shopping cart empty
Post Your TC Builds
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/13/2015 9:37:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
Post Your TC Builds
Hi, for those using this wire as TC coils and to make a good ref point for others could you post your builds in full,

I'll do a template so just copy & paste it in a reply after you fill in the figures

Tank -

Mod -

Single or Dual or Beyond Coil/s -

TC -

Watts -

Coil Inner Diameter -

AWG -

Wraps -

Final Resistance -

Verdict -

Thx.

Edited on 11/13/2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      12/5/2015 4:12:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
Best be posting some hadn't I?

All being used on the VTC mini

Lemo 2 Single coil

8 wraps

3.mm pole

Results in 0.68 ohm coil

Haze Mini RDA Dual Coil

9 wraps per side

3mm pole

Results in 0.38 ohm coil

Blasting away 450F in SS TC mode

50 watts

Good plume, satisfactory taste no better or worse than normal imo.
#3 (permalink)      12/7/2015 4:28:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LutherBlissett
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11510
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos14351
+1 details
EDIT: Oops, wrong wire! :)

Edited on 12/7/2015 at 5:21 PM. Reason:
No FT. No comment. __________ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVQawEZ2uuw
#4 (permalink)      12/7/2015 5:14:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rperelli
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 142
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos97
After some trial & error i've found these are my favourite setups in TC

Tank - SubTank mini

Mod - VTC Mini

TC - 420F in SS TC Mode

Coil Inner Diameter - 2,5mm

AWG - 26

Wraps - 6

Final Resistance - 0,41

Tank - Silverplay

Mod - VTC Mini

TC - 440F in SS TC Mode

Coil Inner Diameter - 2,5mm

AWG - 28

Wraps - 7

Final Resistance - 0,34
#5 (permalink)      12/7/2015 6:10:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TopCat
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 89
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos62
+3 details
repost of https://www.fasttech.com/forums/3784501/t/1929605/aromamizer-316-ss

Fiber Freaks Lyocell Cellulose Fil Yarn wick
2 x 6.5 wraps spaced coil
2.5mm ID
26g MKWS 316 SS (from FT)
0.21 Ohms total
Aromamizer RDTA (from FT)
VTC mini
240C (460F)
40W

3mg 60/40 VG/PG Red Astair

#6 (permalink)      3/6/2016 2:25:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
Did not want to start a new topic so i ask it here since you are all using SS wire

Problem i have is this

I made a SS coil 3mm 8 or 9 wraps coming @ 0.53 ohm
put it in my subtank mini and tried it on my cuboid and rx200
normaly i vape in TC with my crown @ 240C and its great (premade ss coils)

Now on my selfmade coil its not even producing vape @250C i have to crank it up to 300C to get something and even then its not great

What am i doing wrong here ?
#7 (permalink)      3/6/2016 3:37:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
If you are doing anything wrong which I don't think you are it's having the watts too low, try a mid 30w's and also fire the Cubiod a few times without an atty on it and select new coil when it asks hth.
#8 (permalink)      3/6/2016 11:54:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dsp4life
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 289
  • Reviews 81
  • Kudos109
The problem i am having is the message "temp protection" (tried watts from 30 to 50)
When in wattage mode it vapes "ok"
#9 (permalink)      3/7/2016 5:52:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3893
dsp4life wrote:

The problem i am having is the message "temp protection" (tried watts from 30 to 50)
When in wattage mode it vapes "ok"

Been there, that one is normally wicking, if the wick doesn't keep up it goes dry virtually in a second and protection mode kicks in, not sure how you will get round it as I've not got a subtank myself so all I can suggest is to read up on a subtank mini and how those that use high VG wick one, hth.

#10 (permalink)      3/7/2016 6:08:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Seanchai
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos541
dsp4life, temp protection is only a problem if it's affecting your vape experience; i.e. if you can feel the vape cutting in and out, or if it's too cool for your liking. If it vapes fine, then "temp protection" is just the mod letting you know that it's throttling back the wattage to maintain the temperature you want, which is exactly what it's supposed to do.

That said, you've definitely got a problem somewhere, as you should definitely be getting good vapor production at those temps - I can take mine all the way down to 175C and still get loads of vapor.

I would doublecheck all your connections - those screws on the subtank mini RBA don't always trap the wire well, and the 510 pin is press fit so it can mess up a TC experience as well. Tighten your screws down and make sure the RBA is screwed into the deck well, then try it again.

If that still doesn't fix it, I'd try completely redoing the build; again, having built on the subtank mini RBA about 200 times now, it's those screws to trap the wire I would instantly suspect is causing the problem, and if tightening the screws doesn't fix it, it will be easier to do a complete rebuild since you can leave the legs long and use those to really pull the wire underneath the screw head until you're 100% sure you've got the legs solidly trapped.

I assume you're running the most recent firmware? If not, do that as well since they've adjusted the SS algorithm a few times now.

My build:

Tank – SKU 3990801 (Black Crius clone)

Mod - Evic vtc mini

Single or Dual or Beyond Coil/s – dual vertical, 316L SS

TC – 210 C

Watts - 50

Coil Inner Diameter – 2.5mm

AWG - 28

Wraps – 6 1/2

Final Resistance – 0.37

Verdict – rewicking this build is a bit of a faff - have to put small vertical bits of cotton into the wick ring and between the posts. Then trim to size a piece of the firmer outside layer of a piece of muji/koh-gen-do, and wrap tightly all the way round the deck, making sure it’s touching the outside surface of your coils; adding a drop or two of juice as you go helps keep everything in place. Trim the top edges back if necessary, make sure the coils are directly centred over the airholes and you can see straight down through them (no cotton covering the tops of the coils), then carefully screw the chimney on. It looks a great deal like many of the factory multi-coil subtank heads when you’re done, except with less cotton. All of this is, however, a faff that’s *completely* worth it to me... no leaking, good airflow, can chain vape with no dry hits, and the flavour is off the charts. Amazingly, I easily get two weeks out of my wicking with this build, whereas with a horizontal one I’m lucky to get 4 days.
#11 (permalink)      3/7/2016 6:21:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Seanchai
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 396
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos541
Puff_Cabby wrote:

Been there, that one is normally wicking, if the wick doesn't keep up it goes dry virtually in a second and protection mode kicks in, not sure how you will get round it as I've not got a subtank myself so all I can suggest is to read up on a subtank mini and how those that use high VG wick one, hth.

Could be the wicking as well, but if it vapes okay in wattage mode I'd suspect the post screws first. @dsp4life, how are you wicking it? There are a few different ways to do it that all work, but I get the best results like this:

Run the cotton through the coil, making sure it's snug but not enough to move the coil as you pull it through.

Hold both ends of the cotton vertically and drop the barrel back over the top, then tighten down the barrel.

Trim the cotton about 1-2mm higher than the barrel.

Using a small pointy element (tweezers, blue screwdriver, etc) tuck the ends of the cotton back down inside on each side of the deck. Don't pack it down tightly, but make sure it's sitting down on the deck and snugged up against the holes on the barrel.

Make sure the cotton is clear of the top threads, then screw on the top cap of the RBA deck.

Using the same pointy element as before, gently push against the cotton you can see through the holes. If you have enough cotton in there, it shouldn't move out of place - you're just pushing it back from the holes a teeny, tiny, non-visible amount, which helps it to wick better with high VG juices.

Hope that helps on the wicking front.