shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Stock Coils
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/25/2015 11:39:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
R4DLY
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 4675
  • Reviews 201
  • Kudos4113
Stock Coils
I don't normally try the stock coils but I thought I'd give these a go. They are awful, no taste at all. Is it just me?
Fear is the mind killer
#2 (permalink)      8/25/2015 3:31:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3142
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13157
+1 details
Its just you... lol they're about as good as any stock coil I've tried but not nearly as good as the included rba
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#3 (permalink)      8/25/2015 4:23:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
R4DLY
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 4675
  • Reviews 201
  • Kudos4113
+1 details
I've got the rba in now and it does kick ass. That's a lesson learned never to be so lazy again.
Fear is the mind killer
#4 (permalink)      8/28/2015 8:10:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
I have just put in the second coil that it comes with. I put the first coil in Thursday night last week so it lasted exactly 8 days. The last day, day 7, i began to taste a steel taste.
If you consider that I have 5 mods/atty set ups and 5 mechs (4 presently using) and am back and forth on all of them, it will tell you that I am not useing this full time. I am actually using a TC coil I make on my Sigelei 75 TC so, thats being used 75% of the time and the last 25% between mainly 3 others so lets say on an average even, 4 mods.
That again shows you how little i used it over the past week.
I use desert juice and on this one a Kapt Krunch so it is high in sweetness.
I vape it at only 25 watts so i am not burning them out.

As soon as I go through this coil I will rebuild my own.
HAD the coils been maybe $10 CAD through Fasttech to order them, I might have picked up 5 boxes and just slowly gone through them and had one tank that I could always easily count on but they want $15, which converted is close to $20 CAD.

i can afford to buy them. That isn't the point. The point is that I refuse to throw money away on $20 box of coils that might last, IF a month for very part time use.
If I vaped on this full time, I would likely be going through a coil per day.

I saw a video claiming that and I thought the person must be exaggerating. My experience with them suggests that he wasn't.

I will rebuild or i will retire the atty.
Its a principle thing for me.
I can get almost as good a vape using something as simple as a Kanger Subtank Mini, and it wont require a coil a day. I rebuild mine and might clean + rewick it every week and rebuild every 2nd which I consider acceptable.
But this also drinks 3x the amount of juice.

So be sure that you are a DIY'er or I think there are tanks that are far less expensive in the long run.........as good as this one might be.

Just my $0.05
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#5 (permalink)      8/28/2015 8:13:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
R4DLY wrote:

I don't normally try the stock coils but I thought I'd give these a go. They are awful, no taste at all. Is it just me?

I find the taste to be excellent though.
But not having yet rebuilt the coil, I can't compare but the coil without a doubt provides one of the best vapes I have had, but also, one of the most expensive

#6 (permalink)      8/28/2015 9:24:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
I'm loving the v2. You should go ahead and build it Shelagh. It took me a time or two to dial in the wick, but it's golden now.

I was a little disappointed that top filling isn't what I expected, but bottom filling is better with this. Seems the wicks aren't as disturbed when I take off the base as with the v1. The v2 is a little more restricted in the juice channels to the base, but so far wicks 80+ VG with no problems.

As for wicking..shoot for somewhere in the middle of the lower juice channel ( as was suggested to me ). I like to tuck the tail left hanging in the channel up onto the wick ledge. Leaves enough cotton to soak up the juice, but doesn't plug the channel to allow it to feed. Thick nice vapor with plenty of flavor :)

I did hook it up to my ZNA 50 and took it to 50 watts. It can keep up well. You can watch your juice disappear though :D
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#7 (permalink)      9/1/2015 7:53:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
+1 details
rangermsr wrote:

I'm loving the v2. You should go ahead and build it Shelagh. It took me a time or two to dial in the wick, but it's golden now.

I was a little disappointed that top filling isn't what I expected, but bottom filling is better with this. Seems the wicks aren't as disturbed when I take off the base as with the v1. The v2 is a little more restricted in the juice channels to the base, but so far wicks 80+ VG with no problems.

As for wicking..shoot for somewhere in the middle of the lower juice channel ( as was suggested to me ). I like to tuck the tail left hanging in the channel up onto the wick ledge. Leaves enough cotton to soak up the juice, but doesn't plug the channel to allow it to feed. Thick nice vapor with plenty of flavor :)

I did hook it up to my ZNA 50 and took it to 50 watts. It can keep up well. You can watch your juice disappear though :D

Yes, going to rebuild it tonight.
The second coil lasted the equivalent of about one days wort of vaping.

The premade coils I think are horrible in that they don't last BUT really good when they are.
Like you I rebuild but Id be a bit angry if i were only buying coils for it and for that reason, I think they failed, at least for the premade coil audience but for us, I have no doubt i will love it when I rebuild tonight.

I use 50/50 juice so i rarely run into problems with wicks, other than I use sugary sweet desert vapes, like Kaptn Krunch so they gunk up quickly.

U r right, no problem with the bottom filling on this one. The V1 I still have to put it on really slowly or it becomes uneven.

The first Goliath clone i bought here and had a long thread about, trying to put it together.....that one i was never able to get working again. Never knew why . Tried everything. Nothing worked but I did buy another one, plus an authentic and both work perfectly. That in fact was the last time I was going to buy a clone atty.
Ive just had unnecessary problems with them yet with authentics they always work perfectly for me.

So if you see this before I wrap it.....not sure but are you using it for V/W or TC? What r u wrapping this one at, if you remember?
Guessing I will just do a dual 0.5 coil unless i think of something better for it.

Not planning to do dual coils on TC as I still love my Sigelei mods and am 150% happy with those on V/W. Maybe next time

Glad to hear u are enjoying it, but I figured you would be :)

Edited on 9/1/2015 at 7:54 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      9/1/2015 9:49:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7819
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11670
+1 details
I'm doing about 6 wraps 28 gauge dual coil right at .55. I have a 50 watt ZNA ( no TC ) that I've run this on. It works well at higher wattage. I use mostly mechs, and have been rocking this :)

I've been thinking about getting in on the TC thing. I feel confident the Goliath v2 could handle it :)
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#9 (permalink)      9/1/2015 11:27:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
Sure it could. Handle TC that is.
im not ready though to put that on TC.
thats why i asked u
from what I have done in TC so far, I am not ready to wrap Nickel in dual coils because i think its just too much work in nickel
im going to read up on titanium----but for me, nickel is just too weak, pliable...collapses easily. Kanathal s much easier to work with, in my opinion so i am not sure it would be a good device for the dual coils......but perhaps others will think differently than I do.
But no, right now I am happy with certain attys and mods and V/W will always be there for me regardless of how TC goes.

Im torn on TC.
I like it when its good
but i find its just yet too....whats the word......tooo......unstable, not reliable and i hate that you have to change coils daily, or at least i do?
I really should ask around and see what others do but i find after a day, you start to taste the metal.

In any event, thats a really nice piece.
I have only seen their V/W devices
but i really like the style of that one
Looks great!!

6 wraps 28 gauge dual coil right at .55.

I figured u were going to be in around there
i didnt have time tonight but will tomorrow
im going to prefer this without the coils BUT those coils were good for a few hours :)

Thanks. I figured those settings were about right. Just wanted to find out if I was right and that was what you would do with the coils., if the deck was harder to build on, etc but it looks pretty easy anyhow.

Cheers

Edited on 9/1/2015 at 11:28 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      9/2/2015 12:28:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vikat
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 140
  • Kudos76
+1 details
I use 24AWG titanium and I only change wicks, been able to use the same coil for 3 weeks now. When I changed my wick, I just cleaned the coils under running hot water and they are ready to go again (goliath V1).
#11 (permalink)      9/2/2015 5:28:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
Vikat wrote:

I use 24AWG titanium and I only change wicks, been able to use the same coil for 3 weeks now. When I changed my wick, I just cleaned the coils under running hot water and they are ready to go again (goliath V1).

U r referring to coils you build yourself though?

Rebuilding coils on any device for me as well last a week or so before I need to rewick.
As for how many weeks the coil is there, I can't say for I usually change the c oil for other reasons, such as wanting to try a different ohm, temp etc; but I was speaking specifically of the pre-made coils made for this device.
I think they are awful if they only last a day before developing a metal taste to them.

I sometimes begin to get that taste on rebuildables and know its time to rewick, which of course gets rid of it but a bit harder to do on pre-made coils unless you are into carefully taking them apart and rebuilding. I am personally not into that.

I am assuming that that is what you are responding to??!!!!