shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

DANGEROUS PRODUCT
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/30/2015 10:19:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Clapton
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 598
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos317
+1 details
Christopher_B wrote:

The products was taken back to vape cige for an update on variuos things, so it should be ok when you get yours ;-)

It'll still be a beta board for a while yet

#22 (permalink)      8/30/2015 1:51:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 936
  • Reviews 352
  • Kudos905
+1 details
With the amps these batteries put out when shorting even a momentary contact with a metal surface will effectively weld the terminals to that surface. Trust me, i've done it with a Samsung 25R whilst changing the wrap. OP has a very valid point..
More sense than money.....
#23 (permalink)      8/30/2015 2:11:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3703
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5357
+1 details
ppeeble wrote:

With the amps these batteries put out when shorting even a momentary contact with a metal surface will effectively weld the terminals to that surface. Trust me, i've done it with a Samsung 25R whilst changing the wrap. OP has a very valid point..

Exactly why they were recalled. Vapecige will be installing a female connector from the lipo and press fitting the 510 connector. Things they should have done in the first place...

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#24 (permalink)      8/30/2015 2:24:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18265
+1 details
Whilst I agree with the posts highlighting other prosaic items that are dangerous, and acknowledge that what we do in general carries risks, I do understand the OP's sentiments, not least because I have zero experience with lipos. I think we need to consider a few things:

1/ Not using a female connector makes charging it outside the mod difficult. Ironically this could be a move done in the name of safety, which would be ludicrous. If you're not aware of the inherent risks associated with lipos, you're not going to see the one created by a male connector.

2/ Vapers are not always the brightest of folk. How many of us can recite endless takes about noobs cooking off trustfire batteries, or killing a VTC and the magnets in a 4nine?

3/ Whilst I like to think I'm smarter than the average bear, I would never have noticed this without it being pointed out.

4/ If you're daft enough to buy an ugly assed bawks mawd with a 200 wart Evolv chip in it, it's clear you're not the sharpest tool in the box. There's some argument for such people being forced to use blunt nksed scissors, let alone a potentially explosive battery.

5/ One thing I do know about lipos is that when they do let go (even if that's rare and something requiring some effort on the part of the user) they do so in an exciting way - a pant fillingly exciting way.

I don't know about removing them from sale, but maybe some clear warnings need to be placed in the manual, if only for the manufacturer's liability. Though they're in china, and essentially untouchable as far as we capitalist impirialist round eyed pig dogs are concerned.

Edited on 8/30/2015 at 2:25 PM. Reason:
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#25 (permalink)      8/30/2015 2:32:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2031
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2060
[b]You are so right Truckin that's what I heard too but was not sure. and yes this what they should have done in the 1st place.[/b]
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#26 (permalink)      8/30/2015 2:33:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10486
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8047
+1 details
It is the same with the exploding istick 50 melting Cloupor, auto firing ipv mini 2 and 4. Nothing new, move on instead of complaining about a potential risk and ignore the existing.

Edited on 8/30/2015 at 3:24 PM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      9/6/2015 2:25:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ghoofy
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 139
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos47
Hardware on dna 200 is final. All updates from now on will be software.
#28 (permalink)      9/6/2015 2:58:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10970
+1 details
I haven't followed DNA200's progress, but until somebody makes a reasonably priced, good looking, twin 18650 mod, they're half-baked efforts, IMO.
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#29 (permalink)      9/9/2015 6:35:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
robby
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 646
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos328
I have one of these and after taking it to bits, the 510 connector is not glued which is good, but the connector is not changed to a female on the battery. This should really be taken off sales immediately. Maybe even screw down that battery cover with security screws and warn buyers of the dangers of messing with this mod. As it is, it is fine if you dont take the battery out, no way that the connector can come apart, it`s just too snug a fit. I did not get it here.

Edited on 9/9/2015 at 6:36 AM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      9/10/2015 7:05:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
badinfluence357
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I was going to pay for 2 boxes for me and my son that I just converter into vaping but this is a total disgrace.
How on earth can someone drop almost $400 on garbage like that. I'm glad I waited to see more of this box and got another box instead. I would've lost my mind if I was to receive a box like that. "Will not buy" until l I see the proper corrections made on that box, from 510 to magnets, to switch and protection of the board.... I was thinking that maybe they intended to sale a diy, mod it yourself, modders edition box,"The add glue yourself 200 mod".
How on earth would you put threading on a switch ring and not on a 510 connection? I feel that they knew about it but figured they'll just sale it anyway to get as much money back as they can for the damaged goods...
#31 (permalink)      9/10/2015 7:16:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10486
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8047
I doubt this honestly and I think they really got in trouble. What I heard is that most ppl that had problems got a new box and were able to keep the old one. Thats not how one makes money... At least I doubt that they have are still in the black with sending out 2 boxes for the price of one and get max. $100 from the distributor. 2x DNA200 should be even in resell close to $100 alone.

Let's assume the really fix the 510 somehow, change the contacts, fix the magnets and the button (both is not really a problem, but however). Then they'd be back in business and make $$$. Everyone knows about the flaws already, they won't sell anything as long as this is not fixed.

Edited on 9/10/2015 at 7:17 AM. Reason: