shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Whose rebuilding on this without leaking?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/5/2015 10:50:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159
Whose rebuilding on this without leaking?
I normally pride myself on not having any of my attys leak.
I have 10 going at all times and none of them do.
1 however is a stock coil for TC on the Uwell Crown.

BUT.....this Goliath V2, I am having a hard time with.
Cant seem to find that "magic spot" in between it drying out, or leaking like mad.

I tend to keep attys like this that can produce huge clouds, closer to the right on the scale of opening them up, so there is as little juice as possible hitting the coils for even then I still get all the taste I crave as i am not about blowing clouds.
But on this one if I open it more, it leaks everywhere and if I don't and keep it pretty tightly closed, its too easy to have the wicks almost dry out.

So, the question is.........IS there anything different you are finding about wicking this particular atty, than other Goliaths, or like attys before this one?
I am wicking this exactly the same way I wick all attys prone to leaking and none of mine do, not even the infamous Goblin MinI, nor do I even get condensation so its the one area i am good at, but this one i just haven't yet been able to "get"

If there is a magic trick I am not yet aware of, please feel free to leave it..........but i suspect that there isn't and its just a matter of time until I get it right but if there is something u are aware of thats different on this one and can save me some time, I am all ears.

T.I.A.

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#2 (permalink)      9/5/2015 11:53:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159
+2 details
LOL

Another instance of Murphy's Law.
Have been frustrated rebuilding this atty only to have it flood each time so I finally asked for others using it and then made one last ditch effort to try re-wicking in a slightly different fashion and now it's 100% leak free...

When I was a later age teenager waiting for a bus late at night, after hours, to get home after the clubs closed and it was freezing out in the mid of winter, I could always count on lighting up a cigarette as a sure fire way of ensuring that the bus would follow within 1 minute.

It seems the same theory applies to being frustrated and asking for ideas here. Print it and the next one works perfectly ;)

Got it figured out.
No need to respond to my initial post.

Thanks none the less.....
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#3 (permalink)      9/5/2015 12:05:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4165
+1 details
I like the Goliath V1 for being able to pull my build and make small adjustments for peak performance.. It is funny how much a small adjustment can make a big difference in these platforms.. I learned a lot on my aqua V2 that carried over to the Goliath..

One of these days they will sell the Goliath V2 without the heads and just a rba deck only..
I might get one then if nothing better has shown up..
The Goliath has just rendered everything else I own near tasteless..

Glad you got it worked out ShelaghStone..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#4 (permalink)      9/5/2015 12:55:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
Good for you Shelagh. :). Glad you took the time to build it. The v2 is a great atty. It takes a bit to get any new build down, even with all the help and vids available. Once you have figured it out...it's as easy as falling down :D

Just remember if it ever leaks again...you have juice control. You can always turn the flow down a little. When I build this one, I make sure to tuck the wick up and out of the juice channels then turn the JFC down to approx 2/3 open. It stays dry as a chip, and keeps up good on higher warts with max VG

Like iggys, the v1, v2, have spoiled me with flavor. I find I'm comparing everything else to the Goliaths, and nothing else quite makes the grade for me now. The flavor on a few others comes very close, but there is just something a bit better with these for me :)
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#5 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:11:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+1 details
I put my wick cut at angle in da juice channelss. How high do u put this coil? I've seen some as 3mm.boya.
Peace.

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 1:14 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:11:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
-

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 1:14 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:17:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
I cut my wick on an angle too Michelarm :). I shoot for half way in the juice channel like you suggested, then tuck the 'extra' up onto the wick deck. This atty has been golden since. Thanks for your help :D
#8 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:18:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
I don't know it can dry hit cuz its virtually like n iclear wicks r always dipped in juice.
#9 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:25:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+1 details
No probs bra always help a fellow vaper. Peace

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 1:26 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:40:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
Michelarm wrote:

I don't know it can dry hit cuz its virtually like n iclear wicks r always dipped in juice.

Well, in my case it was because I had too much wick in the juice channels. I was getting 'semi' dry hits then. With a taper cut, one can thin the wick in the juice channel and leave it that way or tuck in up and over then adjust the JFC. I think that both methods produce the same results IMO. Either way, the Goliath ( both versions ) is my favorite atty for now

I'm still not sure what exactly makes this atty so much better. I had a theory the chimney on the v1 was the answer, but that was shot down as the v2 chimney was more like everything else out there ( not as conical ). The flavor / vapor on the v2 is just as good as the v1....so go figure :)

I was leary of the two post design at first. Now ( after I got used to it ) it is just as easy as the three post ( four hole ) design for me. I do think the two post design allows better air flow though

Edited on 9/5/2015 at 1:43 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      9/5/2015 1:47:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
Michelarm wrote:

How high do u put this coil?

I just build mine level to the holes in the post. maybe 2 mm?