shopping cart empty
The right TCR
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      12/21/2016 8:47:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3636
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5206

Also, I guess the problem is the coil again. It's having hotspots in the end of the coil, like in tyhe last wrap of one side. Even using it in temp mode

Another reason to prefer contact coils. Pulse em, pinch em, vape em... ;)
They always glow from the inside out... Not the outside in. Lol

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#82 (permalink)      12/21/2016 5:47:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HybridMask
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1353
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos337
+1 details
TruckinVapor wrote:

Also, I guess the problem is the coil again. It's having hotspots in the end of the coil, like in tyhe last wrap of one side. Even using it in temp mode
Another reason to prefer contact coils. Pulse em, pinch em, vape em... ;)
They always glow from the inside out... Not the outside in. Lol

But with contact coils the temp control will not work properly, right?

#83 (permalink)      12/21/2016 7:35:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3636
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5206
HybridMask wrote:

I've never had a problem with stainless steel (304, 316/L, 317/L, 430) contact coils working properly in temp control.

Still advisable to only pulse at low wattage and pinch or strum the coil between pulses. You'll notice when the coil is ready... It'll have a soft orange glow from the center wraps. Diminishing as it radiates outwards towards each end of the coil. Hence the phrase... "glowing from the inside out". After it cools, it's ready for wick!

If you ever plan on using Ni200 or Titanium wire in TC. Never pulse and only use spaced coils.

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#84 (permalink)      12/21/2016 8:43:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HybridMask
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1353
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos337
TruckinVapor wrote:

HybridMask wrote:

I've never had a problem with stainless steel (304, 316/L, 317/L, 430) contact coils working properly in temp control.

Still advisable to only pulse at low wattage and pinch or strum the coil between pulses. You'll notice when the coil is ready... It'll have a soft orange glow from the center wraps. Diminishing as it radiates outwards towards each end of the coil. Hence the phrase... "glowing from the inside out". After it cools, it's ready for wick!

If you ever plan on using Ni200 or Titanium wire in TC. Never pulse and only use spaced coils.

I will try a contact coil next. Also, is it normal to SS 316L to chance color? When I glow it I use power in 20W and not for much time, just fo the coil to glor evenly and then that's it, but the color of the SS changes for come dark red, if i am not mistaken.

Also, when you use SS316L what tcr do you use? Or you use presettings of your device?