua-ux-fx
I still have it laying around. One 3 dollar piece is enough for the rest of your life :)

@IndrekO You might be onto something there. I'm pretty sure MTL Clapton wire like 30x2/40 will work. I've build this lots of times with 24 Nichrome 80 and 22G would work too. So a thin Clapton would work for sure.

Edited on 5/14/2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
#20 (permalink)      5/14/2019 12:57:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 762
  • Reviews 59
  • Kudos548
It's good to know we can order the ceramic coil housing from the Footoon shop if they don't find their way to FT.
"The Truth Is Out There"
#21 (permalink)      5/15/2019 1:28:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
IndrekO
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos10
It's good to know that it can use 22/24G wire. 20/22G are my go to round wire gauges. What is the highest wattage you have pushed through this while the wicking can still keep up and it doesn't get too hot yet?