shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Kayfun poly tank fitment.....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/19/2015 12:50:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
Kayfun poly tank fitment.....
Damn it !

I said I wouldn't get the stumpy rose until they listed the poly tank section here, But after staring at the photos for ages I decided that it looked like the Kayfun tank section would fit, So I ordered one.

Incase anyone else has this idea.... No, They don't fit properly.

The threads are about the same diameter, But courser on the rose and the length of tank that's threaded is a fare bit shorter. You CAN screw a Kayfun poly tank on a few turns, But then it jams up a couple of millimetres before you get the O-ring to seal, So I think I might try shaving a little off the length of a Kayfun poly tank section at some point to see if that allows it to fit well enough to use.

It sounds dodgy, But as the rose has the one piece chimney/drip tip supporting the tank laterally all the threads on the tank have to do is hold the tank parts together tight enough for the O-ring to seal. I'm guessing it should work.

I'll post here when I get around to trying this.
UK
#2 (permalink)      8/19/2015 1:09:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
Mr_Reman wrote:

You CAN screw a Kayfun poly tank on a few turns, But then it jams up a couple of millimetres before you get the O-ring to seal,.

I have a couple of rose clones (tobeco) bought elsewhere. The plastic tank sections that came with them did the same, got tight before the seal was made. This was only on one end, don't remember if it was the top threads or bottom. It wasn't due to the length of the threads, dunno what caused it. I just tightened the hell out of it till the o-ring seated. It works fine, and no reason to remove it unless replacing the plastic anyway.
Which kayfun plastic tank are you working with??? I have a standard kayfun, and its plastic tank section is a little shorter than the rose. Can you please give a sku or let me know what tank you are modifiying?
I don't know why FT can't supply the tanks, people have begged for them a long time, so I guess they'll never be available. It is a damn shame.
KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR EXPERIMENTS!

#3 (permalink)      8/19/2015 2:32:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
It's the oem style Kayfun plastic tank section I'm using. They're slightly longer than the stumpy kits poly tank, but they're a little too short to use on the full size rose (The cap's too close to the deck, So the juice control wouldn't open).
UK
#4 (permalink)      8/19/2015 2:53:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
Ahh, Reman, I have the regular size Rose (clone), not the stumpy. This is the reason I never tried a KF tank. You might try forcing the KF tank on, knowing that you won't remove it again, and that it is expendable. If it compresses the O-ring it might work.

Damn, why can't Ft simply sell the tanks. They have no problem getting the whole atomizer. Some chinese guy must be injection molding these by the thousands.
#5 (permalink)      8/19/2015 3:58:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
I think FastTech have come to the conclusion that we'll possibly buy another whole atty when the tank fails...... No chance with me. I'd rather shelve this one than buy a complete atty for one (Semi consumable, But unlisted) part.

There's no chance of Kayfun tanks working on full sized Roses though because they're about 3mm too short to allow the juice control room to move, But I think the stumpy kit should be OK because the extra tank length just means the top cap will be sat a couple of millimetres further up the drip tip.

As you said above, Someone in China is injection molding these in their thousands for the clone attys. Why won't FastTech try to get these tanks in on their own?...... If I get chance tomorrow, I might try asking for info on this using the "Live support" system here. I doubt they'll be able to give me an answer there and then, But it should be quicker than raising a ticket (Though I might do that as well now I think about it).
UK
#6 (permalink)      8/19/2015 4:10:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bev123
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 476
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos194
Thanks much, Reman. I hope your inquiry does some good. I'll stay tuned to see if we can get parts for these attys.