shopping cart empty
Finally...BUT....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/27/2015 8:26:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gordong11
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos40
+2 details
Finally...BUT....
Finally a TC mod, 60w or less, from a major manufacturer with a 4000mAh battery (or 2x 18650/1x 26650) or higher. This what I have been waiting for but what the heck, a fiddly menu system without being firmware upgradable and a proprietary chip. I've seen the reviews but I'm a bit hesitant especially at this price point. Not that it's expensive, just $10-$15 more than I want to spend. This menu system can be improved, so I'm not sure of worth waiting for. I know it's being a bit picky but it kind of seems like a pain at times to use the menu.

I have the iStick 50w and the huge battery life has spoiled me, and I don't want to carry my charger or a spare battery with me. I wish more <60w TC mods had a larger battery capacity.

Just a minor rant, my apologies but I want a TC mod, and hate to settle on something I'm not completely sold on. Especially when I don't need a nice paint job for the extra $$.

Cheers. Just voicing my opinion in the hopes a manufacturer is reading.

Edited on 7/27/2015 at 8:28 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      7/27/2015 9:45:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
apoczen211
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 427
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos328
+1 details
Doubt they'll read this, but I totally agree with you. A USB port with no firmware update capability is freaking stupid. I'd look at the ipv3 li if I were you.
No one dies a virgin, life fcks us all...
#3 (permalink)      7/27/2015 11:31:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gordong11
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 129
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos40
apoczen211 wrote:

Doubt they'll read this, but I totally agree with you. A USB port with no firmware update capability is freaking stupid. I'd look at the ipv3 li if I were you.

Yea, especially when it's a new chip. Not like it's a DNA40. There bound to be bugs and they know it

#4 (permalink)      8/2/2015 1:32:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Akennedy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos9
+1 details
I've had mine for a month now and it works well. I've not had it pop out of temp mode yet. I use it with my subtank mini with the rba head. The menu is odd at first but after using it for a couple days I got the hang of it and now its easy. The battery life is great I get a few days out of it. I paid 55 for mine.