shopping cart empty
Another firmware for VTC Cuboid
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/4/2016 6:49:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161

without a spacer my 510 (VTC) would be dead by now.

are you speaking of those little black rings of PVC, I think they are, that sell here for about $7 a package?

If so, how does that help?
I was never able to have ANY attys work once I put those on an atty?
I thought they were too thick so the 510 connections did not work.

Perhaps I should dig them out and try again on one of these mods, cuboid or vtc?

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#12 (permalink)      5/4/2016 6:56:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2895
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2243
+1 details
only if you have atomisers with pin that's too long.

I see some people screwing and screwing thinking it's o.k. :/ A light touch is best.

That won't fix the SS/TC problem.

sushi6 wrote:

any slightly loose connection or unspaced coils and it will do weird shit.

I've received atomiser short, 0.05ohms when coil was 0.2, power output jumped a massive amount almost melting SS coil, jump to VW mode, all these happened from a slightly loose connection or unspaced coil.

edit> also a copper 510 pin needed polishing on an Aeolus. 2 minutes on a piece of paper solved it.

Edited on 5/4/2016 at 7:06 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      5/4/2016 7:07:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tonypp
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2572
  • Reviews 199
  • Kudos1619
When I saw this thread, I was like, pfffft... I'm not getting this update.

3 minutes later, it's on both my mods :)

I'll never use it, but hey, they took the time to make it.
#14 (permalink)      5/4/2016 7:19:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2895
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2243
It could save your life. Great for when you are almost bored to death and have nothing but your VTC.
#15 (permalink)      5/4/2016 7:21:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4882
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos5227
+2 details
I have 2 VTC Minis and like them, but I think logos are unnecessary and video games with it is just dumb. What are they thinking!

Edited on 5/4/2016 at 7:22 AM. Reason:
Battlestar 200W + Dvarw MTL + SS316L + Muji + 0.80ohms = MTL Perfection
#16 (permalink)      5/4/2016 7:28:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2895
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2243
+1 details
FoxVape wrote:

I have 2 VTC Minis and like them, but I think logos are unnecessary and video games with it is just dumb.

Sacrilege
I was ecstatic when I found out linux could be loaded onto an ipod. Modifying any firmware leads to happy.

#17 (permalink)      5/4/2016 7:32:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vazek
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 107
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos66
FoxVape wrote:

I have 2 VTC Minis and like them, but I think logos are unnecessary and video games with it is just dumb. What are they thinking!

They litteraly had nothing to do since it's users who made them, so no ressources "wasted" on this, win/win even if you're not using it.

#18 (permalink)      5/4/2016 8:07:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4796
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
ShelaghStone wrote:

without a spacer my 510 (VTC) would be dead by now.

are you speaking of those little black rings of PVC, I think they are, that sell here for about $7 a package?

Perhaps I should dig them out and try again on one of these mods, cuboid or vtc?

The VTC has a very shallow 510, not much travel.
The spacers to me only work with longer 510 attys (magister and vertex mini if I recall correctly)
I'm thinking about sanding one of the spacers to reduce thickness and help other attys that have gap witout and do not connect with them.

Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#19 (permalink)      5/4/2016 10:06:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Seanchai
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos541
+1 details

ShelaghStone wrote:

I've never understood why people screw around with plastic spacers when they could be using an actual heat sink, like SKU 3538506. Heat sinks aren't much more expensive, and rather than having a thin piece of plastic which might or might not shore up your 510 connection and might or might not sort out a gap, you have something that will keep your atty/mod a bit cooler, has its own adjustable 510 pin with insulator, and keeps juice out of your mod 510. My TC builds always have a rock solid connection since I put heat sinks on all of my mods, because I can adjust the heatsink 510 if need be to get that connection working properly... plus it saves wear on my mod 510 connections, and I don't have to remember to wipe juice and/or condensation out of my 510 a few times a day, to boot.

Yes, it adds a few mm of height to the atty/tank, but if that's the price of admission for not getting juice in my mods, not wearing out the 510s of my mods, and having solid TC that *never* boots me back into power mode for no reason, then I'm okay with that.

Edited on 5/4/2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      5/4/2016 10:26:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
joaopra
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4796
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4101
+1 details
^
I have both heatsinks and spacers.

One cannot compare one to another honestly. The added bulk and weight are very, very noticeable.
The first heat sink things did not have any adjustment.

I never clean my 510 during the day, condensation will build on there regardless how much you clean it.

My heatsinks never left the house in my carry around setup for example.
Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#21 (permalink)      5/4/2016 10:29:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4882
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos5227
+2 details
Vazek wrote:

They litteraly had nothing to do since it's users who made them, so no ressources "wasted" on this, win/win even if you're not using it.

Sometimes when you continue and try to add new features, really what you do is screw things up. At version 3.0, they made it damn near perfect. After that, they have screwed with a very good product. The only thing that can make the VTC better is to include SKU 3443201 with it.

Battlestar 200W + Dvarw MTL + SS316L + Muji + 0.80ohms = MTL Perfection