shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

FANTASTIC
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/18/2015 1:38:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VforVapor2015
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31
+1 details
The Goliath V2 rocks indeed. The flavour is out of this world for a 5ml tank! Vapor is so dense and crisp i love it.
#12 (permalink)      8/18/2015 4:49:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159

I already broke a tank on one of my v2's. I have some Goblin mini glass in the mail though lol

The Goblin Mini matches?
Good to know...
I long gave up on the crappy little Goblin clone i ended up with but being my first shipment of clones, having bought that one and the Orchid the same day, I stupidly purchased 3 spare goblin tanks i have never used.
Good to know that they will fit the goliath v2 if that's correct??!!

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#13 (permalink)      8/18/2015 5:04:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kuolema
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 1052
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4267
+1 details
Yes, the tanks for Goblin Mini and Goliath V2 are the same.

Edited on 8/18/2015 at 9:05 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      8/18/2015 5:25:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159

I remember one of your early posts When you were contemplating building coils.I think you were asking about a good place to start and were a bit overwhelmed about having to learn all this stuff. Well I think you've done well.

Thanks.
I believe so as well.
I wasn't just learning one but learning about 5 at once and hadn't even finished getting one up when 2 more would arrive in the mail.
So it was a bit overwhelming but more frustrating for i didn't have a full 2 hours to sit down in one go, to learn as many do.
Nor did I ever, still never have, seen another person make a coil in front of me.
Nor did I have "friends" other vapers who I would hang out wit and discuss coils or have them show me what to do.
People said WATCH YOUTUBE....but every time I did, in the beginning, i didn't really understand the terminology yet, or why they were choosing 24
gauge instead of 26 gauge, etc, so it went in one ear and out the other.
Hence, I never watched Youtube videos and had ONLY this forum in which to learn from.
Seeing peoples photos, etc.
So I do get rather annoyed when someone from here makes some ridiculous crack about how i should give up coiling and go back to smoking, or some such stupid comment.
Some people here seem to act as if the woke up one day, decided to vape and rebuild and 3 hours later were master builders.
Its alot tougher to learn 5 at once and all that goes with it, then it is 1, which is what most people do, one at a time.
I would NEVER advise anyone to learn as i did, unless their past included work with tools or some other sort of hobby but for me, I was coming in without a minute's history of even using a hammer, let alone knowing what the difference was between one set of pliers to the next ;)

In other words I was at a great disadvantage than many others familiar with tools and such.
The thing that screwed me up more than anything else?
Everyone telling me, when I was trying to first grasp ohms, in order to know what ohms to build at and what wattage it would need, was that everyone kept repeating over and over to look at the subohm charts.
If you look closely at the subohm charts, they don't make any sense but that's what i was given to work with and it took a much longer time than it should have, for me to finally grasp that it was all wrong and on one paid any intention to them.

#15 (permalink)      8/18/2015 5:25:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159
+1 details

As far as the Goliaths go, someone here useed to post pics of there 4 modded Orchids and I was so jealous that they had found something they liked and were happy. I don't want to keep buying the new latest thing every week to have it sitting on the shelf with the rest of the experiments in vape nirvana, and there is a collection now.
I don't believe there is such a thing as the perfect Tank, dripper, box mod etc I just want a little consistency

I agree. I am with you 100%.
I'm slowing down now.
Partly because i have found perfection and secondly, because it's just become too frustrating to buy items I have to wait a minimum of 21 days after 20 day advance sales as well as everything it just seems is taking much longer to ship.

Myself I have only purchased 2 tanks I didn't like. The Orchid which i could not get a good hit from, and the Goblin clone that kep shorting in 3 different spots.
Everything else i have loved and use but rather than buy 10 different ones, I have bought 4 types but 3x each, that sort of thing.
I LOVE the Lemo 2 and the Goliath V1 and will hopefully love the V2 but having found perfection, I can't be bothered to buy attys from here on in that I know will not be at least as good as what i already have.
If you don't approach it that way, then there will be too much inconsistency.
Its rather interesting though. Why do we keep buying items when we have already found what we love? Why must we have the latest toys?
I have one cell phone.
I dont need 12 cell phones.
Makes you wonder why we consistently buy new vaping gear??!! :)

One thing I did though, was that I looked at many regulars here on the forum and their shopping habits and discovered that many don't even buy that much...lol
I guess they too have found their own Nirvana and just like to discuss new things, but aren't running out and buying every new toy either.
They are much more selective but i suspect it also came after buying frenzies such as we went on.

So yes, Id say, relax and enjoy what you have...rather than continuously search for gear that is unlikely going to give you the pleasure you have already found with various attys now. Consider everything else a learning experience. Thats how I look at it

#16 (permalink)      8/18/2015 5:26:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159
Kuolema wrote:

Yes, the tanks for Goblin Mini and Goliath V2 are the same.

Perfect, thanks :)

#17 (permalink)      8/18/2015 5:30:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159
+1 details

I couldn't keep these subohm tanks running without DIY juice. I just found the access to juice in Australia hard work and you have to add your own Nic anyways unless its shipped ready made from OS. Doublers are popular here but your already DIY when you start dealing with them. I keep the Juice thing simple and there are a few good single flavors that make things easy.

We all do things differently.
I tend to by nature throw myself into things until i feel I have mastered it, at least with the basics.
Then I slow down.
But to learn I can't do it slowly.
I have to attack it rather intensely.

But now I will next turn to DIY.
Been meaning to but was too busy with what free time I had, dealing with all the stuff i was buying and setting up.
Now its time to ramp it down and go DIY.

Sorry to hear u r having problems with getting Nic, etc
I do hope that regulation does not create that problem as well for us :(

#18 (permalink)      8/21/2015 12:28:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23159
+1 details
Not having enough time, after having it sit here 6 days untouched, I finally just threw in one of the stock coil heads to see how i liked it and its a lovely vape.
I wont be sure until I rebuild on it, as I just cant bear to buy coils and prefer to build myself.
Rebuilding and wicking is not usually my problem..
I never have problems with authentic tanks.

My problems are always and only with clones.
The Goliath V1 I had immense problems with. I could never get the air hole door open. it was worse than a fight every single time. When my partner mixed up all the parts, tanks, o-Rings, etc, between the Goliath V1 it was the worst period i have gone though with Vaping and the stress of trying to get those two to work, were enough to swear someone off of rebuilding forever.
I finally gave up on that Goliath clone V1. I only ever got one tank out of it without problems. The first tank but it was downhill from there on i but I ended up buying an authentic and I use that one daily without any problems at all.
The Goblin clone shorted in 3 spots, yet i have the authentic Goblin Mini and never had one problem with it.
I personally won't touch clone atomizers anymore and unless I have just had terrible bad luck, I cant understand how people can accept them.

So it was a pleasure to use this so far the last few hours.
Best Vape?
Too early to say.
In a day or two when I have time I shall try to rebuild but one thing I am noticing?

I have seen review after review complain as to the amount of juice it drinks. I vape at 25 watts and I keep the air hole only slightly open, 1/3rd and I am so far not drinking though it as I expected it to do.
Im not a chain vaper although i do vape a lot.

It appears to be no different than the Goblin Min bearing in mind I did not have any of the leaking or condensation issues that many here on FT did, so I consider it in some ways, with coil heads at least, to be pretty good.

Its made exceptionally well.
I haven't as of yet cut myself as I have heard others have but perhaps that is because I am familiar with the Goliath V1?

So, Basically, I like it and don't begrudge them the price they charged for this. The quality is that good.
Will let you know how it is once rebuilt.

Still lots of juice but perhaps those going through so much of it are vaping at 80 watts with a full opening for the air but for someone that vapes as I do, i am not pouring through juice as I was told to expect.

So far I am glad i bought it but again, once I rebuild I will see if I still like it as much then :)
#19 (permalink)      8/30/2015 2:27:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
billybob
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 139
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos111
ShelaghStone wrote:

But now I will next turn to DIY.
Been meaning to but was too busy with what free time I had, dealing with all the stuff i was buying and setting up.
Now its time to ramp it down and go DIY.

You will not believe how much money you can save. There are recipes on line for most popular blends and some flavorings are great by themselves. I order my nic and pg/vg premixed and just add flavor. Then I test with a Magma. I could never find a decent tobacco flavor until I mixed my own. TFA M type blend and Red type blend.