shopping cart empty
Post Your TC Builds
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/7/2016 6:21:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Seanchai
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos541
Puff_Cabby wrote:

Been there, that one is normally wicking, if the wick doesn't keep up it goes dry virtually in a second and protection mode kicks in, not sure how you will get round it as I've not got a subtank myself so all I can suggest is to read up on a subtank mini and how those that use high VG wick one, hth.

Could be the wicking as well, but if it vapes okay in wattage mode I'd suspect the post screws first. @dsp4life, how are you wicking it? There are a few different ways to do it that all work, but I get the best results like this:

Run the cotton through the coil, making sure it's snug but not enough to move the coil as you pull it through.

Hold both ends of the cotton vertically and drop the barrel back over the top, then tighten down the barrel.

Trim the cotton about 1-2mm higher than the barrel.

Using a small pointy element (tweezers, blue screwdriver, etc) tuck the ends of the cotton back down inside on each side of the deck. Don't pack it down tightly, but make sure it's sitting down on the deck and snugged up against the holes on the barrel.

Make sure the cotton is clear of the top threads, then screw on the top cap of the RBA deck.

Using the same pointy element as before, gently push against the cotton you can see through the holes. If you have enough cotton in there, it shouldn't move out of place - you're just pushing it back from the holes a teeny, tiny, non-visible amount, which helps it to wick better with high VG juices.

Hope that helps on the wicking front.

#12 (permalink)      3/7/2016 7:02:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
Thx for the help and suggestions
I am at work now will update when i am home again
#13 (permalink)      3/7/2016 1:12:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
Found the problem in the coil and made a new one (short in the coil)

But the new coil i put together is build "perfect"
So i wicked it put juice on it and @ 150C vaping like a madman
So 2nd draw no more vape i put the temp higher @180 and vaping
3rd draw no vape and put the temp higher 200 again good
4rd draw after letting it cool down freaking hot ......popping like crazy in wattage it stays the same all the way

Now all this is on my rx200 i am gonna try it now on the cuboid to see if the same problems happens there

Testing and typing...on the cuboid @100C its popping hard like fireworks ...i realy dont understand this :S
#14 (permalink)      3/7/2016 1:51:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
Think i know what the problem is

No matter what i try (searched the internet also lot of people with the same problem) i need to get the message "new coil" no matter what i try on the rx200 or the cuboid i cant get the message

I switched my subtank to the cuboid and after trying i switched back my uwell and have to put it now on 310C to get vapor production (it no longer vapes @ 240C)

So how do i get the new coil message ???
#15 (permalink)      3/7/2016 2:32:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
dsp4life wrote:

Think i know what the problem is

No matter what i try (searched the internet also lot of people with the same problem) i need to get the message "new coil" no matter what i try on the rx200 or the cuboid i cant get the message

I switched my subtank to the cuboid and after trying i switched back my uwell and have to put it now on 310C to get vapor production (it no longer vapes @ 240C)

So how do i get the new coil message ???

Put the mod into SS mode and loosen the atty off a few turns, now fire the mod about 5 times each time to get the no atty message, now tighten the atty back on to the mod and first fire should give you the new coil choice, press the right side of the button to select new coil, BOOM!

Edited on 3/7/2016 at 2:32 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      3/7/2016 2:58:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
Not working :S

Sometimes it kicks straight in temp protection and sometimes it get so freaking hot :(

Off for some sleep for now i get back tomorrow
#17 (permalink)      3/7/2016 3:08:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Seanchai
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos541
dsp4life wrote:

Not working :S

Sometimes it kicks straight in temp protection and sometimes it get so freaking hot :(

Off for some sleep for now i get back tomorrow

It sounds like you're not locking your resistance. With both the mod and the atty at room temp, turn your mod on and fire a few times to get the no atty message as Puff explained. Then screw the atty on and fire again, then select new coil. Then, before you start vaping, press and hold fire and the up button at the same time. Hold for 5 seconds or until you see a little padlock symbol next to your resistance.

Temp control works by measuring the difference between the temperature of the board and the resistance of your coil (temp control wires rise in resistance as they heat up). Locking your resistance tells the mod to always measure the difference based on what resistance the coil started out as. Otherwise, the mod is constantly recalculating as the coil heats up and cools down again, leading to an inconsistent vape.

#18 (permalink)      3/7/2016 6:25:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/?sid=171

Make sure you are on the latest FW, 3.11

Once you are be in 316SS mode, set the power to about 30-35w by three presses on the fire button and press the left side of the dual button at the bottom, adjust by pressing the right side of the dual button once the power selection is flashing, you can on the latest FW press .1 upwards and then roll back down if you overshoot, no need to go to 200w and round again anymore, once you have set your power setting left side on the dual button once then right side once, this then locks your coil resistance, fire button to exit and vape away,

Thx Sean for the explanation about the Cuboid constantly adjusting if you don't lock the resistance as I'd not considered that at the time.

Smart Mode is good also, it works out your ideal watts based on the coil in the atty, mines a 0.6 and it says 29w and the vape is so good as well, just notching it up 3 watts I can taste the difference and it's not better either, seems to hit a right flavour sweet spot on the auto detect in a Lemo 2 that is.

Edited on 3/7/2016 at 6:47 PM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      3/8/2016 11:42:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
Well i had succes 2 times for getting the new coil message
I know how to do the lock resictence etc. but the "new coil" message is just not coming you have to be lucky or make another build that is far away from your current build (ohm.)

I realy hope we get something in the new firmware to go directly to the "new coil message" much easier..

For now i can vape and it seems to work.....
#20 (permalink)      8/24/2016 7:21:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cyberbobs
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0

Fused 2 x 26AWG UD SS316L + 38AWG Nichrome on my Limitless RDTA

It was a huge surprise for me when I couldn't start this build on TC neither on my Efusion Duo DNA200, nor on RX200. The problem was that stainless steel wire from UD had the TCR graph that is closer to SS304 than to SS316. After updating my DNA200 profile and RX200 TCR value to match SS304 wire everything started working like a charm.

I don't really know, whether it was wire itself or the additional wrapping wire making such a huge difference, but that's my solution for the problem. Maybe it will be useful to someone having the same problems.

Edited on 8/24/2016 at 7:23 AM. Reason: added the atomizer model information