shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Don't make me buy this!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/15/2015 6:47:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tehmidcap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 612
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos252
+1 details
ferongr wrote:

Wait for the reviews. The Silverplay has a similar split-tank (SS/glass) design and thick juices have trouble feeding since there's a constriction inbetween the chimney and the SS shelf the glass rests on

Uh, this is completely different as there's juice control with different sized slots (that's why it looks like the chimney gets so wide at the bottom of the window, its not going around right there but through).

Actually has varying settings not just on or off like kayfun 4. Should work perfectly with ANY juice, as well as deck access on demand.

You can use zephyrus coils too. Personally I don't care to but that's gotta be a plus for some. Two post deck will make nickel builds a breeze, dual or single coil, improved capacity... there's something for everyone here.

Edited on 7/15/2015 at 6:52 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      7/15/2015 7:20:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BilltheBloody
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos43
+3 details
I'm so tempted even though I already have a V1 Goliath, in fact it's probably because I love the V1 that I now want this!

Damn you
#13 (permalink)      7/15/2015 7:26:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10452
+1 details
I see no huge improvement over the V1 that would warrant me needing this.

I got hyped up about the V1 and was disappointed. I'll pass on this one.
Joke's on you, this isn't actually a raffle.
#14 (permalink)      7/15/2015 7:28:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3608
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5163
+3 details

there's something for everyone here.

Yeah... Almost... If Youde would of included a top fill option it would of had everything! Pity, 75% of the time I just need a quick fill and don't need to look at my build/wicks. That awesome juice control would keep the deck from flooding with the top fill option... Should of been a no brainer!

I'll wait for Goliath 3...

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#15 (permalink)      7/15/2015 7:38:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10452
+2 details
TruckinVapor wrote:

If Youde would of included a top fill option it would of had everything! Pity, 75% of the time I just need a quick fill and don't need to look at my build/wicks. That awesome juice control would keep the deck from flooding with the top fill option... Should of been a no brainer! I'll wait for Goliath 3...

You are correct 100% sir. Top fill would have been enough to warrant a purchase.

I feel like they always leave something out from the vaper's 'perfect RTA' list on purpose, so no one says "Well, that's it for me, I don't need any more tanks."

Edited on 7/15/2015 at 7:38 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      7/15/2015 8:09:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4166
+1 details
I finally got the V1 Goliath a couple of days ago and I really like it.. If you hold the glass down tight you can top fill it no problem.. I find it easier to top fill the Goliath than say the Zephyrus with the fiddly little fill plug.. The V2 Goliath looks like you can top fill it the same way as the V1..
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#17 (permalink)      7/15/2015 8:17:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+2 details
I top fill the V1 all the time now. This version will improve on that in one doesn't have to hold the tank down as you do so. The one piece chimney helps this too.

I have gotten spoiled on the juice control. This feature makes every build a winner as you can dial it in to perfection. Even the same build can have minor differences that juice control can match, not to mention absolute no leak by shutting it off completely ( altitude change, temp, top filling, etc. )

The flush fit, the better top fill option, quick access to the build deck, multiple coil options, all make this the atty to have IMO, even at this price :D. In da cart

Edited on 7/15/2015 at 8:22 AM. Reason:
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#18 (permalink)      7/15/2015 8:29:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
+1 details
ferongr wrote:

Wait for the reviews. The Silverplay has a similar split-tank (SS/glass) design and thick juices have trouble feeding since there's a constriction inbetween the chimney and the SS shelf the glass rests on

For the record ( and no I don't have the v2 yet ), the v1 is the same as far as the design of the tank. I have no problems with max VG in it. In fact, I still run the juice control at approximately 1/2 to 2/3rds open to slow it down a bit. I think thicker juice would do well too. I will have to wait to verify this 100%, but I'm confident it will work the same

I love the goliath v1. I sure hope the v2 doesn't have 'issues' unforeseen. The few reviews I've seen tells me it's a winner :D. I'm about to find out :)

#19 (permalink)      7/15/2015 8:41:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10452
I bet the V2 runs through juice just as fast as the V1.

Refill every 10 minutes? Nah, I'm good.
#20 (permalink)      7/15/2015 9:34:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7823
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11679
^ I hope so lol. This only means more flavor to me :). Refilling isn't a problem for me with the v1 ( or the v2 it would seem )

Most of my recipes for DIY taste better than ever too, but of course MMV for others.
#21 (permalink)      7/15/2015 8:04:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tehmidcap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 612
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos252
+1 details
This has increased capacity as well.

They easily could've added top fill, with juice control it would be a leak-free top fill as well... But oh well, filling through the juice slots is good enough, quick enough, and mess-free enough for me. As long as I don't have to take out a screw and fill through a tiny hole I'm good. And as someone else said, you can just top refill this the way you would with a Goblin and it would work better here because of the ability to stop juice from flowing to the deck.

I don't see anything else that would make this a better RTA, honestly, at least to me. This is the last RTA I'm going to buy indefinitely, as I'm already 100% satisfied with 2 RTAs I own and suspect I will be with this as well and have others that I mostly enjoy too.