shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Pre-made heads + DIY single-coil setup?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/16/2015 5:30:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KeyBee
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 483
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos330
Pre-made heads + DIY single-coil setup?
I dont like the plug for RBA (especially as they could release whole SC deck). But it looks like these pre-made heads could be coiled with single coil (even vertical coil) easily. Has anybody tried it already?

Edited on 7/16/2015 at 5:31 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      7/16/2015 5:36:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DeRaaf
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 265
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos393
No. We are all waiting for you to try first.
He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a human.
#3 (permalink)      7/16/2015 10:04:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 589
  • Reviews 171
  • Kudos243
+1 details
I've tried the single coil setup with the same plug, in Goblin mini. At first I was a skeptic, but it's surprisingly pretty good. The raised metal top of the plug reduces the chamber size, even more than a single coil design, so the flavor is intensified, especially if you reduce the airflow by about a quarter. I actually prefer it to the dual coil. The flavor is nothing as intense as it is in Nextgen RTA, but it's somewhat like the Kayfun Lite Plus, but with many times the airflow.
#4 (permalink)      7/16/2015 10:41:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KeyBee
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 483
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos330
thank you for informative reply ;) I ll give it a try and hope some agressive liquid wont eat the silicone plug :)
I asked because of Ni200 builds which are better as SC. Still interested in those heads - it would be nice to have one spare head if I go out for a weekend (just for sure). Moreover I like ceramics - maybe it adds some taste too.