shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Replacement drip tip for Subtank Mini?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/4/2019 10:37:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kishore
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 56
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
+1 details
Replacement drip tip for Subtank Mini?
Hi,

I broke the drip tip, and I need a replacement (in black color with 1 O-ring). Does anybody know if the replacements are available on fasttech?
I found one (SKU: 4470100), but it is out of stock.
I would take even a toptank mini's drip tip (even though it is shorter) as long as it is of the same color (black). Presently, I am using my toptank mini's drip tip with my subtank mini.

A couple of other questions regarding drip tips:

1. Does any 510 drip tip fit subtank mini or should it be made specifically for subtank mini?

2. I found a few 510 drip tips with 2 O-rings on them. Do they also fit subtank mini?
The drip tip that came with my subtank mini has/had 1 O-ring (red color) and the O-ring sits in the groove of the subtank mini when the drip tip is pushed down. So I am not sure if 510 drip tips with 2 O-rings will fit subtank mini.

3. I see 510 drip tips made from different materials: POM, Teflon, Acrylic, Silicone, etc. What are the differences between those materials in terms of vape quality/experience, durability of the drip tip, safety, etc?

Thanks.
#2 (permalink)      2/6/2019 2:34:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blomme
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
+1 details
I don't have any suggestions for an identical replacement, sorry, but in regards to some of your general questions:

1. I've used a bunch of generic drip tips with my Subtanks. As long as they're 510, chances are they will work.

2. I tend to prefer dual ring tips, and the ones I used the most on the Subtanks had two o-rings.

Generally 510 drip tips are cross compatible, depending on tolerances of the tanks and tips.
Sometimes you might need an o-ring swap if it's too tight/loose, and sometimes (rarely, in my experience), they won't fit at all.

3. Dunno about this one, really. I vape pretty low wattage MTL style, so heat isn't much of an issue for me, but perhaps for higher powered vapes the material will make a difference?
I just go for appearance, currently using mostly ultem/PEI tips. What makes more of a difference for me personally is the shape of the tip, hard edges etc.
#3 (permalink)      2/26/2019 5:41:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kishore
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 56
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
Thank you for the response. I ordered SKUs 2120703 & 2341104.
I will order some dual O-ring drip tips the next time —I can always remove the bottom O-ring if the drip tip doesn't fit.
#4 (permalink)      2/26/2019 11:23:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1028
  • Reviews 127
  • Kudos282
here are a few , i think the original may have been 17.4mm

SKU 9688872

SKU 8500505

SKU 5212901

SKU 4252903
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)