shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

FANTASTIC
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/16/2015 6:43:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tehmidcap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 612
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos252
+3 details
FANTASTIC
So I had two of these on pre-order, then cancelled them due to some concerns regarding the tank being very hard to remove from the deck/base... I was also a bit skeptical about Youde, only personally really liking the Zephyrus out of their latest tanks and being miffed that they told consumers the Goblin Mini would have top fill when it did not.

Last week I decided to hell with it and that I wanted to try one out for myself, I knew I could always sell it if I didn't like it (like I had just did with the Silverplay V2 that I bought and was disappointed in).

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE TESTER REVIEWS. This tank is absolutely user friendly and is not a PIA in any way, at least the one that I got. It's very easy to remove the tank to access the build and refill (hasn't gotten stuck in any way since I've owned it), and after 4 days of non-stop use this tank has not leaked a SINGLE drop (and that's with always leaving the juice control wide open, if you were extra cautious and closed it when it was in your pocket leaks would absolutely never happen). Turning the juice control is also smooth as butter, twist the glass section of the tank with a tiny bit of force and it turns nice and smooth.

Before owning this tank, the Zephyrus and Billow V2 were the only two RTAs I was regularly using. Now this is the only RTA I will be using regularly, and the Zephyrus has been downgraded to a backup. It has just the right amount of airflow, great flavor for the amount of airflow, looks a lot sleeker than the original Goliath, and I LOVE the simple and mess-free deck access with the juice control. Single coil option makes this even better -- The only feature that's missing is top fill, but filling is easy enough through the slots. Hands down the best vape I've ever had from an RTA using nickel coils on the Goliath V2! When I'm in the mood I can open the airflow and crank the joules and REALLY power hit this thing and never once get a dry coil message, this thing can really keep up with the heaviest of chain vapers in my opinion.

I can't honestly say how the occ coils are, or if the shorting problem from the Zephyrus is present, because I've only used the RBA.

I would like to note I got mine from a US Vendor, possibly could have been newer stock than those that pre-ordered from FT? Otherwise don't get the bad reviews unless there's some duds and some gems.
#2 (permalink)      8/16/2015 6:53:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tehmidcap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 612
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos252
+2 details
I own or have owned:

Silverplay (clone), Silverplay V2 (authentic), Goliath (clone), Golbin (clone) , Subtank Mini (authentic), Billow V2 (authentic), Zephyrus (authentic)

And this RTA blows them all out of the water in terms of simplicity of use, and most importantly, vapor production (most notably very EASY wicking).

The only tanks out of the above that are in the same league, in my opinion, are the Billow V2 and Zephyrus -- The Billow V2 doesn't quite have the airflow of the Goliath V2 and the Zephyrus can be a bit finnicky and can be a PITA to wick without getting dry hits or leaking... The Goliath V2 is extremely easy to wick (stuff some down into the top section of the wide ass juice channel), has a decent enough capacity to last me a whole shift at work plus a few hours at home, looks great, and as I said above can really keep up with chain vaping. Can't recommend it enough, WELL worth the price tag for the authentic (keep in mind I got 2 from a US vendor for about $60 shipped).
#3 (permalink)      8/17/2015 2:06:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KiNmO
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 340
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos138
+2 details
Well, I could not have said that better. This became also my favorite tank instantly. Though I only have a few. (This one, Subtank Plus and Nano, Goblin and a kayfun clone.) If I had more money, I would buy one of these for every flavor I vape :D
#4 (permalink)      8/17/2015 2:20:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10450
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos7909
+1 details
Good to hear. I have a brand new at home for a week and never even touched it... no time.. too many tanks...

The only thing I tried was disassembling it and it was no problem at all.

Edited on 8/17/2015 at 2:21 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      8/17/2015 4:27:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
+1 details
Glad others like it besides me
nothing to see here
#6 (permalink)      8/17/2015 4:53:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+3 details
Count me in :D. I love these tanks. I have two now, and I take them with me when I go out. I keep one goliath v1, and a cthulhu on stand by just in case.
Clumsy as I am ...I already broke a tank on one of my v2's. I have some Goblin mini glass in the mail though lol

I find the v2 a little more finicky than the v1, but even then it's not as finicky as many others I've tried. Just a bit different. I still like it as good as the v1 though.

The main thing about the v2 is it seems to get 'airlock' with me. Something about high VG coming into the juice channels doesn't always push air out right away. I've learned to 'burp' it after a full fill. After that.....no worries :) Of course, getting the wick right helped a bunch too.
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#7 (permalink)      8/17/2015 5:44:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
+1 details
I have two of the V1 and two V2 and its all I use now and for a long time I think. I just don't like draining tanks to access the build deck. And it's the best vape I have got out of a tank. Tried zephyrus, goliaths, tchtulu, lemo2, subtanks etc
nothing to see here
#8 (permalink)      8/17/2015 6:47:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4166
+1 details
One of these days they will offer a headless version at a reduced price.. I'm not paying for sample heads again..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#9 (permalink)      8/17/2015 11:21:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23160
+1 details
Aschzzz wrote:

I have two of the V1 and two V2 and its all I use now and for a long time I think. I just don't like draining tanks to access the build deck. And it's the best vape I have got out of a tank. Tried zephyrus, goliaths, tchtulu, lemo2, subtanks etc

I really love the feature of not having to access ur tank to get to the coils.
i just got the V2 in today but no time to look closely at it yet

after the horrible time I had with one Goliath V1 after all the parts and o-rings were messed up/confused with the Goblin,
THIS TIME i am taking it apart carefully and will look very closely at it first...lol

but bought a new Goliath V1 from a reviewer here for only $15
said he'd used it only once
i found a o-ring in a spot there shouldn't be one
leading me to believe it was leaking on him and he wasn't able to fix it so dumped it
So now i have 3 Goliath v2's alone

so will have 4 goliaths going at any one time
gotta take up DIY
these tanks drink juice like =water

but glad to hear most like it, although i understand there seems to be some complications wit it ;(
should have time on Friday to get to it finally

But LEMO 2 is still my all time fav tanks :)
These goliaths run 2nd

I have a brand new at home for a week and never even touched it... no time.. too many tanks...

Sooo understand that.
Here I have let things slide, too many tanks, taking p more time than i have ;(

Edited on 8/17/2015 at 11:23 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#10 (permalink)      8/18/2015 12:29:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
I remember one of your early posts When you were contemplating building coils.I think you were asking about a good place to start and were a bit overwhelmed about having to learn all this stuff. Well I think you've done well. I find it overwhelming and still do. I couldn't keep these subohm tanks running without DIY juice. I just found the access to juice in Australia hard work and you have to add your own Nic anyways unless its shipped ready made from OS. Doublers are popular here but your already DIY when you start dealing with them. I keep the Juice thing simple and there are a few good single flavors that make things easy.

As far as the Goliaths go, someone here useed to post pics of there 4 modded Orchids and I was so jealous that they had found something they liked and were happy. I don't want to keep buying the new latest thing every week to have it sitting on the shelf with the rest of the experiments in vape nirvana, and there is a collection now.
I don't believe there is such a thing as the perfect Tank, dripper, box mod etc I just want a little consistency

nothing to see here
#11 (permalink)      8/18/2015 1:38:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VforVapor2015
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos31
+1 details
The Goliath V2 rocks indeed. The flavour is out of this world for a 5ml tank! Vapor is so dense and crisp i love it.