Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

WOW !
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/20/2015 5:15:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skullseeker
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 162
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos108
+1 details
WOW !
What a novel idea, who would ever of thought of making coils around a screwdriver stem....these damn inscrutable Chinese, with their very clever ways......!

I can imagine the conversation went this way,"So what are they using to make coils ? what screwdrivers !!! Oh my good we have got to help them out and make a dedicated coiling unit that will simplify things for them and maybe, hmmmm, include a couple of screwdrivers in with it". So $13 later we are still essentially wrapping coils around a screwdriver, but boy O boy it does look darn priddy.

(Face palm) in the basket it goes, well it does have UD stamped on it so it must be better than my domestic screwdrivers.
The joys of success far out weigh the despair of defeat
#2 (permalink)      8/20/2015 8:03:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MikeyRobez
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 219
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos70
+1 details
Idk how well that 3.5mm is going to wrap. The spacing of the winding screw is much wider from the 3.5 than the others. It might make some sloppy coils, it might work just fine. For God's sake Jim, I'm a doctor, not a pool man.
You always gotta ask yourself, is the juice worth the squeeze?
#3 (permalink)      8/20/2015 1:07:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YetiVapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1431
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos1056
MikeyRobez wrote:

The spacing of the winding screw

I use everything from 24-32 gauge wire, and in my experience that spacing is really important... and it's dependent on wire gauge, not coil diameter, so I don't think this design is very good.

Not to mention I feel like it would be slightly awkward to wind with the offset holes.

I'm not a pool man either, so I could be wrong.

Edited on 8/20/2015 at 1:08 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      8/20/2015 1:17:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MikeyRobez
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 219
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos70
YetiVapor wrote:

I'm not a pool man either

Are there any pool men here that could help us out?
I wasn’t saying anything about that specific diameter, I was just saying that the spacing looked a bit far. So since the spacing is different on all of those, I bet one will work well and the others will mess up the coils.
And good point, the offset holes will probably be annoying. The simple Kuro Koiler is your best bet. Don’t get one that does all 3 or 4. Buy each one individually. I got the 2.5mm and 3.0mm before they came to FT. I barely ever use the 2.5. But they both make perfect coils every time.

You always gotta ask yourself, is the juice worth the squeeze?
#5 (permalink)      8/20/2015 7:53:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Evilbeast
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 291
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos115
Personally,I'm waiting til they clone the new Coil Master v3...They lengthened the coiling rods and the whole unit, and have more sizes. Hopefully they get to it eventually but honestly I can wait...My older style UD coiler (SKU 2675400) does the job just fine for now.

Edited on 8/20/2015 at 7:53 PM. Reason: