shopping cart empty
316L Really Does Taste Better
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/7/2016 3:49:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
virtualeyes
Member
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 590
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos707
+2 details
Gresham wrote:

whats tcr value for 316L?



0.000879. The wire wizard on steam engine shows precise TCR values for all the different wire types.

Edit: ninja'd by auzi, those values are correct


Edited on 1/7/2016 at 3:53 PM. Reason:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
#12 (permalink)      1/7/2016 4:46:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
Member
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3070
i'm going to go for these ss clapton wire. Prolly the 28/32 one. Been wanting to test them for use directly on cable wicks without intervening layers of mesh.
#13 (permalink)      1/11/2016 3:39:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
GabyDu
Member
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 363
  • Reviews 409
  • Kudos126
I am using a contact coil and it works great. 0,3 ohms and 220 Celsius.
#14 (permalink)      1/11/2016 4:38:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Aschzzz
Member
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
This wire is softer than the othe 316 I have got from here. I like buying the UD wire because I assume it goes through a few more QC checks. This is pretty much the same price as the other wire here.
nothing to see here
#15 (permalink)      1/11/2016 6:22:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
digitally_vaporized
Member
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 1251
  • Reviews 144
  • Kudos800
Aschzzz wrote:

This wire is softer than the othe 316 I have got from here. I like buying the UD wire because I assume it goes through a few more QC checks. This is pretty much the same price as the other wire here.


Yea well, about that QC (tl;dr: 0.29mm wire sold as 0.32mm wire). That's why I just ordered the more expensive MKWS wire, in the hope that the extra dollar gets me the full spec.

#16 (permalink)      1/15/2016 8:01:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vadim90
Member
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
Who on what temperature limit vaping it?
#17 (permalink)      1/15/2016 9:22:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
ShelaghStone
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
I read ECF a few days ago and saw much mention of something called 403 wire, I think it was? People were talking about the resistance jumping on SS and had been buying this SS and working with it for some time, that it was better, etc.

They were getting it from the same place i got my 316L, in the US - u will all know the name Unka....anyone here know anything about this SS wire being used?


Glad to hear you got it working PuffCabby. By smooth, I assume you mean "creamy?"
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#18 (permalink)      1/15/2016 10:26:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
TopCat
Member
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 89
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos62
+2 details
Tom_moro wrote:

viking65 wrote:GabyDu wrote:Hi Puff, do you make contact coils or spaced?Thanks.Being they are using it in TC mode (Temp control)they should be spaced coils.In VW it doesn't matter.I know you need spaced coils for nickel but I was under the impression that was because of it's insanely low resistance and likelihood of a short across the coil more than anything? I've been using contact coils in ss temp control and they have been working flawlessly, I'll admit I'm using 316l on an rx200 which I believe is set to 304 as a default so I have had to increase the temperature setting to compensate for the different coefficient but I've been getting a really nice satisfying vape and been able to vape my wicks completely dry without any burning or dry hits on various tanks and drippers, all using contact coils. I'm not saying you are wrong I'm just asking in case I'm missing something. I've been using wattage mode to pinch and tweak the coils just as I would a kanthal coil to remove any hot-spots then wicking them up and switching to temp mode absolutely no issues so far in fact up until I started using ss wire I was really not a big fan of temp control at all now I'm a full convert and am in the process of replacing all my builds with ss, like the op I find the flavour to be an improvement.



You can use contact coils (gently pulsed), for TC but... the temperature is measured as the average across the wire but the inside of the coil will get hotter than the outside. I don't know the figures, but I can imagine set at 220°C, it could be 240°C in the centre and 200°C at the edges. A spaced coil will have a much more even temperature across the coil. That's not to say a wide range of temperatures wouldn't improve the flavour - I suspect this depends on the complexity of the juice. Personally I prefer the slightly cleaner taste from spaced coils, but I do tend to use simple flavours.

I too only use SS now. The taste is marginally better but it's the flexibility of using SS in VW or TC mode that caused me to ditch all the other types of wire.

Now where can I find gold plated (or rolled) SS316 wire?

#19 (permalink)      1/15/2016 1:53:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Puff_Cabby
Member
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
ShelaghStone wrote:




Glad to hear you got it working PuffCabby. By smooth, I assume you mean "creamy?"




More a case of cleaner and no harsh hits (not dry hits different type of hit) bit like having two rides in a cab, one driver is silky and you hardly notice the gear changes and the other thinks the cars name is Skippy where your body is being mixed like a cocktail ;-)


Linear delivery I believe is the correct term for it.