shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Whose rebuilding on this without leaking?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:47:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+1 details
Michelarm wrote:

How high do u put this coil?

I just build mine level to the holes in the post. maybe 2 mm?

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#12 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:48:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+1 details
My screw kept snapping a wire. Does urs.. I replace mine i can tighten it now full . Still not a perfect atty but getting there! Betta than subtank imo.
Peace
#13 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:48:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+1 details
My screw kept snapping a wire. Does urs.. I replace mine i can tighten it now full . Still not a perfect atty but getting there! Betta than subtank imo.
Peace
#14 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:52:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+2 details
rangermsr wrote:

Michelarm wrote:

Try it lower bout 1mm get bak to me if u like it i might try higher but get more throat hit. Peace

#15 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:58:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4166
+3 details
Michelarm wrote:

Peace

This is a recurring issue in many post and the fix tends to be the same.. Pull the screws lightly sand the bottom of sharp edges.. debur the post holes with a file or I use SKU 1986902.. Reassemble and install your build..

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 1:59 PM. Reason:
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#16 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:59:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+1 details
Michelarm wrote:

Peace

No, not yet anyway lol. I'll have to check them and clean the bottoms up if they are sharp.Michelarm wrote:

rangermsr wrote:
Michelarm wrote:

Try it lower bout 1mm get bak to me if u like it i might try higher but get more throat hit. Peace

Ok, I will next fill. Hadn't really thought to tweak it yet as I really like it as is, but if it's better....:D

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#17 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:26:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
+1 details
Actually I never put my wicks into the channels at all, None of them.
I make then short and then tuck then under onto the deck which then naturally has the folded under part of the wick sitting directly on top of the juice channels.
Sitting right there, the juice runs right down the channel anyhow.
I just make sure when folding them under that the long end (cut on an angle) is back against the screw block thingie and not sitting over the air hole.
I make them short enough, being on the angle, that when folded over, the angle is at the bac of it, near the screws so that end does tuck under nicely and i push it up against the screw block but the other side is short enough that it either just barely tucks but I mean barely, and will try to pop out until i put the juice on the cotton and then it will stick in place.
The juice just rolls off of the cotton where it sits on top of the juice channel and runs down it properly.

Any earlier attempts to leave strands right in the juice channels, if even just to the little deck and no further down, always created a leaky atty.
Done my way, they never leak, at least for me.
I dont need to cut them down from the top on an angle as some do for I always have just enough .....just enough that the chimney goes over them just fine.
Again I found cutting the top on an angle led to leaking for me.

What works for me, may not work for you and vice versa. Of course we also have different juices in that mine are 50/50 and perhaps someone elses is 70/30 and perhaps cutting them on an angle works better that way, at that percentage? Who knows why but you just know what works for you.

I always use the japanese cotton but on this atty I thought I would try the organic cotton so when I just took it out after posting the first post and I looked closely, the texture is different and it was causing my wick to be much fluffier and therefore bigger than I make them.
I took it out, pulled out my preferred Japanese cotton, made them as explained above, just like every other atty I have of this type and it works perfectly again.

Amazing how much difference it made just using a different cotton i am not used it, being that it's much fluffier.

Mine are set pretty low. Enough that i can tuck the cotton under but thats about it. Being that low it holds the cotton in place too, I think.
Again, someone that is into clouds might like them in a different position than I.

We are all different with slightly different methods of gaining the same output in the end :)
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#18 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:32:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+1 details
Rangermsr do u do 8 wraps 26 guage or no. I do 7 wraps 26 guage at 28 - 40 watts dual coil 2.5mm. Peeace

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 2:38 PM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:39:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160

Peace

On other atties I have had that but not on this one

Pull the screws lightly sand the bottom of sharp edges.. debur the post holes with a file

Good trick to remember. Never thought of that. Only had it with clones though, so far though and I usually switch out the screws to SS and haven't had it again.
Had it on the Goblin clone, on top of 2 spots that would never not short out ( I think i had the only crappy Goblin as everyone else loved theirs )
After that experience, it was Rangermsr that convinced me to go authentic only and never had a problem since. Decided I just did not have the patience for the small problems on clones. Problems might be just a fraction but over time and frustration, those fractions cost me too much time, therefore money yet some swear by them...

Still not a perfect atty but getting there! Betta than subtank imo.

Once u get the hang of it perfectly, I don't think any other tanks compare.

Bought the Uwell Crown the other day. Everyones raving about it. Its well made, its build on the same Goliath type system of filling your juice and admittedly a bit easier to fill but I haven't got the RDA deck yet so am so far only using the TC coils and as great as it is, its not as good taste wise as the Goliath.
But its TC coils are great.
The only drawback to this Goliath V2, IMO is that the pre-made coils only last a day, or two at the very longest. I don't thin its t he right tank for coils, so only good if you are rebuilding on it and then, like u guys, I think its #1, without any direct competition!

Have the authentic V1 and V2...Have 2 V1 clones but only one works. I had a couple of threads 6 weeks ago, looking for help putting one back together whose Orings and all parts got mixed up with the Goblin and some extra Goblin parts I had.
It only takes one wrong oRing to ensure it will never work properly again and i just cant get that one up...have looked and looked and cant figure out what part is wrong so just keeping it for future parts now :)

Yup, of this style, my favourite Atty. I equally love the Lemo 2 as well but they are two very different atties!! :)
But dont buy the Uwell Crown unless u want one with premade TC coils...Have given up some taste on it for ease of TC coils, but taste wise this one is the BEST!!!

#20 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:40:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
Weird, not only a double post BUT a triple...First time i have seen that happen here lol

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 2:44 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      9/5/2015 2:40:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
Weird, not only a double post BUT a triple...First time i have seen that happen here lol

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 2:45 PM. Reason: