shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

these things
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/15/2015 10:00:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10481
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8039
+1 details
this isn't ready to ship either, so I guess they all get their stock next week.
#12 (permalink)      7/15/2015 10:49:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kemosabe
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 2681
  • Reviews 203
  • Kudos1243
+1 details
rangermsr wrote:

In a month or two this will be around 20 bux. For now, it is at 'premium'. UD has been on their A game lately. I don't mind to pay a few dollars more if it encourages the development of better products ( which this is IMO )

Maybe I missed it somehow, but I haven't found this anywhere else that is ready to ship? The few places I've found are still waiting on stock

schmexactly. wait a month or two, price falls in half. that what im about. kinda wanted the zephryus but seemed strange to buy a replaceable coil tank. plus that price. maybe i'll get it down the road, but i still cant justify it when perfectly fine (excellent actually) orchids are freakin ten bucks. the only problem with waiting a month or two for the price to fall is that theyll have a new "better" tank out then and that will be tempting everyone LOL.

*Join CASAA to fight for our rights as vapers*
#13 (permalink)      7/15/2015 11:32:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tiagosv
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
TheNeuBee, where do I get this for 27$ ??
#14 (permalink)      7/15/2015 11:44:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
omghax
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 653
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos278
+1 details
Anyone notice it says Sample on the side of it, near the AFC?

Been waiting for this RTA for awhile, been saving up... didn't think I needed to save that much jeez. Tapping into my DNA 200 fund for this, damn you UD!

At least I've learned though, that these higher priced items are usually worth it in the long run.

I suppose I'll wait a few days for the price to settle, I'm glad to see FastTech carrying more items but not sure where there's a premium when no one else does.

Thanks
¯\_(^~^)_/¯
#15 (permalink)      7/15/2015 11:50:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ylte72
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 115
  • Reviews 41
  • Kudos117
+2 details
Overpriced, like all UD products on this site. I think UD has misunderstood why they have sold buckets. It's not just because of innovation and decent products. The reason we could tolerate the crunchy threads and knife sharp edges, was because of the price.

This is probably a good RTA, but if you want quality for your money, the Billow V2 is a gem.
Restocking in 20 days
#16 (permalink)      7/15/2015 1:10:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7839
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11720
I did notice the 'sample' on the side. Another site had a vid up that explained this was due to it being given out to review. I don't think the ones we will get will have this on it, but I wouldn't mind if it did :)

UD's first offering of the goliath is well done. From reviews of the clones here alone, I am glad I got the authentic. It works well as it should, and I would pay it again. I should say I did pay it again as I got the v2 coming today :). Well, in 5 days? LOL. I just hope they get them in as advertised :)

To be clear, I don't really like the look of the goliath one, but it performs very well. I still think it was worth the money as the quality is there. I just like the look, and the added features the v2 will bring

I would normally just get two to start, but I want to try this one first before I commit to another. They are a little more than I would normally spend.
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#17 (permalink)      7/15/2015 2:50:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
Is it just me, or does it look like they found a way to make the flow control even harder to turn? lol

I mean, if a protruding knurled ring offered quite a bit of resistance, how bad is it gonna be when that ring is flush with the sides and smooth?

Nevermind, I just saw that you are supposed to turn the entire top. Makes a LOT more sense. lol Still, wasn't it supposed to be top fill, or am I missing something there too? That bottom deck design is a coin toss between really easy and an aggravating bitch to get threaded back on...
#18 (permalink)      7/15/2015 4:13:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
+1 details
Yes its expensive but I haven't bought a tank for a month or more and have been waiting for this.
UD do good tanks. I have 2 goliath V1 and they are my favorite. Also have a clone and that's sitting there for spares, didn't like the yellow film of corrosion which appeared after the boiling.
nothing to see here
#19 (permalink)      7/15/2015 5:06:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
botham
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Leuch wrote:

P.S. I just ordered a subtank mini clone with the new style rebuildable deck for 12 dollars...I think FT still has the deals lol.

What is the product link ?

#20 (permalink)      7/15/2015 5:08:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7839
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11720
The ring on mine isn't too bad to turn, and yes there are ways to make it easier. One is to loosen the top from the deck, turn the ring, then snug it back. One shouldn't have to fiddle much after you figure out where it works best though.

The deck is a little annoying to get the top threaded on. Thats partly why I started top filling this puppy ( thanks to AndyK, and his video :), and because one has to always adjust the wicks after it is taken off. A minor thing though. It's just easier to top fill. Still nice to have instant access to the deck too.

I agree UD is making good stuff. The authentic's I got ( I got two v1's also :) work very well, and they are well machined / made. They are just a little more expensive, but they are worth every penny to me. I don't mind paying a fair price for quality, which IMO is good on these :)
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#21 (permalink)      7/15/2015 5:12:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos725
+3 details
40 bucks is cheap imo + spares 2 coils