shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Whose rebuilding on this without leaking?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      9/5/2015 3:10:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+1 details
I just edited my last post to reflect what you just said Shelagh :)

.5 ohm builds work best for me at around 25 watts I think. We are all different though. As you have said, what works for one may not work for others :)
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#32 (permalink)      9/5/2015 3:14:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+2 details
willyburger1 wrote:

I have tried a few different builds and styles of wicking with the v1 but imho I feel like vertical coils with the pancake style of wicking is the best for this. I actually learned this method from one of Johnny469's wonderful and informative posts. The flavor is outstanding and not one bit of leaking. I would assume that you could do the same for the v2.

Yes willy, johnny is pretty cleaver with those vert builds. He has peaked my interest in them as well. Good to know this is working for you too. I will definitely start a build with this method as soon as the cooler months slow me down a bit LOL. I know it will take me some time to learn this technique :)

#33 (permalink)      9/5/2015 3:20:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

Weird, not only a double post BUT a triple...First time i have seen that happen here lol

I guess your just good like that LOL. Three for one :D

I seen Mel get four for one :D She has us all beat LOL

#34 (permalink)      9/5/2015 3:48:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+2 details
We ave no quality issues so hurray. Unlike most clones big +..!
Peace
#35 (permalink)      9/5/2015 4:26:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
willyburger1 wrote:

Mine is at almost .4 and at 40 watts is my preference.

Depends on what juice you use as well.
I don't use any tobacco type vapes but dessert or cereal ones and so the particular juice will also partly determine my builds.
For instance, as much as I might love a 0.5 build at 25 watts for my fav Kapt Krunch on the Goliath, on the Lemo 2k I prefer it at about 0.6 ohm and 20 watts.

I like my Vanilla/Custard vapes at 0.9 as well on the Lemo ll as I find 0.5 just that bit too hot. It does better on a slightly cooler vape otherwise there is a hint of a burnt taste in it. I wrap that one on a 3.0 coil I think it is.....
Point being that its not just the atty itself that suggests to me what it should be built at but what flavours respond best wo what heat....

It's all choices I have made simply from experience.
I have one juice that i like specifically on a Nautilus with a 1.16 ohm build as I believe that's the best spot for its best flavour so i can't say I do one wattage, ohm or build on everything across the board but that might just be me. I can't speak for anyone else.

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#36 (permalink)      9/21/2015 8:07:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
I just stumbled onto this video while looking for something else, but found it interesting nonetheless.
It was made with the V1 in mind but if you have a leaky V2, perhaps this will work as well..

UD Goliath You Tube Video-How to fix Leak with a piece of Tape
#37 (permalink)      9/25/2015 3:46:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
iggys wrote:

Michelarm wrote:My screw kept snapping a wire. Does urs.. I replace mine i can tighten it now full . Still not a perfect atty but getting there! Betta than subtank imo.PeaceThis is a recurring issue in many post and the fix tends to be the same.. Pull the screws lightly sand the bottom of sharp edges.. debur the post holes with a file or I use SKU 1986902.. Reassemble and install your build..

Can't say i have had that problem here but that's an interesting trick to remember for when i do, using that coil thingy...Will finally have a use for it as I rarely use it to wrap them with :)

#38 (permalink)      9/25/2015 3:51:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
/sighs, I don't know how you guys can go higher than 30 watts
u guys all under 30 per chance? lol

I think, but am not sure, so only speculating, that past 40 it hurts ur throat a bit more.
If either of you are way past 40, feel free to tell me i am wrong but I just don't think those past 40 can take the hits to the throat as easy as 20+ does.

Same with smoking.
At 20, 30 you don't get a sore throat.
Past 40, u do..

I find if i go past 30 watts on an atty, I tend to cough.
Can occasionally on a RDA go to 40 but that's the only time
#39 (permalink)      9/25/2015 4:20:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
ShelaghStone wrote:

/sighs, I don't know how you guys can go higher than 30 watts
u guys all under 30 per chance? lol

I think, but am not sure, so only speculating, that past 40 it hurts ur throat a bit more.
If either of you are way past 40, feel free to tell me i am wrong but I just don't think those past 40 can take the hits to the throat as easy as 20+ does.

Same with smoking.
At 20, 30 you don't get a sore throat.
Past 40, u do..

I find if i go past 30 watts on an atty, I tend to cough.
Can occasionally on a RDA go to 40 but that's the only time

Increase to 3mm i got major th at 2.5 with 80vg try 3mm still do good throat hitzb

#40 (permalink)      9/25/2015 4:51:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
I've settled in on a .5 Ω dual coil 28 gauge, running @ 27 watts. I find for this resistance ( and gauge ), this wattage is perfect for me. I can run the watts up to 50 on the ZNA, and the V2 keeps up. It is a little too warm for my liking, but doable. I guess I could end up with a sore throat if I vaped it that way for long.

Different wire gauge, juices, devices, all play a role in what the wattage best for that setup is. Generally, thicker wire requires more wattage to heat the wire up as fast as thinner wire. Even then, wire material plays a factor as well. This along with certain juices that vaporize at different temps. There are so many variables for each individual it would be hard to come to a 'one watt for all' IMO.

I always just play around long enough to figure out whats right for me. Then others can possibly use that as a starting point for them. :)
#41 (permalink)      9/25/2015 5:22:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaffoFL
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 8869
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos10806
+1 details
I just read through here, because I dig convos about RBA builds on these newer tanks. Will take an opportunity to learn or help any chance I get.

I don't have a Goliath, but I do have the Zephyrus, and one thing I discovered last night kinda floored me. I've been using the stock DT and that weird little heat sink too just because. I've had scattered luck with the Zeph, as much as I ultimately love it, but this last build and wicking kicks ass, doesn't leak, and I can vape up to and beyond 60 watts or so without any dry hits. You certainly can over power the juice feed with any build in one of these form factors with too much power, obviously. All about finding your perfect vape with your build, wicking, and power. I build differently for mechs and regulated devices for that reason.

Anyway, yesterday I had received an order of Muji cotton and a new Oso-style DT that I included in the order for the hell of it. I popped it on my Zeph and within a couple hits I was getting burnt cotton. Just changing the DT. Much smaller diameter air hole in the new DT, so I can only conclude that physics involved with the increased the vacuum in that chamber pulled vapor off the coils faster than the juice could feed. Just enough to make a difference anyway. I popped the stock DT set back on and back to vape heaven. Air opened up, proper vacuum again. So freakin weird.

So the moral of my story is y'all are right - interesting how such minute changes can make the biggest difference. If you are getting dry hits on a build where you thought you shouldn't, maybe try a wider-bore DT before you start over with the wicking. Because apparently it does make a diff. :)
"Knowing your own darkness is the [my clone is an angry little girl with a period] best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." ~ Jung