shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Leaky?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/1/2015 1:39:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3149
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13193
Leaky?
The rba head spins loose during filling on mine. Causes leaks when it gets loose enough. The action is subtle so I didn't notice it right away. Took me a few days to sort it out. Tighten the rba after filling to ensure its snug. If your build and wicking are good this may be why you're still getting leaks.
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#2 (permalink)      9/1/2015 3:10:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
Truth in that ^. I had the RBA work loose once. I was already aware that others had this issue. Since, I have tighten the shite outa it...not a problem anymore :)

The wicking of this is important , but it is more forgiving than a lot of others. I did experience minor leaking ( more of a light seep ) a time or two, but I turned the juice control down to about 2/3rds open. No more leaks. Still keeps up with higher wattage, no dry hits, nice wet vapor using max VG :)

I like this version as good if not better than the v1 for vapor, flavor. I was skeptical, but it's a keeper for me. If I were to lose one of mine, I will buy another. I also plan to keep my v1's. They are the most flavorful, non leaking, easy to work with atty's I've tried to date...but as always YMMV :)

One note, the tank walls are a little more constricted with the v2. This has the potential to 'air lock' when bottom filling with thicker juice. Just be sure to 'clear' the bubble ( i blow through the fill ports ) before you fill. I always wait for the 'bubble' to float up from the base before I crank it up too.

Still a definite improvement from the v1 IMO. Things like 5ml capacity, shorter tank overall, wick access / filling isn't as touchy on the wicks, and an overall better look makes it better for me. Aside from that, they are the same.
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#3 (permalink)      9/1/2015 3:16:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3149
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13193
+2 details
I agree both goliaths and zephyrus are my goto tanks right now. This is an improvement to both of those ... Best tank on the market as far as I'm concerned, although Cthulhu v2 looks sweet, I'll give that one a shot if it shows up here.
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#4 (permalink)      9/1/2015 3:45:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+2 details
Yeah, the cthulhu v1 is a pretty good atty too. The v2 may make it's way here too :)
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#5 (permalink)      9/1/2015 4:43:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
+1 details
Truth in all that and that
nothing to see here
#6 (permalink)      9/1/2015 6:05:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KiNmO
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 339
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos138
Zero leaking here and an agreement on this being the best tank. Cthulhu V2 might kill it though...
#7 (permalink)      9/1/2015 6:05:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KiNmO
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 339
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos138
Zero leaking here and an agreement on this being the best tank. Cthulhu V2 might kill it though...